Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:57 pm

Author Topic: engine bars  (Read 1081 times)

expatmanxman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
engine bars
« on: 30 October 2013, 08:29:35 pm »
Well I'm back in the foccer fold, had a fox eye and 2 FZ6s in the past but moved away to bigger (but not necessarily better) things. Have just bought a pristine S2 FZ6, white with red tank stripe, loud pipes  :) and going to do both track days and moto gymkhanas with it. Need to put some engine bars on it because I have no doubt it will end up on its side at some point, hopefully on a moto g day and not a track day. Anybody got any experience with any particular make?

clanadam

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: engine bars
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2013, 02:02:03 pm »
I've only got mushies on mine so can't comment on engine bars but I'd imagine you need to be careful with ground clearance for track days  - or on moto gymkhanas. When I had my Fazer 1000 I was warned about the centre stand digging in on a track day - need to be pushing pretty damn hard tho!

fazedballer

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Re: engine bars
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2013, 07:48:57 am »
I have engine bars on my fazer 6 2001 model and they have saved it many times ....and there a nice foot rest on long journeys too!! But as in regards to track days im not sure as to weather they would effect ground clearnce so that would be one to check before purchase .... And i dont think mine are a specific brand.... if there are the name is well hidden ha!!