Date: 15-06-24  Time: 22:44 pm

Author Topic: Where have you toured?  (Read 4043 times)

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Where have you toured?
« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2013, 08:06:16 pm »

Not worked in a while due to medical problems, hence my rush to get my touring bucket list done.

Time is ticking for my riding days so Im getting as much done as soon as possible. It was supposed to be my retirement doing all this but my body had different ideas  :rolleyes

Sorry to hear that, but good for you to get on with the touring now, some amazing memories.
You never know what tomorrow will bring, so live for the day.

I did an organised tour to Morocco this year, not my usual way of doing things, but I didnt have much spare time. There was an German/American 65+ year old who booked onto the trip at the last minute. He had Parkinsons and wasn't sure if he should have booked on, he didn't mention it until the 2nd night and said it would be his last ever trip. The 2 guides we had were great with him, they said they would pick him up and put him on the bike every day if thats what it needed. Quite moving. 
That, despite the medicine, and old age did explain his forgetting to do his helmet up and a few other things though. Once he set off on the wrong side of the road and a truck coming the other had to swerve to avoid him!
'What can you do?' the guide said, shaking his head. Make sure he took the VIP insurance package I replied.

Do you take your own bikes on all these trips, or buy when you get there? The bike looks the same in India/'stans trip, but you've mention Cambodia elsewhere.

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2013, 10:24:09 pm »
I take my own, buy or rent.
Whichever is cheapest  :)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 December 2013, 12:09:35 am »
Ely is supposed to be wonderful. I've only been there the once as it's where i was born. Not been since. It was a few years back but must be a hell of a place.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 December 2013, 02:00:31 pm »
Touring .. Hummm .. now let me think .. touring:

England
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
Isle of Man
Isle of White
France
Andora
Spain
Majorca
Portugal
Germany
Holland
Luxembourg
Italy
Malta
Gozo
Australia
USA
Tahiti 
St Lucia
and .. er .. Liverpool  :(

I had to miss the Outer Hebredes run this year due to urgent hospitalisation .. lost all the bloomin ferry fees £$€!  :\   So that one is still on the Bucket List  :b

Photo below taken in Australia .. way out in The Bush about 125 miles from the nearest town.  As you see, we hired an old Hardly Dangerous to do a 2.500 mile loop and oh yes .. it did let us down big time!  Eventually got 'rescued' and had it sorted same day (Lower engine re-build amazing service!) and completed the trip safely  8) .

Stay Safe Y'all  ;)   Trev