Date: 15-06-24  Time: 21:15 pm

Author Topic: fzs600 rizoma parts  (Read 1005 times)

Kepha

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
fzs600 rizoma parts
« on: 04 May 2015, 10:00:44 pm »
Hey guys, I'm new to motorcycle maintenance and customisation so forgive me if this is a stupid question. Rizoma universal parts - would these fit the fzs600? Looking at parts like the rearsets, fluid tanks etc

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: fzs600 rizoma parts
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2015, 03:10:26 am »
The simple answer is anything can be made to fit, it's just how much fiddling it takes.

Best thing you can do is get as many dimensions of the parts as possible, for things like rearsets then make sure the securing bolts are the same distance apart, centre to centre, as on the fazer or you will need to make up plates to make up for the difference.

My experience of universal parts is that they are often not as universal as claimed or too compromised (so that they will fit everything) to actually do the job they are meant to do properly.

Can't speak for the rizoma parts though, have no experience of them. Having had a very quick google and look at their rearsets then the fzs600 doesn't appear to be on any of the drop lists as a bike they will fit so be very carefully before you buy anything.

All the best,

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.