Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:56 pm

Author Topic: New arrival  (Read 2148 times)

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
New arrival
« on: 06 June 2014, 01:08:44 am »
Hello to the FZ6 corner of the forum.. Ah well the black boxeye went to its more than happy new owner and had been gettin an 05 Black FZ6.. Deal fell thru so picked up this other 2005 bike.. Inner cowls removed in pic as waiting on a new battery (what a palaver it is the battery bein up front and tank not clearin the fairing  :rolleyes ).. The joys of underseat exhausts I guess :)
« Last Edit: 06 June 2014, 01:09:30 am by johna6968 »
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it..

ukdiceman

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: New arrival
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2014, 11:32:36 am »
Very nice, I sometimes wish I'd gone for a silver frame/engine one, my black always seems to look grubby!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2014, 12:49:28 pm »
Very nice, I sometimes wish I'd gone for a silver frame/engine one, my black always seems to look grubby!
y
With engine cold and clean cover wheels and spray the engine with WD40 and leave it over night. Nice shiny black engine in the morning start and drive away any residue will burn off and engine will be shiny until next cleaning.

ukdiceman

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2014, 12:53:35 pm »
y
With engine cold and clean cover wheels and spray the engine with WD40 and leave it over night. Nice shiny black engine in the morning start and drive away any residue will burn off and engine will be shiny until next cleaning.

Top tip thanks, I'll try that.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2014, 06:53:54 pm »
Inner cowls removed in pic as waiting on a new battery (what a palaver it is the battery bein up front and tank not clearin the fairing  :rolleyes ).. The joys of underseat exhausts I guess :)

Lift the seat, undo the bolt at the rear of the tank and take it out.

Then undo the two bolts at the front of the tank and you can slide it back to lift it without removing the inner fairings :thumbup

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2014, 08:45:34 pm »
Inner cowls removed in pic as waiting on a new battery (what a palaver it is the battery bein up front and tank not clearin the fairing  :rolleyes ).. The joys of underseat exhausts I guess :)

Lift the seat, undo the bolt at the rear of the tank and take it out.

Then undo the two bolts at the front of the tank and you can slide it back to lift it without removing the inner fairings :thumbup

Thanks for the heads up  :thumbup .... Jus seems an afterthought tho as the rear bolt was obviously designed to be a hinge..  :rolleyes

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2014, 08:53:53 pm »
Hey I'm always up for a deal if you're struck on the silver frame thing  :lol
« Last Edit: 07 June 2014, 08:54:48 pm by johna6968 »