Date: 01-06-24  Time: 12:06 pm

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 2501 times)

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: 04 May 2014, 01:42:38 pm »
Thought I better post a wee intro..... I ride an 02 Fazer600 and am enjoying this wee bike a lot.
Pix I dunno how to get them on here  but the wee bike n me are on u tube,I can't do links either but if interested type. Chas 2014.

I ride out with some quick lads and am happy enough arriving when they are all half way through their tea..chips whatever.
I am , ahem,cough splutter  a mere 57 years young and enjoy riding out at mainly permissible speeds when on public roads and enjoy the craic with other bikers as we all have the greatest stories to relate.
It would be cool to ride out with some other fazers  sometime.
 Enough bout me, now I am gonnnae enjoy surfin through this site :D Willie

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2014, 01:59:28 pm »
Welcome to the mad house willie. Where abouts are you hailing from buddy?

You can attach pictures to a post by using the attach option :)

Ooohhh. A yellow one, that's your problem right there, you need a faster colour :lol

« Last Edit: 04 May 2014, 02:04:02 pm by mickvp »

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2014, 04:28:09 pm »
Yellow is the colour ok......right now she is yellow and mud as Sunday had to see a wee run over the Dukes pass.

I live near Stirling and have some great biking roads to hand,the pass is not for scratching now as there is far to much loose chips on the road...yikes ,who ah....".kinda stuff all over the place but the scenery up there is great to bimble through whatever the weather, the cove for a cuppa tomorrow then back to work Tuesday

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
Hey Willie welcome in.

We already have a slimwilly but he aint scottish.....& he aint slim either :b .

I never heard of dukes pass before, someone recently joined up from Alloa, ill be in Glenrothes in June plus Mick and a couple others could be up for a bimble about so maybe this dukes pass could be on the agenda.

Cheers

Nog.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2014, 04:43:16 pm »
Nog, the dukes pass is a must mate! Goes round the back of Aberfoyle up towards calendar/crianlarich etc.

Willy, I'm from Dumbarton myself, so not a million miles away :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2014, 04:50:05 pm »
Nog, the dukes pass is a must mate! Goes round the back of Aberfoyle up towards calendar/crianlarich etc.

Willy, I'm from Dumbarton myself, so not a million miles away :)

Ah i see, i usually go crainlarich but on the main route....this dukes pass sounds cool...even if it requires slower speeds.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2014, 04:51:19 pm »
It probably won't when your here mate, it just takes a while for the road to clear up a bit. In the summer it's usually a really nice road for a rideout. Try and fit it into your trip if you can! :)

Adeejaysdelight ground off his hero blobs on it last year and posted up about it, gives u an idea of the fun waiting :)
« Last Edit: 04 May 2014, 04:52:31 pm by mickvp »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2014, 05:05:43 pm »
It probably won't when your here mate, it just takes a while for the road to clear up a bit. In the summer it's usually a really nice road for a rideout. Try and fit it into your trip if you can! :)

Adeejaysdelight ground off his hero blobs on it last year and posted up about it, gives u an idea of the fun waiting :)

I am a hero.....mini moto riders look up to me :lol .....i've yet to even scrape a peg on the 600....only my boots....but i want that tick in the box.

Yep sounds like a plan. 8)

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2014, 05:19:56 pm »
The way I think on the pass is to mentally compare Olivers  Mount to the Nurburgring and although the speeds on the Mount are way slower the adrenalin pumps no less than over by............on the subject of local roads giving it welly to the green welly at Tyndrum is a well tramped route hereabouts but be aware that the roads enforcement peoples are well on it also :D
Seriously though the pass has a lot of gravel and loose chipping
S on it at the minute so be extra careful there .

When you lads are touring here it would be good to tag along if that is ok?  Willie

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2014, 05:23:05 pm »
Sounds like a plan to me Willy :)

Me and you can bimble along at the back and let the lunatics have at it :lol

onejay

• Weekend Warrior
  • full monty,BMW S1000RR rear shock
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2014, 10:46:08 pm »
Hi

im also a newbie here

welcome
West Coast Chillin

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2014, 03:24:40 pm »
The way I think on the pass is to mentally compare Olivers  Mount to the Nurburgring and although the speeds on the Mount are way slower the adrenalin pumps no less than over by............on the subject of local roads giving it welly to the green welly at Tyndrum is a well tramped route hereabouts but be aware that the roads enforcement peoples are well on it also :D
Seriously though the pass has a lot of gravel and loose chipping
S on it at the minute so be extra careful there .

When you lads are touring here it would be good to tag along if that is ok?  Willie

Hey Willie, last year the law were up there.....just when we turned off at green welly to go to Oban then everyone was flashing us.....they were hidden just down a bit by a clump of trees.

Then on the way back we just passed the green welly.....there was a guy riding a black shaft driven Honda....dressed top to toe in black & riding a bit too smooth if you catch my drift.........then not far from him was the traffic car.....anyway we smelled something fishy & took it easy we soon broke off when they went towards Stirling way.

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2014, 05:40:23 pm »
Hi Nog,  Oban is a braw run too,we tend to go up  the main drag through Callander  and Lochearnhead  then by the Green Welly and through the pass of Glencoe and just before the bridge hook off via Port Appin round to Oban coming back Taynuilt Dalmally and down the Loch Lomond side to Balloch them home. That is a nice medium distance run on our doorstep.
Today we visited Bikers Cove and just chilled out there for a couple of hours,it is a half hour or so from me

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2014, 10:00:19 pm »
Oh hello Willie ! :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2014, 10:09:57 pm »
Hello Slimwilly and thanks all for the welcome,this is a cracking site and I am enjoying reading the stuff about Fazers

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2014, 12:11:51 am »
Hi Willie, I was in Oban 2 weeks ago, stopped at the green welly stop on the way through. Lovely scenery up there.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2014, 12:12:37 am by Doddsie »

Geordie073

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2014, 06:04:08 am »
Welcome Willie, I'm from Kilmarnock and we get up your way as much as possible. I've just had a hip replacement and I'm looking forward to getting back out on the bike again soon.

Willie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2014, 06:59:22 am »
Hi , I bet you can't wait to get back out on the bike again,maybe see you on the road sometime ,willie