Date: 16-06-24  Time: 02:08 am

Author Topic: Ivanising tomorrow!  (Read 1321 times)

ste131

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Ivanising tomorrow!
« on: 01 August 2015, 08:50:27 pm »
Finally got the kit so tomorrow is blocked off for the work..
Any problems that I should be aware of?

shrekster

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1
    • View Profile
Re: Ivanising tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2015, 09:38:03 pm »
Not really, just take your time and be methodical . Using the small drill can be a worry but really it's pretty easy as is setting the float heights.
Good luck.
Jim.

ste131

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2015, 10:31:11 pm »
Cheers Jim! I hate using small drill bits though, would hate to snap it in the process. All the rest looks simple. Results to be seen!

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2015, 11:12:09 pm »
No problems but be sure to read the guides on Pat's Site thoroughly before you start.

Pull the EXUP cables and coolant hose clear of the frame behind the airbox to ensure you can get the latter far enough back to remove the carbs easily.

When you undo the clamps holding the rear carb rubbers to the airbox, push them back against the airbox and re-tighten before attempting to slide out the carbs.  It will stop them getting dragged and bent.

Put the small drill bit into the pin vise until no more than 1cm is showing.  Feel carefully when drilling and you'll notice the bit getting tighter to turn just before it breaks through.  Take care at this stage. ;)

If you've not altered float heights before, be sure to identify the correct position to hold the carbs to get the accurate reading.  It's covered on Pat's Site.

ste131

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2015, 04:39:48 pm »
All done! Was a pretty straight forward job. Only worry was drilling because I didn't know how thick the alloy was.
First thing I noticed when starting for the first time was how quick it fired up and how fast it now revs!
Test ride tomorrow!  :D

ste131

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2015, 08:35:53 pm »
Been out on the newly ivanised fazer. Its a different bike. Still has the 4k vibes but low down torque is better. Engine sounds louder and now spits flames at limiter!  :lol
Still not happy with the front end though. I have to go sloppy handed to ignore the choppy ride. It would be my perfect bike if I can sort them stupid front stupid forks  :'(