Date: 15-06-24  Time: 21:18 pm

Author Topic: nitron track shock  (Read 5035 times)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
nitron track shock
« on: 06 March 2014, 10:16:52 pm »
Can nitron shocks be serviced or overhauled by nitron?
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: nitron track shock
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2014, 08:17:30 am »
I believe they can Nick....check with Wullie at Dynotech

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2014, 11:01:35 am »
Good idea ;)

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2014, 11:21:57 am »
Yes!

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2014, 03:57:32 pm »
Did you gat your fazer set up at dynotech, as i was chatting to wullie the other day and we were discussing ivans kits. He said he had set up a fazer 1000 and mentioned the linear power it produced.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2014, 08:01:19 am »
Did you gat your fazer set up at dynotech, as i was chatting to wullie the other day and we were discussing ivans kits. He said he had set up a fazer 1000 and mentioned the linear power it produced.

Yes, Wullie and Martin have done all the work on my Fazer, servicing, Nitron shock, valve clearance, tyres mot etc. they are good guys and you get a laugh out them too
« Last Edit: 08 March 2014, 08:03:54 am by bigbluebear »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2014, 11:57:19 am »
It must have been your bike they were talking about ;) . How do you find the nitron shock? Is it the road or track model?

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2014, 06:24:44 pm »
It was my bike, Nitron Sport road shock,  and it sure makes a difference, I also put racetech fork springs in and jacked the back up too. I've just fitted Hel lines and Brembo master cylinder.....all done at Dynotech Ecosse

lewiseyers

• CBT Wobbler
  • as cunning as a ......cunning thing
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2014, 08:42:35 pm »
is that the 2 way shock £500 jobbie, of the 1way cheaper one

im about to buy on soon my self .... looking at the 2 way
just getting in to European touring, first trip 4 days belguim germany france with the mrs may 12 2014

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2014, 08:52:41 pm »
is that the 2 way shock £500 jobbie, of the 1way cheaper one

im about to buy on soon my self .... looking at the 2 way

the Nitron "street" shock, is 2 way adjustable through 1 adjuster (compression/rebound) and also preload (and ride height?).

the "Sport" is also 2 way adjustable through 1 adjuster for compression and rebound, and also preload (and ride height?).

the "track" is 2 way adjustable, but has independant adjusters for compression and rebound, and also preload (and ride height?). It also has an external reservoir for the gas, which reduces fade on track.

the "race" is 3 way adjustable (independantly) and also has an independant reservoir.

and the "race pro" is basically a "race" with the hydraulic preload added on, and a bigger piston to reduce fade more.

Thats what I make of it from reading the Nitron site anyway :)

http://www.nitron.co.uk/products/bike

lewiseyers

• CBT Wobbler
  • as cunning as a ......cunning thing
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - none
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2014, 07:58:34 pm »
im looking at buying the £500 track shock very soon, but ive found very little reviews on them, im gonna keep the box etc and resell it when i get rid of the bike,

the standard shock is dire and well past its sell buy date, im adding the 190/55 tyre to when i change the shock as my rear tyres shot too, i recently did a fast group at brands and did well but was lacking grip when exiting corners,,

would love to hear from nitron users both good and bad reviews
just getting in to European touring, first trip 4 days belguim germany france with the mrs may 12 2014

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2014, 09:32:03 pm »
I have the Nitron Track shock on my Gen1 and I really rate it, obviously the difference between the knackered old OEM shock and the Nitron was night and day, I instantly went from 10mm chicken strips to none at all - purely down to the extra confidence and feel the shock gave me. When I ordered the shock I gave them my weight, riding style and pillion requirements and after a decent amount of testing found that the shock was set up nigh on perfect, I just had to tweak the compression damping by a click or two presumably because I had shorter dog bones and used up all the height adjustment to put more weight on the front and so less on the rear.

Having said that this is my first aftermarket shock so I can't compare it to the competition and when I emailed about servicing costs and timescales I got no response back (I'll probably end up phoning).

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

the Nitron "street" shock, is 2 way adjustable through 1 adjuster (compression/rebound) and also preload (and ride height?).
the "Sport" is also 2 way adjustable through 1 adjuster for compression and rebound, and also preload (and ride height?).
the "track" is 2 way adjustable, but has independant adjusters for compression and rebound, and also preload (and ride height?). It also has an external reservoir for the gas, which reduces fade on track.
the "race" is 3 way adjustable (independantly) and also has an independant reservoir.
and the "race pro" is basically a "race" with the hydraulic preload added on, and a bigger piston to reduce fade more.
Thats what I make of it from reading the Nitron site anyway :)
http://www.nitron.co.uk/products/bike

All these shocks have preload adjustment
The Street is the only one in the range that does not appear to have ride height (shock length) adjustment.
Neither the Street or Sport have independently adjustable damping (2-way), they have a single adjuster that affects both compression and rebound damping simultaneously.
From the Track upwards all shocks feature a remote reservoir and independently adjustable damping.

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2014, 10:14:18 pm »
Gen 2 owners:
I fitted a Penske racing shock in 2007, a top quality item & was very pleased with it & used it for 3 years. It needed servicing so I tried an R1 triple clicker with a Satans adaptor. It felt just as good as the very expensive Penske & at less than £200 allin it was a bargain. I didn't bother with the Penske after that. Probably a similar scenario to the R6 shock mod for the gen1
Dek