Date: 16-06-24  Time: 18:39 pm

Author Topic: who has the oldest fzs600  (Read 17367 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: who has the oldest fzs600
« Reply #50 on: 05 October 2013, 06:35:54 pm »
Go back to your origional post and modify to put in rules that state. Oldest with most origional parts, so I can win. And also make it clear that the winner does NOT get a towbar

good thinking FAZERSHARP.....just been looking at your bike and i can see a number of non standard parts,mine has only 2.....mines a bit newer than yours but if i add the points up....i think iam the winner  :lol :lol :lol

............of a towbar  :rollin
....there was no way that paul was giving up that fkn towbar!!...him and that hunk a junk"..are now one!!...next thing we,l see is a silver thou" pulling a caravan :\ ...i think this competition was...FIXED! :rolleyes ...oh and nick?...paul also says we got ...girly yellow bikes :eek

Yeah, but he was probably dribbling as he said it - besides, that one of his that was red, I noticed has faded to a lovely shade of pink  ;)

thats the piccies .......shes blood red in real life   :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 October 2013, 06:42:44 pm »
My Fazer is registered 6/5/98 - but as  about the only original part is the frame I'm out of the running!
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05 October 2013, 06:49:15 pm »
Go back to your origional post and modify to put in rules that state. Oldest with most origional parts, so I can win. And also make it clear that the winner does NOT get a towbar

good thinking FAZERSHARP.....just been looking at your bike and i can see a number of non standard parts,mine has only 2.....mines a bit newer than yours but if i add the points up....i think iam the winner  :lol :lol :lol

............of a towbar  :rollin
....there was no way that paul was giving up that fkn towbar!!...him and that hunk a junk"..are now one!!...next thing we,l see is a silver thou" pulling a caravan :\ ...i think this competition was...FIXED! :rolleyes ...oh and nick?...paul also says we got ...girly yellow bikes :eek

Yeah, but he was probably dribbling as he said it - besides, that one of his that was red, I noticed has faded to a lovely shade of pink  ;)

thats the piccies .......shes blood red in real life   :)
....i cant believe you still on same batt after 12yrs...thats amazing!!...it isnt a yellow one by any chance is it? ;)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 October 2013, 07:00:19 pm »
...if my memorys correct your on your second.............iam still winning  :lol
Ah, well... third actually... but the second was a pup I had to give up with after just 10k so perhaps that doesn't count.
I was sad at junking the first motor, but it needed a rebore, new pistons and the gearbox sorting. It would have taken me ages and cost far more than a replacement... fortunately there are public-spirited folks around who wreck their bikes leaving perfectly good engines going for a song. :lol
Yep, if the prize is ChristoT's tarmac plough, then I don't think anyone will quibble about you winning. :rollin
« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 07:06:54 pm by Fazerider »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 October 2013, 07:03:41 pm »

Yours has only 2 non-original parts eh? So what exactly was all that swapping of parts you did to clear the stutter?!!

"Well, I, er, that is, but, erm........."  :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 October 2013, 07:14:27 pm »

Yours has only 2 non-original parts eh? So what exactly was all that swapping of parts you did to clear the stutter?!!

"Well, I, er, that is, but, erm........."  :rollin
....a quote from judge judy crisp there foccers?...summing up the case for the prosecution 8) ...red98 as got himself in a tight spot here"...without a towbar to pull himself out of :b

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 October 2013, 07:31:59 pm »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh........yep , another tight spot....all original parts are now back on the bike...honest  :rolleyes ......execpt the regulator........so,non original parts ...........tyres
                                                                   oil
                                                                   oil filter
                                                                   air filter
                                                                   chain
                                                                   sprockets
                                                                   rear caliper
                                                                   regulator
                                                                   speedo sensor
                                                                   fuel filter
                                                                   spark plugs
                                                                   some of the valve clearence shims,approx 5
                                                                   brake pads

ok a bit more than 2..........27  :eek ...sounds a lot, but i think thats pretty good  :D [size=78%]  [/size]

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 October 2013, 07:40:30 pm »
That'll weed out those who spend more time polishing than riding. :pokefun
You got me sussed!!
I to am running on the origional battery
And I only have two non origional parts -Braided front lines and DB screen and I still have the orig screen.the engine bars and hugger (still got orig chain gaurd ) although not origional are not replacements as such  (like triggs broom) but are an addition so dont count, I am also not including break pads and oil and tyres as they have been changed. Oh and spark plugs
Still on origional air filter but have a new one ready to fit.
Although I have had it for 12 years my years owned x milage coverd is low as to date its only on 16k -- how about a new one "lowest milage"
« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 07:45:38 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 October 2013, 07:50:10 pm »
You got me sussed!!
And I only have two non origional parts -Braided front lines and DB screen and I still have the orig screen.the engine bars and hugger (still got orig chain gaurd ) although not origional are not replacements as such  (like triggs broom) but are an addition so dont count, I am also not including break pads and oil and tyres as they have been changed. Oh and spark plugs
Still on origional air filter but have a new one ready to fit.
Although I have had it for 12 years my years owned x milage coverd is low as to date its only on 16k -- how about a new one "lowest milage"

ok...been looking at your bike again...another list......grips
                                                                                    tax disc holder
                                                                                    grab handle ?
                                                                                    wheel rim tape
                                                                                    crash bars
                                                                                    brake lines

that must make at least 33,if you have a three line set-up on the front thats another 2 to add  :lol .......mines just about on 40,000 miles.........................think iam still winning  :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 October 2013, 07:52:18 pm »
You got me sussed!!
Still on origional air filter but have a new one ready to fit
...well at least youve been honest fazersharp ;) ....looks like poor old" red will now be banished to the bandit forum for porkies> :b ...he has confessed to the fraud"..but as asked for the other 25 porkies to be taken into consideration :rolleyes ....its now left to judge crisp to pass sentence lets just hope he,s not to lenient  :evil

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 05 October 2013, 07:57:16 pm »
JUDGE CRISP  :eek :eek :eek ..........another judge not fit for the job.....the bloke has a yellow thou  :lol .........can i add hugger to the list,i forgot  :o ........got the original,never been used,thats worth an extra point  ;)   

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05 October 2013, 08:05:03 pm »
I hereby sentence you to permanent ownership of a TOWBAR, which must be fitted to the RED bike at all times, whilst carrying a sheep called DOLLY on the pillion seat. Though what the foc any of this has to do with owning the oldest bike is beyond me  :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 05 October 2013, 08:15:08 pm »
I hereby sentence you to permanent ownership of a TOWBAR, which must be fitted to the RED bike at all times, whilst carrying a sheep called DOLLY on the pillion seat. Though what the foc any of this has to do with owning the oldest bike is beyond me  :lol
....well a little bit suprised there judge judy"...think youve let him off very lightly!!..would have thought youd have made him have a respray at least!!......and whats dolly got to do with owning the oldest bike? :b :rolleyes

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05 October 2013, 08:19:48 pm »
....well a little bit suprised there judge judy"...think youve let him off very lightly!!..would have thought youd have made him have a respray at least!!......and whats dolly got to do with owning the oldest bike? :b :rolleyes
Yep, way too lenient.
Crafty sod didn't 'fess up to the generator/pickup coil assembly either. :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05 October 2013, 08:20:49 pm »
No point in respraying a red bike - it'll still be slow red at heart. Mediocrity is a very difficult trait to alter...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05 October 2013, 08:23:55 pm »
Ooooh sheep you say !!
Read again I said I too still have the taken off chain gaurd and screen
I said brake lines for which there are two as I whent for a double banjo
I also said crash bars
Tax disc and wheel rim tape come under items added and not replaced
And CHUFFING well spotted they are replacment grips (i thought no one would notice----piss ) the origionals for sme reason gave me vibration white finger. that was very early on though when I must of been holding on for dear life! 
« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 08:24:29 pm by fazersharp »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05 October 2013, 08:25:01 pm »
dont know anyone called dolly  :rolleyes .........ah yes :o   another one to add to the list....pick-up coil...i do still have the original though  :lol ......thanks for the reminder FAZERIDER.....you coming on lofos ride tomorrow,meeting just west of oxford on the A40 see events  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05 October 2013, 08:27:02 pm »
Ooooh sheep you say !!
Read again I said I too still have the taken off chain gaurd and screen
I said brake lines for which there are two as I whent for a double banjo
I also said crash bars
Tax disc and wheel rim tape come under items added and not replaced
And CHUFFING well spotted they are replacment grips (i thought no one would notice----piss ) the origionals for sme reason gave me vibration white finger. that was very early on though when I must of been holding on for dear life!

yep.i too have trouble with me fingers,originals on the 600 but oxford grippy grips on the thou,seem to do the job  :lol ...am i still winning  :D

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05 October 2013, 08:50:18 pm »

...am i still winning  :D

If you ride your 600 on Lofo tomorrow, it might improve your chances.... ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 05 October 2013, 09:16:27 pm »
And grab handle was removed (still have it) as I think it looks better without it - dont carry pillions as they would spoil me ride. And dolly will just have to put her sweet little hooves around my waist and squeeze if she wants a ride.
Rim tape !!! having a laugh now and comes under additions and not replacements

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 05 October 2013, 11:07:21 pm »
dont know anyone called dolly  :rolleyes .........ah yes :o   another one to add to the list....pick-up coil...i do still have the original though  :lol ......thanks for the reminder FAZERIDER.....you coming on lofos ride tomorrow,meeting just west of oxford on the A40 see events  ;)

Nah… aside from being an unsociable git the journey would be too far for me in my current state. I pinched a nerve in my shoulder in the middle of August, was unable to ride at all for a month and it still gives me gyp if I ride for more than an hour. :'(

Have a great day though... hope everyone keeps it shiny side up. :thumbup

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 06 October 2013, 08:42:42 am »

Nah… aside from being an unsociable git the journey would be too far for me in my current state. I pinched a nerve in my shoulder in the middle of August, was unable to ride at all for a month and it still gives me gyp if I ride for more than an hour. :'(

ouch...sorry to hear that FAZERIDER....is that an original nerve or has it been replaced with an "after market point deducting" one  :lol ........hope your back to normal soon matey  ;)
« Last Edit: 06 October 2013, 08:43:33 am by red98 »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 06 October 2013, 09:12:47 am »

....nasty that fazerider?....i did the same last year and it took months to get right!!...rest is the only solution!! ;) ......

ouch...sorry to hear that FAZERIDER....is that an original nerve or has it been replaced with an "after market point deducting" one  :lol ........hope your back to normal soon matey  ;)
....hi, paul..looks like your the winner then?..by default!!....when you fitting the towbar then? :lol :lol :lol

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 06 October 2013, 04:10:21 pm »
....nasty that fazerider?....i did the same last year and it took months to get right!!...rest is the only solution!!  ;)  ......
ouch...sorry to hear that FAZERIDER....is that an original nerve or has it been replaced with an "after market point deducting" one  :lol ........hope your back to normal soon matey ;)
Thanks guys,
The specialist I saw last Monday was very sympathetic then accidentally betrayed the sisterhood by revealing that a friend of hers had pinched the exact same nerve as me and had described the pain as "worse than childbirth".
So remember, next time you tell a woman you're suffering and get the reply "Of course, unless you've given birth, you don't know what pain is."...  they're lying! :lol