Date: 29-05-24  Time: 06:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

29 May 2024, 06:49:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Members
  • Total Members: 7,335
  • Latest: 1w9
Stats
  • Total Posts: 325,876
  • Total Topics: 27,807
  • Online today: 681
  • Online ever: 1,160
  • (21 May 2024, 01:50:44 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 419
Total: 586
Unknown spider (136)
Unknown robot (21)
Google (3)
Bing (7)

419 Guests, 0 Users (167 Spiders)
Unknown spider (136), Unknown robot (21), Google (3), Bing (7)

Author Topic: Fz6 Track days  (Read 1992 times)

Paul Myrus

• Cager in Training
  • If Carlsberg made Bikes......
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • soundshapesrecordings.
Fz6 Track days
« on: 12 September 2014, 08:57:45 pm »
Hey all, Never took my Fz6s year 2000, to a track, I'm in the market for a foxeye'd 2002 or 03, Has anyone taking one of these girls to the track ? and if so how did she perform. With money aside I could afford a later model Fzs 2004 to .... Has anyone an opinion on which handled better ?, If I was to get a foxeye'd model I would ohlin front and back k&n filter and many more mod's (even though at standard their amazing bike anyway as we all know!)
Not that I would be taking to track every week or even month, would just be nice to hear some feedback. :)
Cheers folks.

Stupid Luke

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM Superduke R
    • View Profile
Re: Fz6 Track days
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2014, 09:25:15 pm »
Surely by the time you have bought the bike and spent fucktons of money upgrading the suspension etc you would have been better off just buying a sportsbike in the first place. You can get an early R1 / Gsxr 1000 for little more than 2k I cant see your ohlins FZs troubling them much.

The last trackbike I had was an 04 ZX636 B1h (Cat D) with a rattle can painted fibreglass fairing. I paid 1400 quid and used it for 20 or so trackdays. I spent a couple of hundred quid on oil and filter service, new front pads and fork and shock refresh when I first go it. Then did 20 odd trackdays spending nothing but tyres on it. When I found I wasnt doing as many trackdays I sold it for 1500 quid to a frenchman who drove over with a trailer, paid cash and took it away.

I had a couple of newish road bikes at the time also but either of them would have cost me a lot more than 100 quid if I had lobbed it up the track.

Paul Myrus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • soundshapesrecordings.
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2014, 10:15:04 pm »
Cheers Luke, I have owned a gixer 750, I know what you mean about the cost of track days an wear an tear, My point was how the later fzs models handle to the earlier fz6, I don't mind spending money on upgrades to a foxeye'd model, because I wouldn't bother getting another bike, Im 37 been riding for 20 years nearly, and to be honest the fazer was the best bike I ever owned  :)  Ive seen some great upgraded older bikes on the street and in here, so that was original plan to change her out over the coming years, I much prefer the thundercat engine. Was wondering how these foxeye'd preformed when pushed at track days, how do they compare to say an 07 fzs.
Thanks for your feedback man :) 

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2014, 10:39:16 pm »
Cheers Luke, I have owned a gixer 750, I know what you mean about the cost of track days an wear an tear, My point was how the later fzs models handle to the earlier fz6, I don't mind spending money on upgrades to a foxeye'd model, because I wouldn't bother getting another bike, Im 37 been riding for 20 years nearly, and to be honest the fazer was the best bike I ever owned  :)  Ive seen some great upgraded older bikes on the street and in here, so that was original plan to change her out over the coming years, I much prefer the thundercat engine. Was wondering how these foxeye'd preformed when pushed at track days, how do they compare to say an 07 fzs.
Thanks for your feedback man :)

You're getting a bit confused here mate - all the bikes are FZS600s, until the fuel injected R6 engine based FZ6.

Anyways, the foxeye won't handle any better than an earlier boxeye, they use exactly the same suspension, so aside from being a couple years newer (and as they're both getting on a bit, that won't make a difference) you won't notice!
« Last Edit: 12 September 2014, 10:39:56 pm by JoeRock »

Paul Myrus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • soundshapesrecordings.
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2014, 11:07:52 pm »
My bad, Fazer 02/03 vs post 03 r6 detuned engine.

Handling. I had no bother with my 2000 model at all with handling an corners, power, etc
Any folks who've owned both, Which was your preferred for more sports handling?.  The 04.. and on are beautiful bike's like its predecessor. So model look's wouldn't affect my purchase
Swaying toward the older models cause I know what they can do,
any thoughts,?  :) [size=78%] [/size]

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2014, 09:15:45 am »
I can only comment on some limited experience, I've had 5 or 6 FZS600's , but recently borrowed a 2004 FZ6 for a day

I have to say that suspension wise the FZ6 in standard form was a far better ride than the FZs600, obviously age may play a factor in this, but the FZ6 felt a lot more substantial on the road, didn't pogo half as much as my older bikes and gave me more confidence in the corners as it coped far better with the bumps etc

Only my experience and obviously subject to a lot of factors but the Fz6 is high up on my list for when I go back to a road bike again, especially now good ones can be had for sub 2k

Jonesy

Paul Myrus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • soundshapesrecordings.
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2014, 07:19:53 pm »
Cheers Jonesy!,  :)