Date: 01-06-24  Time: 17:58 pm

Author Topic: After blood, sweat and not quite tears....  (Read 1272 times)

Sannox

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
After blood, sweat and not quite tears....
« on: 04 May 2015, 01:09:50 am »
Taken some time over winter and finally ready for a shake down ride, 41,001 miles, 02 foxeye, this time around, new X ring gold chain and sprockets, along with the new 12mm front sprocket nut, always put that one, esp as the 9mm one fell off in France at 110mph! New gold sintered brake pads all round, oil and filter, coolant drained, flushed and new, new brake fluid, swing arm dropped out along with shock, all cleaned up, bearings checked out fine and regreased, K&N air filter, new stainless Fuel exhaust, new to me, 2nd hand off fleabay, digital gear indicator, respray and new decals, clear indicator lens's and orange bulbs, all over clean and polish.

Already got hugger, scottoiler, heated grips, double bubble screen, satnav bracket, double usb socket and 12v power socket fitted to front left plastics in fairing, 12v power socket under the seat, airhawk, new BT021.

To do, change fork oil to 15w, touch up engine paint on fins, this one came with black fins, in 2 minds on that one.

That'll do for now I think :-)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: After blood, sweat and not quite tears....
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2015, 08:14:08 am »
Looks great!  8)

Good work!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2015, 10:19:42 am »
Looking really good ! :lol

In your list of jobs I notice you changed brake pads. Did you do the brake seals/fluid?
One thing you might consider would be to replace the brake hoses for braided stainless-Hel(foccers discount available),Goodridge etc. Looks like yours are OEM which must be 13 years old now.
IMO the edges of the "fins" would look better as original but its all a matter of personal choice!
Enjoyed watching some of your you tube posts :lol

Sannox

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2015, 10:34:49 am »
Fluid yes, seals no, on the to do list, I want to replace the hoses as they are original, want the blue stainless but pricey, next year maybe :-) As for the fins, I had an 03 from new, the fins were black, seems to me there are variations, keeping this as it was when I got it :-)