Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:09 pm

Author Topic: Motad downpipes & collector  (Read 1198 times)

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Motad downpipes & collector
« on: 02 January 2014, 11:14:52 pm »
Just bought some of these recently (& snapped a stud getting the old ones off but that's another story...). If anyone's fitted them before, can you remember if you needed a new gasket for the silencer (standard one)? I only ask cause it's a very tight fit with the old, compressed one still in there. I can't really see how a new one would fit & don't want to make unnecessary purchase. If I do need one, which is recommended? Also, what size are the nuts on the 2 bolts that hang the exhaust? Would have been nice if Motad could have dropped some in the box!

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Motad downpipes & collector
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2014, 11:31:43 am »
Has anyone fitted a set of these before?

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2014, 12:00:34 pm »
If you have a good tight fit between the collector box outlet pipe and your silencer pipe with the existing gasket in place- then fine.
For bolt sizes/part nos have a look at the Yamaha online parts catalogue. If you need a replacement gasket-I have a new one here-internal diameter 45mm external dia 50mm-this is the one to fit the standard OE Yamaha silencer/pipe. PM me if required Dave

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2014, 01:53:48 pm »
Cheers Dave,

Plan is to put the old exhaust back on, take it to a workshop to get the stud extracted, then ask them to fit new exhaust to ride home. Just wanted to make sure all the parts are ready first (would have done it myself except for the broken stud). Couldn't find the nuts in the parts catalogue - as they are already attached to the OE exhaust I assume they are not listed separately (although I couldn't see the bolts either). Hopefully workshop will have some that fit.

Will get back to you if any problems with the old gasket, thanks for the offer.

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2014, 02:11:50 pm »
Further to above, just noticed Motad did in fact provide an 8mm nut for the collector bracket! Should really check properly before posting...

thunderpantz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2014, 08:11:33 pm »
How did you solve your issue of the snapped stud?