Date: 04-06-24  Time: 18:57 pm

Author Topic: winter gloves  (Read 9200 times)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: winter gloves
« Reply #25 on: 15 October 2015, 01:18:12 am »

With fitting muffs, sometimes you've got to get a bit creative to get them to work.

I might have another fiddle then.
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 October 2015, 12:48:15 pm »
Barkbusters storm handguards
Rob

I look into this every year but for the fzs 600 handguars don't fit as they hit the fairing
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 October 2015, 11:12:24 pm »
Nothing says you're ready to buy a Moto Guzzi than fitting a pair of bar muffs  :rollin :rollin :rollin
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

S Baker

• Grumpy Grouch-o, cold and
    wet winter riding Foccer!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 October 2015, 10:00:35 pm »
As I get white finger easily, over the years Ive tried every kind of glove out there! Heated grips too (fine if you like hot palms and frozen fingers!) Last year, bit the bullit and bought a pair of these =http://gerbing.co.uk/g-12-heated-gloves.html
 Wish Id done it years ago-they are feckin brilliant! And come with a lifetime gaurantee too! Besy gloves you can buy, and not bulky, feel as soft as kid gloves!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 October 2015, 10:04:42 pm »
As I get white finger easily, over the years Ive tried every kind of glove out there! Heated grips too (fine if you like hot palms and frozen fingers!) Last year, bit the bullit and bought a pair of these =http://gerbing.co.uk/g-12-heated-gloves.html
 Wish Id done it years ago-they are feckin brilliant! And come with a lifetime gaurantee too! Besy gloves you can buy, and not bulky, feel as soft as kid gloves!

I looked at those but they dont seem to offer much protection in an "off". But I suppose that if you cannot feel your fingers then you may just increase your chances of an off

S Baker

• Grumpy Grouch-o, cold and
    wet winter riding Foccer!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 October 2015, 10:11:06 pm »
Dont fall off then!

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 October 2015, 10:25:02 pm »
I am ready for the winter now  :lol

Last week I've fallen victim of the fashion with cold fingers, not next week though...
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 October 2015, 06:46:04 pm »
ok went with spada enforcers.abit bulky but comfy

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 October 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

Good gloves fella - dry, warm - had a few pairs. Only thing that let them down was the same as all my other gloves over time.....VELCRO
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 October 2015, 09:50:13 am »
For the last 2 days I've put my Draggin jeans and summer Alpinestars on again but not tomorrow,  too cold for summer gloves. I can cope with the jeans as they are quite thick around the knees but my fingers were frozen.  I'm out the door by 5 so dark. Trying to keep the jeans on for as long as possible

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 October 2015, 01:43:36 pm »
Yay turned out lovely,  glad I've got the summer gloves on.

NotAnotherHill

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda Fireblade 900 RRV 1998
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2015, 09:00:34 am »
Definitely Oxford Muffs in winter. I fitted these to stop the wind blowing the muffs against the levers: works a treat. Heated grips and summer gloves are all you need.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorbike-7-8-Handle-Bar-Proguard-System-Pro-Brake-Clutch-Levers-Protect-Guards-/252117420868?var=&hash=item3ab35e8b44:m:mkOTL0WBLlqimARUjLeaUeg

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 December 2015, 12:27:56 pm »
Think what you buy is all dependant on how long and often you'll be riding over the winter months.

Most good quality waterproof gloves all work about the same e.g. they're waterproof and give or take a few minutes either way your hands will get cold roughly the same time which at anything below 10C* is about 20 minutes.  I used to ride all weathers everyday for a 35 min commute into/out of London, I've also done Euro rides to Germany one a month.  I tried everything including heated grips nothing really worked until I found these

https://gerbing.co.uk/products/12v-product-range/gloves.html?alias=heated-gloves

I had mine some years ago and they wasn't waterproof but it didn't matter as my hands stayed warm, I used them for a good few years without any problems.   
« Last Edit: 13 December 2015, 11:00:36 am by Gnasher »
Later

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 December 2015, 05:14:58 pm »
I've got a pair of gerbing heated gloves on e/bay at the moment ,they belong to my wife who no longer goes on the bike so if anyone wants them they're well worth a look.They're on at £45 to start under the name merc220phil.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 December 2015, 07:41:59 pm »
http://www.visordown.com/product-features/tested-sub-100-all-weather-gloves/21734-8.html

quote author=kitcrazy link=topic=18492.msg213603#msg213603 date=1445276764]
[/quote]

Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 December 2015, 08:38:17 pm »
It's not been that cold so far this winter but I put the Muffs on so I'm still using my A*star summer  gloves.  Although it has poured with rain my hands have stayed dry.
I've put some metal coat hanger inside the muffs to keep them away from the levers

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12 December 2015, 09:37:02 pm »
I know that I'm lucky in that I don't need to ride - but muffs do look shit ! and MASSIVE, surly they don't need to go up to your elbows !
I dont like the idea/ feeling of my hands "trapped" inside.
I wonder if I could get some and cut them down to almost a hand guard plus size. So a cross between muffs and guards. I just want something to keep the wind blast of my winter riding fingers, I'm not even looking for compleate protection but just a little extra to enable me to ride a little longer before I feel the need to grab those lovely hot potatoes that Yamaha call cam cover tops

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 December 2015, 03:16:07 am »
I know that I'm lucky in that I don't need to ride - but muffs do look shit ! and MASSIVE, surly they don't need to go up to your elbows !

I wonder if I could get some and cut them down to almost a hand guard plus size. So a cross between muffs and guards. I just want something to keep the wind blast of my winter riding fingers, I'm not even looking for compleate protection but just a little extra to enable me to ride a little longer before I feel the need to grab those lovely hot potatoes that Yamaha call cam cover tops

I have Halvarssons Primus leather mitten. It works fine with Halvarssons silk gloves liner. Can't compare with muffs for long rides, but for short rides 30-40 minutes they work fine.

http://www.motolegends.com/gloves/halvarssons-primus-mitten-black.html

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 December 2015, 10:47:34 am »
http://www.visordown.com/product-features/tested-sub-100-all-weather-gloves/21734-8.html

quote author=kitcrazy link=topic=18492.msg213603#msg213603 date=1445276764]

Was using the enforcers for years and totally disagree with their test results - the 3 or 4 pairs I had (velcro failed after each winter) but were warm and totally waterproof.

Fancied a change so opted for the Richa Cold Protect GTX - agree 100% with their review - best winter glove I've ever had.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 December 2015, 07:13:52 pm »
The picture makes the muffs look bigger than they are but I agree with all you say. I only use them for commuting and will take them off if I ride out with mates.  I will persevere with them though