Date: 16-06-24  Time: 05:04 am

Author Topic: What has the budget ever done for us?  (Read 2060 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
What has the budget ever done for us?
« on: 08 July 2015, 02:41:44 pm »
This has just been announced:

◾New cars and motorbikes will not need MOTs for the first four years, rather than three

and more good news for tax payers, though not so good for some council tenants:

◾The government will also make local authority and housing association tenants in England who earn more than £30,000 - or £40,000 in London - pay up to the market rent, but rents in the social housing sector will be reduced by 1% a year for the next four years.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: What has the budget ever done for us?
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2015, 02:51:29 pm »
And they're scrapping Inheritance Tax on £1m homes to please the rich and cutting Working Tax Credit for struggling families to fund it.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2015, 02:56:06 pm »
Inheritance tax is always a pain to work out.

Nothing to do with £1M houses, it is £1M in the estate. Look at many people with an average house (£250-300K, add in some life insurance say £100K and a little bit of savings, not that I have any, say £25K) and you are over £400K in the estate already. All of that will be tax free.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2015, 10:24:29 pm »
Inheritance tax is always a pain to work out.

It was simple, 325,000 per person.  If married it is transferable, so becomes 650,000.

Nothing to do with £1M houses, it is £1M in the estate.

Why all this talk of property then?

"The Government will add a “family home allowance” worth £175,000 per person"

I'm not sure what it means.  Anyway best time to tax somebody is when they are deid.

The living wage sounds welcome - Tories trying to steal Labour's clothes again - until you look at it in detail and notice that all the tax credits etc are disappearing or being trimmed. 

Anyway foccing scum bag Tory bastards  :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2015, 10:33:23 pm »
Fuck me it seems that VNAhas hatched out from a new egg this year and was actually pretty close to not giving a shit.

Maybe its coz he is closer to the big deed

Anyhoo......i like VNA's parting shot.......yes they are a bunch o cnts..........im really qquite shocked they got in again.......probably due all the folks stabbing their own muckers in the back just to get favour and jump up the ladder......fuck family atmospheres lets all act like a complete bunch of giant animal testicles and clamber up that tree of worky worky managementy bullshit puree & tell everyone what we think they should do to get us further up that tree until we are jumping about like power tripped flying fucking squirrels :lol
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2015, 11:00:59 pm »
Anyhoo......i like VNA's parting shot.......yes they are a bunch o cnts..........im really qquite shocked they got in again.......probably due all the folks stabbing their own muckers in the back just to get favour and jump up the ladder......fuck family atmospheres lets all act like a complete bunch of giant animal testicles and clamber up that tree of worky worky managementy bullshit puree & tell everyone what we think they should do to get us further up that tree until we are jumping about like power tripped flying fucking squirrels :lol

Brilliant! I think you should have this in your party manifesto . . . I'll vote for you fella
Viva la foccin' revolution!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2015, 11:02:02 pm »
Sorry should have been in quote format!

Anyway, the only thing the budget has done for us is reinforce our hatred and distrust of politicians . . . Foc them all
« Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 11:05:10 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2015, 07:54:22 am »

fuck family atmospheres lets all act like a complete bunch of giant animal testicles and clamber up that tree of worky worky managementy bullshit puree & tell everyone what we think they should do to get us further up that tree until we are jumping about like power tripped flying fucking squirrels :lol
Loving this bit Noggy - I couldn't of constructed that statement if my life depended on it. With you...it just flows  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2015, 09:52:25 am »
There was a budget?  :\

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2015, 10:57:23 am »
the only reason that the tories got back in is because of the EU referendum and immigration .
labour just ignored what the general public wants..they know what is best for us ..
UKIP most folks didn't vote for them incase it help labour to get in .
who ever is in power they will never pleased every body.
personally I think they did the right thing in reducing benefits.
why should some of the lazy scroungers get more than the working man.
recently I read that a family of 19 or something like that were getting equivalent  of £40,000 in benefits and they still moaned its not enough.
you see them all at the job centre smoking yeah got no money etc.
I went on the dole in 2009. one guy was bragging to me that he was getting £120 a week and was sure that he was going to get a free TV if he ask them.
this wasn't English so what do you make of that eh.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2015, 08:52:04 pm »
Fuck me it seems that VNAhas hatched out from a new egg this year and was actually pretty close to not giving a shit.

Of course I give a shit.  George's budget has been nice to me, and his promises of future tax adjustments will also be good for me.  However I'm also aware that I've been paying a shit load of extra tax the last few years, umm thanks to the nice dude who is promising me future tax cuts.

the only reason that the tories got back in is because of the EU referendum and immigration .

I disagree.  And anyway they were forced to offer a referendum, one to hold their party together and two to keep UKIP at bay.

But they won for two reasons;

1. Labour did not back their leader.  If you don't back your leader and you lack discipline, you will generally get focced.  This was Labour's election to loose, and boy did they do a good job of that!

2.  They ran a brilliant campaign.  A risky one maybe, as some have said they put winning an election before keeping the UK together.  Their portrayal of the SNP was outrageous, but in terms just winning an election, that attack on the SNP, combined with the hysterical portrayal of an SNP/Labour coalition was brilliant.   Not to mention the promises of populist policies, such as scrapping the EU Human Rights Act which they knew they could not do, an other example of brilliant if cynical electioneering.

You have to remember that Tories believe they have a divine right to rule.  They exist to look after themselves and they will do what it takes to get in power and run the country as they please. 

Meanwhile whilst Labour contemplates what it is that they exist for, what they are supposed to stand for, the Tory party have noticed the great success the SNP have had with it's move to the left up here in Bonnie Scotland.

The Tories are stealing Labour's clothes, or so it appears.

What they are really doing, is saying we are the party of working people (without really giving you anything), and they will soon be portraying Labour as the party of the benefits spongers and those who cannae be bothered to get out there and find a job. 

You have to admire the Tories brazen tactics.

If they keep this up, they will increase their majority at the next general election. 

Though I'm far from convinced all this will play well in Scotland.  I think Scots will see it for what it is.  Scotland will be asking itself do we really want a second term Tory government...........................I don't think we do.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2015, 07:02:09 am »

You have to remember that Tories believe they have a divine right to rule.  They exist to look after themselves and they will do what it takes to get in power and run the country as they please. 

Meanwhile whilst Labour contemplates what it is that they exist for, what they are supposed to stand for, the Tory party have noticed the great success the SNP have had with it's move to the left up here in Bonnie Scotland.

The Tories are stealing Labour's clothes, or so it appears.

Couldn't agree more with you VNA. People aren't stupid, they vote tory because they believe they will prosper and keep or increase their wealth. It's true in the south property prices and salaries are higher and have been for a very very long time, creating inequality across our great nation. the tory 'one nation' idea that wealth trickles down to the deserving poor is nothing but a lie, human nature puts personal survival first. I really admire the sense of community that exists in Scotland and Northern England, now that you really can't put a price on.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2015, 01:56:04 pm »
Focced the Labour Party & SNP doomsayers--goin yerself George, they don't like it up em do they. :pc

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2015, 02:14:14 pm »
Looks like BBROWN1664 has been watching the "Life of Brian" again  :rollin

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2015, 02:36:57 pm »
So far... the Tories haven't done much to affect my life (that I have noticed)

The only real difference was the increase in the income tax thresholds meaning I end up with a little more money tax free... soo

But I'm in a totally different position to many on here; I work in a private company in the tech industry and I'm relatively young