Date: 14-06-24  Time: 17:37 pm

Author Topic: Wheel Paint???  (Read 1804 times)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
Wheel Paint???
« on: 16 December 2013, 10:00:19 pm »
Hi Guys, is there a special black wheel paint for me 99 boxeye or is it just matt black??

Thanks  Buck

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Paint???
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2013, 08:49:22 am »
I would've thought either satin or gloss black, but there are no rules, use whatever takes your fancy!  :)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2013, 09:55:25 am »
I've used smootrite (from an aerosol) and its worked pretty well. Same as the engine!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2013, 10:33:00 am »
It's definitely not matt anyway. I'd try touching it up with satin black

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2013, 10:49:39 am »
It has bugged me for ages when cleaning and polishing the spokes are mat and only look nice and black when they are wet and the rims are gloss black, the spokes are a sort of rough cast and the rims smooth
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2013, 12:09:58 pm »
When the weather is more sensible and i give the bike a good clean i use black Colour Magic Liquid Turtle Wax on the wheels, it puts a bit of life back into them. 

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2013, 01:37:30 pm »
When the weather is more sensible and i give the bike a good clean i use black Colour Magic Liquid Turtle Wax on the wheels, it puts a bit of life back into them.

You've got a potion for everything darrsi :lol  I hope that bike appreciates all the time you put into it

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2013, 01:43:24 pm »

You've got a potion for everything darrsi :lol  I hope that bike appreciates all the time you put into it

Ha ha  :lol

Pointless in this bloody weather though, plus it's not far away from salting the roads time as well.  :(

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2013, 01:50:31 pm »
Yeah there's not much you can do just wash it evey now and then to keep the rust away

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2013, 02:09:50 pm »
Pointless in this bloody weather though, plus it's not far away from salting the roads time as well.  :(

Not sure where you've been riding, but the A316, M3 etc. has been covered with salt for the past two weeks. At least yesterday's heavy rain has cleared the horrible stuff away for the moment.
Having just had new tyres and learnt that the inner surface of the rims is badly corroded, I'd recommend application of Turtle Wax (or whatever) as deep towards the bead as you can get it. I'm going to have to get hold of some replacement wheels, or be off the road while mine are refurbished.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2013, 03:39:31 pm »
Hi Guys , thanks for your replies and it looks like satin black is the way to go,

Cheers and Happy Xmas to you all,  Buck

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2013, 04:45:51 pm »

Not sure where you've been riding, but the A316, M3 etc. has been covered with salt for the past two weeks. At least yesterday's heavy rain has cleared the horrible stuff away for the moment.
Having just had new tyres and learnt that the inner surface of the rims is badly corroded, I'd recommend application of Turtle Wax (or whatever) as deep towards the bead as you can get it. I'm going to have to get hold of some replacement wheels, or be off the road while mine are refurbished.

No, not noticed any salt at all on the roads around my way at all yet.

What i have noticed is since i fitted the front fenda extenda i can really hear any dirt picked up by the tyre that hits it, so i'd imagine that salt will make a right old racket!

Weather's meant to be very lively tomorrow by the way.  :thumbdown