Date: 01-06-24  Time: 17:45 pm

Author Topic: Second Fazer 1000 now gone :-(  (Read 1298 times)

clanadam

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Second Fazer 1000 now gone :-(
« on: 07 September 2015, 07:39:22 pm »
Well after 12 months of (mostly) enjoyable commuting on the trusty Fazer (especially after getting Mike's Full Monty wizardry) I've changed jobs and no longer "need" a second bike for commuting. I'm only 7 miles from the new job and it has plenty of car parking spaces and I sadly just couldn't justify keeping 2 bikes. The fazer would not have been used which isn't good for it. I was going to advertise it on here but I got talking to a guy at the bike shop the other day and he bought it straight away when he heard it was going to be for sale! He's got a cracker - only 15000 miles on it, full monty, R6 shock, Quill exhaust, heated grips etc!

Now that I've had 2 Fazers I wouldn't rule out getting a third at some point!

I've got some bits n bobs which I'll get advertised in the for sale section:
  • New unused Renthal 15 tooth front sprocket
  • Used 42 tooth rear sprocket (was on the bike when I bought it and I changed for a new standard 44 straight away!)
  • Used 44 tooth rear sprocket (still plenty of life left in it)
  • Standard rear shock + spring (14K miles on it)
  • Flip up clear screen
  • Standard grips
  • Standard exhaust
  • Haynes manual

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Second Fazer 1000 now gone :-(
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2015, 11:47:43 am »
Ach, Kenny - how could ye, maun?! :)

All those lovely mods - someone got a good deal, indeed.

Oh well, see you back here in another year or two ... ;)

Cheers, mate!

Mike

clanadam

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2015, 09:14:25 pm »
I know Mike but it's just the way things worked out with changing jobs etc. I must be honest I'll find winter commuting in the car a LOT nicer than the bike as I've done for the past 8 years! Maybe if Yamaha do a Fazer with the new R1 I'll be there first (would need to sell the blade as well though)!

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2015, 07:34:45 am »
I've just been in exactly the same situation. The second of my trusty Gen 1s has had very light use for the last couple of years since I stopped commuting all year, and don't go to the German Fazer bash any more. Sad to see her go (mine since 2008 ) but she wasn't getting used. I bought a street triple r and it suits my needs better now, and one of the guys on the Street forum snapped up the Fazer. I may have let it go a bit cheap having read a few threads on here recently but not by too much hopefully. Anyhow see you all around.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2015, 07:35:40 am by hotmetal »
__
There's no replacement for displacement