Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:26 pm

Author Topic: GSXR750...  (Read 16634 times)

paulchucky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - fzs1000 01
    • View Profile
Re: GSXR750...
« Reply #75 on: 23 May 2016, 09:01:56 pm »

on a track the srad + k series 750`s are awesome on the  real roads i`ll you aint gunna loose a well ridden fazer ;-)

waters wet, shit stinks !

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24 May 2016, 06:24:13 am »

on a track the srad + k series 750`s are awesome on the  real roads i`ll you aint gunna loose a well ridden fazer ;-)

Thats not really true, no matter how well you ride, your not going to hang on to the tail of a well ridden R6, CBR, ZX6 etc if they use their bike's capabilities you will get left behind.

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 24 May 2016, 06:51:36 pm »
from my experience, and having ridden both on roads i know like the back of my hand, the GSXR would be quicker without a doubt no matter how hard i rode it, the FZS600 would not be able to get out of the corners as quick or hold the line at speed in some of them, not to mention not accelerate as fast etc.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24 May 2016, 07:33:29 pm »
The thing that entices me about the 750 is that it is the same weight as a 600 so whilst having more power it should be as flickable and so is therefore in my book both better than the 600 & the 1000.....a basic view ok but there we go.

It is true that there is no such thing as the perfect bike.....my 600 was a good all rounder but sometimes lacked excitement, the thou was powerful but too heavy....my trx handles a dream & has lovely low down oomph with character but runs out of puff.

Still want to try one o these 750's though....ive got the itch.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24 May 2016, 08:45:05 pm »
The only problem with the 750's, well with almost any modern supersport bike is the top end, very easy to use, even on our congested roads but get caught and you'll be looking at an instant ban if not prison. I know the throttle works both ways but the way I see it is if you've got it you'll use it, well its rude not to.

I still say the best way is something like one of the race rep 400's, with only about 70bhp you have to concerntrate on braking, corner speed and the right gear to get the best out of it, bit gutless on motorways obviously but if you want to go touring your not in the market for one of these anyway.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 24 May 2016, 09:04:48 pm »

Thats not really true, no matter how well you ride, your not going to hang on to the tail of a well ridden R6, CBR, ZX6 etc if they use their bike's capabilities you will get left behind.

I must be a better rider than I thought - other day my Boxeye caught (and lost) a CBR power ranger +FZ6 on twists and straights but for the love of god couldn't lose nor get caught by the ZX6. Think we all under estimate the carb Fazer.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 24 May 2016, 09:20:06 pm »
I was in this bike shop when this lad turns up on a GPZ500 and he starts telling me how he beat a 1000RX (this is awhile back) he wouldn't be told his 500 wasn't really capable of taking on the RX but he insisted his was the quicker bike. I left him after explaining he couldn't catch a well ridden RX on his piece of shit without the tail wind from a nuclear bomb......

A quicker bike will always beat a slower one given two riders with the same abilities, if you manage to pass a faster bike, its you not the fazer that beat them

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 25 May 2016, 09:43:51 pm »
I need to keep this thread going these bikes excite me.......probably as i am getting in jack shit worth of riding this year...........so if they arent great tourers that doesnt really bother me.

Get some more pics up Anutz, we need pics. :useless

I recall Punkstig saying he had an srad & it was supreme and he would have another.......but he just got another thundercat..........but anyway....are the early srad carb models the best ones to go for????
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 26 May 2016, 10:54:00 am »
I need to keep this thread going these bikes excite me.......probably as i am getting in jack shit worth of riding this year...........so if they arent great tourers that doesnt really bother me.

Get some more pics up Anutz, we need pics. :useless

I recall Punkstig saying he had an srad & it was supreme and he would have another.......but he just got another thundercat..........but anyway....are the early srad carb models the best ones to go for????

will get some up noggy, i would love to try and SRAD, they are supposed to be a lot of fun...mine is a K3, is it the same or not, or what different with an SRAD?

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16 June 2016, 10:13:16 pm »
thought i would add an update on here....as i had a strange issue tonight...

went out and the bike started dropping to low RPM's when cruising, very hesitant and not happy at all, sounded terrible, all muddled and boggy ( technical terms.. :lol ), and a distinct possibility of it stalling...

took it home, and disconnected the PCIII......had 2 affects...

been out for an hour and it not once faulted....and secondly its a totally different bike at low RPM....

I think the PCIII map i had on, must have been starving the low RPM, and boosting mid range, at least thats how its been feeling previously, it has been a little rough down low and then massive surges of power mid range and onwards to infinty, now with the PCIII off its been a very different ride, and its really surprised me.

i maybe should have not put one on so quick when i got it, withing a few weeks, as i had not yet got to grips with the bike or tried to push it etc, i think i have been missing out on how smooth and torqued the low end is.....yes not up there with other bikes i.e. 1000cc but since the PCIII has been removed, its different and i like it....will see if its robbed the mid range tommorow when i get out on some nicer roads.

anyway, still up and down on the 1000cc front, should i or should i not.....i want to try one but also not sure if i should just settle on this for a few years...i might paint it, after all the fender i did turned out well!

Anutz!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 17 June 2016, 08:52:39 pm »
I think staying with the 750 would be the best option, it doesn't owe you much so you can scratch around to your hearts content and if it all goes pete tong you would get most of your money back breaking it.

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 18 June 2016, 04:28:22 pm »
So, after a hundred miles or so today, removing the PC3 has stopped any of the engine issues i had and the change in behaviour at low RPM is fantastic, so very happy.

Not sure if i could have just left the PC3 on and messed with fuel maps but its off now and i don't miss it, the surges of power in the mid range are not as big, but thats actually no issue for me.

So i am wondering why you may fit a PC3, i just did it, well, i thought it would give the bike more power  :) , but most likely due to how mine was mapped, it changed where you have the power....

Will be trying to look at adjusting the rear shock and front forks soon as its all a little too firm....will add some pics also as i already am confused with the preload...

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 18 June 2016, 04:33:35 pm »
This is turning into an episode of This is Your Life :lol

What did you have for breakfast this morning? Was it any good? :lol

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 18 June 2016, 04:35:06 pm »
a crisp sandwich.....was awesome.....  :b

more to follow  :)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 18 June 2016, 04:38:35 pm »
cheese and onion?

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 18 June 2016, 04:58:30 pm »
Refit the PC3 and get it on the dyno and have a custom map made to suit the bike, well worth it, thats what I eventually did with my FZ1, made a great difference.

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 18 June 2016, 05:03:43 pm »
I was considering that, but then again, its really nice right now as it is, i would not want to loose the low down characteristics it appears to have right now, its perfect for how i ride.

Most likely will re-fit and then take it to be dyno'd with it connected and disconnected ( easy to clip and un-clip the connectors with if fitted ) , see if i can see that real difference and get a custom map as you say, would be nice to see what i think i feel behaviour wise in graphs etc

...His Dudeness....they were Salt and Vinegar, with some creme cheese!

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 18 June 2016, 05:25:34 pm »
trying to figure out the preload on this rear shock spring on my GSXR, from what i can tell there is NONE, there are no more threads higher up the shock so i assume its got no preload?

Unless i have totally mis-understood my shock, it does have a remote reservoir and i am trying to find a model number so i can locate a user guide etc

reason i am looking at this is the bikes very very firm so need to do something about it, its rideable but a pain in the backside on these roads we have, unless is a perfect road its annoying to some degree...

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 18 June 2016, 05:27:35 pm »
Brown or white bread?

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 18 June 2016, 05:28:21 pm »
...a baguette!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 18 June 2016, 05:28:48 pm »
toasted?

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 18 June 2016, 05:30:02 pm »

answer my shock question please...!  :'(

and no - not toasted, i don't have a baguette toaster...but i would buy one if they sold them

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 18 June 2016, 05:31:45 pm »
stick her under the grill next time nice and toasty

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 18 June 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

I had an early fi one, a motorbike journalist friend of mine declares the early carb ones to be the ones to go for!
I got a t'cat out of necessity as it is better for work than an SRAD, otherwise I'd have bought another srad without question- a shit load of bike for very little money!
Some say...

anutz

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600, GSXR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18 June 2016, 06:11:34 pm »
anyone got any ideas on this shock i linked to above, speaking to Sinto, we are wondering if its a spacer of some sort that is been used, you can see the pre-load collars that usually go up and down the threaded area appear to be doing nothing....

sounding like this may be a pain to sort i.e. need removing and then re-setting up...