Date: 20-05-24  Time: 19:27 pm

Author Topic: FZ6 refurb  (Read 1551 times)

Boris

• DAS Born Again
  • Been known to talk bollocks!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZ6S - 04, XJR 1200 - 97
    • View Profile
FZ6 refurb
« on: 22 September 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
Whilst convalescing the last month or so I've been busy bringing back to life a very neglected 2003 FZ6. 11K on the clock. Only done 1000 miles in the last 5 years.
Plan was to refurbish the FZ6 to replace my FZs 600 written off 3 months ago :'(. Unfortunately 4 days after the 600 biting the tarmac I was rushed into hospital to have a heart by pass :eek. As to be expected, I've done bugger all riding this summer. My FZs 1000 has been stuck in the garage with a sheet over it. Didn't even test ride the FZ6, thought sod it, price ain't too bad, let's give it a go.
However as we all know, with any project bike, once the strip down commences along comes the unexpected bit and pieces which will eat into your pocket and proposed time schedule.
Plus the great one started to notice the amount of ebay parcels arriving at our door. And comments would come forth along the lines of "I thought you were just going to change the oil and give it a clean up"
I could have used it as a work hack, but I believed there was a better bike ready to come out with a bit of tlc and elbow grease.
Heck things all round could have been a lot worse.
Hope to give it its first ride to the last WsM bike night this Thursday.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2014, 11:27:36 pm by Boris »

Paul Myrus

• Cager in Training
  • If Carlsberg made Bikes......
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • soundshapesrecordings.
Re: FZ6 refurb
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2014, 07:02:56 pm »
Beautiful Bike! add ons look great  :D  Sorry to hear about your ticker, many years off driving pleasure ahead of you! 

Barasimasam

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - Bike
    • View Profile
Re: FZ6 refurb
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2014, 08:11:05 am »
What is this thing I never had before.