Date: 15-06-24  Time: 19:14 pm

Author Topic: RELAY HANGING DOWN UNDER TANK  (Read 1862 times)

bredda_dave

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
RELAY HANGING DOWN UNDER TANK
« on: 03 May 2015, 10:52:41 am »
Hi fellas,

Just need some advice as I've only had my FZ6 for two weeks now. I found that some sort of relay is just hanging down freely under the tank while installing the hot grips. It lays on top of the throttle body on the left hand side and has a metal bracket so I'm pretty sure it should be bolted somewhere. Have a look at the pics and help me put the bugger where it belongs. Much appreciated!

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: RELAY HANGING DOWN UNDER TANK
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2015, 10:56:22 am »
Yes it should be bolted to somewhere? look for a hole that could be a clue, just filled my tank up to the top so can't swing it right up and might not be out soon as weather not good at the moment, you could look at the service manual for your bike in *downloads* might be a drawing there.

bredda_dave

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2015, 08:16:26 pm »
I've checked bloody everywhere mate, no idea where it should sit. It would really help if someone could lift their tank up and have a look...
Thanks is advance

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2015, 11:58:05 pm »
It's a bit late to start lifting tanks tonight, but can you tell me what colour the wires are going into it as they're not clear on the pics.

bredda_dave

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2015, 07:39:45 pm »
Sorry for a late response mate, had some tough time with the FZ6. It popped an ER_3 error message last week and Ive not been able to start it since. Its back at the dealers now..

Anyway I found a better pic of the relay and cables

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2015, 02:25:15 pm »
Still not looked under my tank as at the moment I have to fill up on the way home as no fuel stations on the run out for 30 miles, plus my bike isn't the same model. Looking at the wirering diagram doesn't help much the only relay that I think it might be is Air Induction System solenoid but the only 2 wires listed are Br/red and R/W? and it doesn't say where it is.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2015, 01:04:19 am »
Ok, I'm still not sure what it is, but looking at the bracket it's attached to, it seems to be one of the ones that shares the same bolt with the battery restrainer and goes above the battery itself when properly mounted.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2015, 06:58:26 pm »
Well I've had a good look under my tank and can't find one of those, so can't help you?