Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:43 pm

Author Topic: Modding advice  (Read 1706 times)

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Modding advice
« on: 11 September 2014, 09:22:48 am »
Hi  can I pick your brains a little, as most of you have previously seen my Gen 1 is naked and looking like the bike i want it to be, however there are a couple more things i would like to do  :b :b

1) ditch exup..... so what header options are out there without having to go to holeshot? any 2nd hand options from anyone etc??

2) What mods are needed to be able to put after market clocks on? original are  a bit in your face lol

Or is it like trade secrets between modders so people dont copy??  8) 8) 8)

Cheers

Keith
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Modding advice
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2014, 10:29:49 am »
I've get set sandy headers no exup and koso for clocks
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2014, 11:41:01 am »
R1 clocks can be made to work as well.

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2014, 11:55:36 am »
Cheers for reply, no mod needed for the koso?? but have heard bad things about Sandy headers  flat spots etc
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2014, 12:24:49 pm »
All non exup pipes will have a flat spot it just how much of one and we're in the Rev range
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2014, 12:50:40 pm »
Hi  can I pick your brains a little, as most of you have previously seen my Gen 1 is naked and looking like the bike i want it to be, however there are a couple more things i would like to do  :b :b

1) ditch exup..... so what header options are out there without having to go to holeshot? any 2nd hand options from anyone etc??

2) What mods are needed to be able to put after market clocks on? original are  a bit in your face lol

Or is it like trade secrets between modders so people dont copy??  8) 8) 8)

Cheers

Keith

Why do you want rid of the Exup mate? Any other pipes you put on, even the top end racing ones like Akrapovic etc, if they're made right and jetted to suit won't have a flat spot, and they will give you more power, but at the top of the revs. You'll lose the low down grunt the exup provides, and I'd have thought on a naked bikes you'd be after low down grunt more than a screaming top end?

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2014, 02:02:04 pm »
not after screaming top end  :) just want weight saving and cleaner lines on bike, with it being naked and the type of riding i do I know the exup will probably be better

but

it needs servicing, as i dont think its ever been done,  the bolts are shagged to get into it lol and i think the cables are fooked as they dont tighten, so option one 1 .. get rid buy expensive headers job done....option 2 ... spend fortune and shit loads of time and effort servicing (even if i can get to it) then renewing cables and still have this to do every year

its been ivanised, i have the ign advancer ready and am removing AIS, a small flat spot and losing a bit of grunt wont bother me as I never thrash it nevr wheelie and ride mostly in a mixed sex group going to rallies or days out.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2014, 02:15:11 pm »
as I never thrash it nevr wheelie and ride mostly in a mixed sex group going to rallies or days out.

Sound's like you need to buy a Vespa.  :lol

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2014, 02:17:13 pm »
nope 50 yrs old been on bikes 35 years been there done that threw it down the road wrote of 3 bikes and survived all this time, few aches and pains for my troubles, now just enjoy the ride the bike and the company

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2014, 02:23:35 pm »
Just  :pokefun fella.  :thumbup

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2014, 02:41:44 pm »
 :moon :moon :moon :moon :rollin :rollin