Date: 23-06-24  Time: 03:23 am

Author Topic: Foccers take on Grasstrackers  (Read 2113 times)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Foccers take on Grasstrackers
« on: 19 November 2013, 08:54:01 pm »
On 30th November at Buckmore Park a team of three foccers; Mel Kitcrazy, Steeeve66, Myself, plus a friend I did National Sprint Racing with will be racing to steel the glory from 35 other kart teams, mostly Grasstrack racers. It's all for a good cause and spectators and support is welcomed. The 2 hour endurance race starts at 6:15pm.

Having raced grasstrack and karts I know the on the track action and competition will be pretty brutal with no quarter given. So if you've got nothing on why not come along and cheer us on.
The team was called Kosmic Karters but has since been changed by the organiser to Cosmic Farters.  :moon

Details are here.
https://www.facebook.com/events/691408780876398/758812597469349/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Cheers
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Re: Foccers take on Grasstrackers
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2013, 10:56:47 pm »
Sounds like a blast I may just make that to give you some gas, beans pending  ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Brief race report.
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2013, 03:17:34 pm »
One of the most violent outings I've had in a go kart ever lol.... Just what I expected. Some nice tussles with a bit of argy bargy thrown in.

Starting positions were decided by blind lottery. Our team put over £40 in the bag and started about 28th out of 36th so I hate to think how much was put in for pole position. We finished in about 32nd (someone walked away with our time sheets so can't give any times) which wasn't bad considering we had a stop go for contact, many spins, and my spectacular spin backwards into the pit line entry just coming in too hot for the driver change.

I think the only time we were on the leader board was briefly during qualifying and maybe on lap one into the race after a monumental pile up into turn 1, and another at the 2nd hairpin, which I managed to pick my way through. I think we might have even got into the top ten. This was short lived as I was also involved in some argy bargy.

Marcin, Kitcrazy and Steeve66 drove well in what was a very unpredictable kart. Next year no drivers over 15 stone.  :lol

The only prizes that night was last call in the raffle which bagged me three of the finest note books a man could wish for. Marcin won a tee shirt and Steeve gave up after the large plasma TV and the holiday in Austria went.

In all a cracking evening.

« Last Edit: 01 December 2013, 03:29:35 pm by Kosmic Kartman »
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2013, 05:29:00 pm »
Glad you had a good one - no piccies?

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2013, 07:29:18 pm »
Glad you had a good one - no piccies?

No doubt there'll be some youtube footage appearing some time.

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2013, 04:55:19 pm »
in case anyone is interested... Kosmic, Mel Kit and I didn't win... by quite a margin...
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2013, 07:10:59 pm »
 :useless

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2013, 07:30:59 pm »
Here's some pics.

Haven't got any from Saturday's rumble and bump so here's some old ones while you wait.

There were a few drivers with helmet cams but I haven't seen any links yet. When I do I'll post them.

« Last Edit: 05 December 2013, 12:55:50 am by Kosmic Kartman »

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Brief race report.
« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2013, 10:43:46 pm »
One of the most violent outings I've had in a go kart ever lol.... Just what I expected. Some nice tussles with a bit of argy bargy thrown in.

Starting positions were decided by blind lottery. Our team put over £40 in the bag and started about 28th out of 36th so I hate to think how much was put in for pole position. We finished in about 32nd (someone walked away with our time sheets so can't give any times) which wasn't bad considering we had a stop go for contact, many spins, and my spectacular spin backwards into the pit line entry just coming in too hot for the driver change.

I think the only time we were on the leader board was briefly during qualifying and maybe on lap one into the race after a monumental pile up into turn 1, and another at the 2nd hairpin, which I managed to pick my way through. I think we might have even got into the top ten. This was short lived as I was also involved in some argy bargy.

Marcin, Kitcrazy and Steeve66 drove well in what was a very unpredictable kart. Next year no drivers over 15 stone.  :lol

The only prizes that night was last call in the raffle which bagged me three of the finest note books a man could wish for. Marcin won a tee shirt and Steeve gave up after the large plasma TV and the holiday in Austria went.

In all a cracking evening.

Big of you to own up to your attempt to reverse in to the pit lane, and then head in to the fuel stop lane... Great night out though, will def do it again. Can't believe how brutal it was - some seriously tough racing
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Re: Lap times from Buckmore
« Reply #9 on: 04 December 2013, 07:25:52 pm »
Ok here are the lap times from Buckmore Park. Can't believe we finish 14 laps down.  :eek

And their are some pretty hot lap times on that leader board.  :rolleyes

« Last Edit: 04 December 2013, 08:20:58 pm by Kosmic Kartman »

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 December 2013, 10:46:28 pm »
Looks like my dream of becoming a F1 is over lool :rollin

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 December 2013, 11:17:28 pm »
..still, only 14 laps down. Could have been worse. Kinda.  :'(

Steven Wright