Author Topic: Oops!  (Read 15971 times)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Oops!
« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2014, 06:05:34 am »
Tough luck Nick, i suppose we all get over excited now and then.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 April 2014, 08:00:28 am »
Nick, follow this thread and you can veiw your speeding photo

http://www.i-database.co.uk/
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2014, 09:04:26 am »
30mph over is ban territory whatever the road. Some lucky foccers (including one on here) have managed to get 6 points and a fine instead of a ban at 32mph over but at the end of the day its down to the magistrate on the day. In Wales they hate the English and they hate bikes so chances are it will be a ban but you may be able to make is a very short ban (28 days??) if you plead poverty and the impact it will have on others. Just because you will need to do a 6 hours commute each way to work including a 2 hour walk to the nearest bus stop isn't enough. It needs to be others impacted by your ban. Like your elderly great great grandmother mother who needs to be taken to aqua aerobics by you etc.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 April 2014, 09:09:19 am »
cant you tel them that christo nicked your bike nick?...and it couldnt have been you has you was turkey hurding with me on  that day? ;) ....ile back you up matey!! :D ....

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 April 2014, 09:10:16 am »
When is your insurance due?  If it's after the tour you shouldn't need to pay extra for insurance. Whatever happens you only get the increase in your insurance when you renew, until that point your current insurance is valid, I think.
That's what happened with my NCD after writing off the old bike.  My loss of 2 years only kicks in when I renew, I transfered my current insurance to the new bike with the insurance as it was.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10 April 2014, 09:18:30 am »
What about the 10% for speedos and stuff though?

Surely you could argue that you were possibly only doing  81.9mph????....which is obviously still speeding but not so severe.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 April 2014, 09:19:29 am »
Them there Welsh and Scottish if they want devolvement or what ever what about, ok your speeding was in Wales and so you are getting a driving ban IN WALES fair?.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

t140

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - T140W
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 April 2014, 09:31:37 am »
got stopped last Sunday, 78 in a 60 by an unmarked beemer the ticket says 3 points and £100, 20 days to pay up.
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 April 2014, 09:52:04 am »
What about the 10% for speedos and stuff though?

Surely you could argue that you were possibly only doing  81.9mph????....which is obviously still speeding but not so severe.
That one doesn't really wash noggy, the measuring devices are calibrated frequently, and if they're out of true, they don't get used.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 April 2014, 09:58:26 am »
Appreciate that Stevie, the Radar doesnt really lie

But could they give Nick the benefit of the doubt that his speedo may have been reading up to 10% less than what his actual speed was though?

Or is it worse to imply then that you knew you were speeding, even if your speedo said less.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 April 2014, 10:46:13 am »
I think admitting to doing 82 in a 60 is probably worse than than being ignorant of doing 91...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 April 2014, 10:53:04 am »
I think admitting to doing 82 in a 60 is probably worse than than being ignorant of doing 91...

Id agree, but then you never know.....as it is careless to not know your speed

Theres no easy way out i suppose

& me personally i'd accept it & hope for the best.....could go either way.

My mate up north on the other hand......well getting cought doing 125 in a 60 & trying to escape the police M5........well he's focced!!! :groan

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 April 2014, 11:27:59 am »
I don't think there's any wriggle room here. Falsely claiming hardship - well wouldn't they check? Surely if they didn't, everyone would be doing it. My infirm father does rely on me for certain running around, so perhaps I'll mention that, but even then...
I've decided to send off the notice without delay, as the worst thing is having it hanging over my head not knowing. Once I know what I'm getting for it, then I can deal with it.
I don't suppose you get the option of a court more local to home? Not hopeful about that even.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 April 2014, 11:41:37 am »
But could they give Nick the benefit of the doubt that his speedo may have been reading up to 10% less than what his actual speed was though?
It doesn't work like that.  To meet type approval a speedo may over read by up to 10% but cannot under read by any amount.  So what your speedo shows will always be up to 10% faster than you are really travelling at, never less.  So to be doing an actual 91 mph, I suspect the speedo would have been reading nearer the ton.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #39 on: 10 April 2014, 11:44:42 am »
up to 10% less than what his actual speed was though?

Wrong way Noggy. If your speedo is under reading, it is illegal. It can allow you to think you are going faster than you are but not slower.

If Nicks speedo was out by 10%, it would have been reading 100mph at a true 91mph. Makes it worse, not better.

APCO used to allow speed limit + 10% + 2mp before they did anyone. Wales ignore that but if they didn't, anyone doing less than 68mph in a 60mph limit would not be done. 91mph is still above that.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10 April 2014, 11:48:28 am »
I don't suppose you get the option of a court more local to home? Not hopeful about that even.
Nope, case must be heard in the court for the area where the offence took place.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10 April 2014, 11:59:53 am »
So with speedo not to read under, why is it not an MOT test ever - would they go out after time
« Last Edit: 10 April 2014, 05:59:36 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10 April 2014, 12:04:15 pm »

Oh well Nick chin up eh...in the lap of the gods now.

Has reinforced my need to stay around 80 ish & why im trying to find a new bike that is less top end heavy......plus no fairing so that doing 90 is pretty uncomfortable anyway.

But it is all too easy during overtakes especially to get to these speeds...even if only briefly.

Fingers, toes & yamaha tuning forks crossed for you though.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 April 2014, 12:27:48 pm »
Noggy, that's why my friend does so many green laning now.  He can have fun on his bike and not worry about getting caught.  So easy to get caught on the road nowadays :-(  He's a lucky so and so, has 2 road bikes and 3 off road..blooming greedy if you ask me!  LOL
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10 April 2014, 12:35:31 pm »
Unlucky Nick, I hope it doesn't happen but if it does do a little dance and keep smiling. It wouldn't be forever, and as for the insurance... well there's a guy round my way who has ridden a c90 all over the world and had amazing adventures doing it, just a matter of a positive attitude and making the best of what you got.

Andy

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 10 April 2014, 05:22:33 pm »
I got nicked at roadside, being caught out via speed gun, 74mph on a 40mph road, and got 3 points and £60 fine.

Then got caught again IN THE SAME SPOT 4 years later, 3 points and £60 fine as well.  :o

It's the only road i refuse to go over 38mph on now.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 April 2014, 06:06:44 pm »
That was lucky darrsi, how long ago was that? I've got away with all kinds of nonsense in the past, but they're a lot tighter with it all these days.

I went past a cop car on the M11 at 130mph on my turbo many years ago, then tried to do a runner - cop caught up with me on a slip road, just got a ticking off!  :eek

Of course I'm not so irresponsible these days, license wouldn't survive 5 minutes if you tried that kind of thing now. If it's a ban this time, ok, I can live with that, it won't be forever - just very unfortunate timing for me right now.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 April 2014, 06:22:54 pm »
the welsh hate the English and bikes.???????? lol ,get a grip man I got better things to do with my time than hate the English, I ride a bike and the missus is English, so I must be a sick bastard, :lol saying that I belive there is an old welsh law that permits the hanging of speeding yellow fazers.  :eek
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 April 2014, 06:26:00 pm »
Ha, I'm safe then - it's yellow, black and white  :lol
Anyway, I doubt they've a gallows big enough to get the bike on  ;)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 April 2014, 06:55:07 pm »
That was lucky darrsi, how long ago was that? I've got away with all kinds of nonsense in the past, but they're a lot tighter with it all these days.

I went past a cop car on the M11 at 130mph on my turbo many years ago, then tried to do a runner - cop caught up with me on a slip road, just got a ticking off!  :eek

Of course I'm not so irresponsible these days, license wouldn't survive 5 minutes if you tried that kind of thing now. If it's a ban this time, ok, I can live with that, it won't be forever - just very unfortunate timing for me right now.

Blimey, just checked and the 2nd one was August 2010, doesn't time fly!!
50mph in a 40mph that time.
I won't forget that one as firstly the policewoman was stunning who questioned me, even if she was a bit overzealous in her ways but i also had a yellow bike jacket on at the time and as i stood by their car waiting for them to write me a ticket some fella crossed the road and asked me what i would do about some bloke taking photo's of his house? :photo :lol
« Last Edit: 10 April 2014, 06:55:59 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.