Date: 01-06-24  Time: 17:58 pm

Author Topic: Which of These Jackets Would You Have & Why - Any Others???  (Read 10572 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Which of These Jackets Would You Have & Why - Any Others???
« on: 28 October 2013, 09:35:19 am »
Hiya fellas,

Finding myself a bit flush at moment and have money to take to NEC for new jacket 'n' trousers.

Struggling between the 2 below. Currently have a Furygan and love the style. Has been warm as toast in winter and cool in summer. Just looking at options......

Furygan which has the D30 gel armour all over it [size=78%]http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/96707[/size]

Orrrthe legendary Rukka as link [/size][size=78%]http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/rukka-mark-gore-tex-jacket/3631#description[/size]

Any opinions (or other recommendations) welcommed

Cheers
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Which of These Jackets Would You Have & Why - Any Others???
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2013, 05:32:28 pm »
Well i have an opinion,,what nice jackets, both of them,,are they actually waterproof?

I guess as you say they will be warm, i love full leathers,  i think this spring, you know the long cold one, i wore cheaper versions ,jacket and trousers(textile) over my leathers, keeps the wind out.

If you can get something of that quality for £100 £150 , bite their arm off
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2013, 08:10:35 am »

Well i have an opinion,,what nice jackets, both of them - :rollin Cheers for that Slim....great help  :lol

Yup.....both waterproof - the Rukka will probably still be better than the Furygan in a few years time.

Any other thoughts?

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2013, 09:19:49 am »
I love my Furygan Leathers and if it was practical I'd wear them in the winter with a one piece waterproof over the top. However, I've never found that works well, the inside of the waterproofs gets wet with sweat and some days it's never quite warm enough. By the time the proper cold weather sets in I revert to good textile stuff.
 I like the Rukka, the cutaway at the front hem is a great idea because it stops the jacket bunching up when you are sat on the bike. Having said that, a shorty jacket is never as warm as a full design.
 I 've recently bought an Oxford Stockholm jacket, so far it's very comfy and has room for the usual layers I wear to keep warm (I always ditch the lining that comes with jackets) The neck is especially well designed and completely draughtproof with no velcro or fussy poppers to mess around with. Hopefully the jacket is waterproof! I've managed to dodge the rain so far.

http://www.ghostbikes.com/products/9391-oxford-stockholm-motorcycle-jacket.html?gclid=CLqgqJTau7oCFe7HtAod3lYA0w

For troos, I use these, they are comfy and feel good quality, but like every other trouser I've used in the last 35 years they always leak around the crotch in downpours, fine for most of the time though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Australian-Bikers-Gear-Waterproof-Motorcycle/dp/B006JW60XY/ref=pd_sim_ap_1

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2013, 10:22:01 am »
Same here for the Australian Bikers Gear - ruined my 1st set in an off which were perfect and didn't leak. "Identical" replacements have a complete PVC liner so you sweat buckets, 3rd pair as say, leak at the crutch....don't know why but it's always over my right chudd!! One warm chudd, t'other freezing"...weird feeling!.

Bit of a poser so only a bomber/waist jacket will do, can't bear anything longer - always warm as toast in a shorty with liner and micro fleece.

Sounds like you're of the same opinion as me. Love the Furygan styling but admire the Rukka!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2013, 10:32:56 am »
Both nice jackets, I ordered a furygan titan and loved it but found that the zip and neck protection dug into my throat while riding so put it back and got a weise psycho jacket, it's much lighter, totally waterproof and a much better fit for me... also quite a lot cheaper. Worth looking at.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 October 2013, 10:53:42 am »
rukka is very expensive but is meant to be the dogs, lad I worked with got ruckka  jckt & trsrs after a payoff on a smidsy................said it was the best kit he'd ever owned. If I had the money then I'd go for the rukka
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 October 2013, 10:58:43 am »
Weise Hornet Jacket getting some good reviews if you're into hi viz
fire never sleeps

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 October 2013, 12:43:27 pm »
Both nice jackets, I ordered a furygan titan and loved it but found that the zip and neck protection dug into my throat while riding so put it back and got a weise psycho jacket, it's much lighter, totally waterproof and a much better fit for me... also quite a lot cheaper. Worth looking at.

Chris

Good shout Chris - like the jacket and it's going for £125  :eek . Leaves me some money towards some new boots.

Its a serious contender....do you know if Furygan make a stick on name for the chest and a white Puma for the back, shoulders and sleves???

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 October 2013, 01:47:50 pm »
Neither, Halvarssons or Lindstrands as good as Rukka but much cheaper

http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/products.php?lang=2&cid=4

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-clothing/halvarssons-lindstrands-motorcycle-clothing/halvarssons-motorcycle-clothing.html

I have had a Halvarssons Jacket for about 8 years and its been through loads of downpours and never leaked a drop. Has a wick away type liner and loads of vents for hot days.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 October 2013, 02:06:43 pm »
No worries, I find the psycho very comfortable and the removable liner is great, I've only just needed to put it in now as the jacket on its own has been fine until this time of year. The matching trousers get good reviews so might be worth looking at but I didn't need them at the time.

Haha, not sure about the furygan patches but sure you could get some made up...

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 October 2013, 02:27:17 pm »
Neither, Halvarssons or Lindstrands as good as Rukka but much cheaper

http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/products.php?lang=2&cid=4

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-clothing/halvarssons-lindstrands-motorcycle-clothing/halvarssons-motorcycle-clothing.html

I have had a Halvarssons Jacket for about 8 years and its been through loads of downpours and never leaked a drop. Has a wick away type liner and loads of vents for hot days.

Some cracking jackets there fella - now got a Top 5/6 jackets to think about! Good call!

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2013, 03:02:20 am »
Best bet is to go and try some on, then you can find the best fit for your body shape/arm length etc. Also make sure it has a properly closing collar (around your neck size) otherwise it doesn't matter how waterproof the jacket is if the water can get in around there. Oh and take your gloves with you to make sure the cuffs fit (over or under gloves depending on your preference). More important than the name on the jacket.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 October 2013, 08:10:49 am »
Rukka without any doubt, I swear by them.
The entry level stuff is very good, but the next level up is amazing!

If you do go for the rukka make sure you photo copy the receipt and keep both somewhere safe.
With the 5 year warranty the receipt will fade over that time.
Customer service is superb- any issues in those 5 years and you are given a loan jacket/trousers whilst your item is sent off to either be repaired or replaced!
Some say...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 October 2013, 07:12:26 pm »
Had a Rukka jacket years ago.  Was a special end of line half price offer.

Lasted me about ten years before the goretex liner failed and it just became a bit of a sponge after that.  Very good cut they fit well, very comfortable.

But yeah if you can get one for a good price go for it. 

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 October 2013, 07:29:58 pm »

Furygan which has the D30 gel armour all over it [size=78%]http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/96707[/size]

MCN 18/10/2013 reckoned that jacket wasn't waterproof, any longer that 1/2 hour and it lets water in.

I've got a Halvarssons 2 piece suit which is great, except the material behind the zip in the trousers isnt waterproof and that lets the water in after an hour or so. Too hot with the lining in on a summer day.
So I have now gone back to using my Furygan 2 piece leathers which I bought in 2004. I've just replaced the zip in the jacket and the connecting zip with the trousers as the teeth wore out. So they will be good for a few more years.
The textiles will be used in winter when its cold as they are draught free and warm.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 October 2013, 07:55:23 pm »
Between those two, I think the Rukka is definitely the one to go for.

I have a Spidi Ergo suit, the quality is up there with Rukka and am pleased with it so would recommend it also