Date: 01-06-24  Time: 14:31 pm

Author Topic: Can I put an R1 rear wheel on my fazer with no alterations  (Read 2849 times)

alleywatson

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Can I put an R1 rear wheel on my fazer with no alterations
« on: 10 November 2013, 02:10:27 am »
Hi all. I need another tyre for the fazer so had a look around at the prices and deals online
And worked out  that I could get another wheel and tyre for about £130-180
The reason I wanted another wheel is I plan to repaint my wheels a different color but can't take time off work to
Take em to the paint shop etc. so that's the plan kill two birds and all. So anyway I managed to find on eBay
An R1 wheel n tyre complete with disc n sprocket so my question is will it fit. Advert below...

Rear wheel and really good tyre ,Disc and sprocket . straight wheel really good paint. The tyre is like new id say 90% tread left {diablo corsa 190 50 17} Disc is straight and sprocket is still left on, usable condition.The wheels off a 2000 5jj model but sure it will fit most of the models , please check first though.
check out my other listings as whole bike being dismantled
uk mainland postage only.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Can I put an R1 rear wheel on my fazer with no alterations
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2013, 07:05:45 am »
Simple answer, no. 

It can be made to fit but it requires mods to the brake caliper mount, rear disc and so on.  It's not a straight swap and the rim sizes are different, too.

The front wheel from early model R1s is the same as the Fazer, though.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2013, 10:11:50 am »
where do you live? I have a spare set with tyres ans discs you could borrow for a few days whilst getting yours done. I am going to get mine carbon hydrographics later.

I live near liverpool btw

alleywatson

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2013, 10:29:02 pm »
That's very kind of you for the offer,  :D  but i'll have to decline i'm in Leeds but i was wanting to have a spare set like you have, I've just heard from an email from Yamaha that an XJR 1300 wheel from  2007-2010 will fit, i'm on the hunt :)

Thanks again