Date: 16-06-24  Time: 17:54 pm

Author Topic: who has the oldest fzs600  (Read 17361 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: who has the oldest fzs600
« Reply #25 on: 03 October 2013, 08:01:54 am »
16/05/98 but looks older under all the crud. Has a lot of newer parts tho, like Trigger's broom  :lol

not another one  :o any pics.........so,does anyone know when the bike first went on sale ?..............look after your broom,kebab  :lol
...this prize your offering"...wouldnt be a fkn...towbar by any chance would it? :eek ..if so ile go first" and guess at ...1997.. :rolleyes

gassitt

• Local user
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Got lots of others
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 October 2013, 05:36:58 pm »
First reg   02/04/98.  70,000 miles clocked in Poland a month ago

Originally red  , been like this for 5 years and is actually much different now as well .No silver on bike at all apart from the pipes and discs. Nitron ( with yellow spring) instead of Hagon, gold renthals and CRG adjustable levers,colour matched brake lines and best of all signed by King Kenny himself

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1205

Cant paste the pic for some reason but thats the link

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 October 2013, 06:24:52 pm »
That rearly is a case of triggers broom.
Were's the ref, does this count

I want to win
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 October 2013, 07:07:56 pm »
First reg   02/04/98.  70,000 miles clocked in Poland a month ago

Originally red  , been like this for 5 years and is actually much different now as well .No silver on bike at all apart from the pipes and discs. Nitron ( with yellow spring) instead of Hagon, gold renthals and CRG adjustable levers,colour matched brake lines and best of all signed by King Kenny himself

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=1205

Cant paste the pic for some reason but thats the link

nice looking bike that gassitt.........and the oldest  ;) [size=78%]....you loose points for painting a red bike yellow though,are you on a restricted licence [/size] :lol [/size][size=78%]     [/size]
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 October 2013, 07:11:04 pm »
That rearly is a case of triggers broom.
Were's the ref, does this count

I want to win

you`ve got a point there FAZERSHARP.....should have set some rules from the start.....RICHFZS has had his from new so he deserves to win as well  ;) [size=78%]..........iam going to win though as i make the rules [/size] :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 October 2013, 07:13:43 pm »
 :eek ....never thought there would be 2 of em fighting over a fkn ...towbar!!!!!.... :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 October 2013, 07:29:15 pm »
:eek ....never thought there would be 2 of em fighting over a fkn ...towbar!!!!!.... :lol

dont you mean 3  ;) .......how old is yours old man  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 October 2013, 07:33:51 pm »

nice looking bike that gassitt.........and the oldest  ;) [size=78%]....you loose points for painting a red bike yellow though,are you on a restricted licence [/size] :lol [size=78%]     [/size]

Don't be silly, you go up from a restricted license - having learned to handle a slow red one, he's now graduated to being skilled enough for the immense power of a yellow bike  :lol
Seriously tho, that's one of the nicest speed block jobs I've seen  :thumbup

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 October 2013, 07:35:05 pm »
Had mine 12 years

You can keep the towbar

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 October 2013, 07:37:52 pm »

nice looking bike that gassitt.........and the oldest  ;) [size=78%]....you loose points for painting a red bike yellow though,are you on a restricted licence [/size] :lol [size=78%]     [/size]

Don't be silly, you go up from a restricted license - having learned to handle a slow red one, he's now graduated to being skilled enough for the immense power of a yellow bike  :lol

no....thats not right.........my game,my rules  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 October 2013, 07:43:00 pm »

No, no, you're getting forgetful in your old age Paul - look, have a sit down, put your slippers on, here's your pipe and the papers, I'll take care of this for you.
Right, that's the old codger dealt with;  now, what were we talking about?  :\

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 October 2013, 07:46:08 pm »

No, no, you're getting forgetful in your old age Paul - look, have a sit down, put your slippers on, here's your pipe and the papers, I'll take care of this for you.
Right, that's the old codger dealt with;  now, what were we talking about?  :\

oi........you forgot my medication.......nurse,NURSE  :lol :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 October 2013, 01:05:03 pm »

dont you mean 3  ;) .......how old is yours old man  :lol
.......mine is a more updated model has you know?....one of the ...faster genuine yellow ones! :b (ask mr crisp)...too late to be jealous now isnt it??  old boy :lol ps..be round later with your meds"..and to empty your cathiter!!.....
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 02:08:29 pm by CRH »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 October 2013, 07:20:54 pm »
your too good to me CRH :) .......did`nt know you had a girly yellow bike  :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 October 2013, 08:54:52 pm »
your too good to me CRH :) .......did`nt know you had a girly yellow bike  :lol
...girly yellow? :eek ...true yamaha trademark that?...and you call it ..girly :\ ...you should be ashamed!!...anyway? going bk a few posts you did ask ...what year did they start selling the first fazers?..and with the offer of a towbar as first prize i can hardly find room to post"...i said 1997....well?? :rolleyes ...................................................girly fkn yellow? :eek ......................girly........................fkn........................yellow!
« Last Edit: 04 October 2013, 08:59:00 pm by CRH »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 October 2013, 09:27:25 pm »
I dont think it was 97 --maybe that is when it was a lunched perhaps, but on sale in this country 98 for the new reg in April was it?? --- when they only used to have one release  per year 

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 October 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
I dont think it was 97 --maybe that is when it was a lunched perhaps, but on sale in this country 98 for the new reg in April was it?? --- when they only used to have one release  per year 
.... :lol ....hope t god your right fazersharp?.....never did want that bloody towbar!! :lol .......

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05 October 2013, 09:56:38 am »

got me thinking now........in the good old days when we had one new reg a year and it was easy to keep up with/remember.....was`nt aug 1st the launch date ?....not sure when it came in though but i think your close.. :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 October 2013, 11:55:51 am »
Go back to your origional post and modify to put in rules that state. Oldest with most origional parts, so I can win. And also make it clear that the winner does NOT get a towbar

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 October 2013, 01:38:15 pm »
Go back to your origional post and modify to put in rules that state. Oldest with most origional parts, so I can win. And also make it clear that the winner does NOT get a towbar

good thinking FAZERSHARP.....just been looking at your bike and i can see a number of non standard parts,mine has only 2.....mines a bit newer than yours but if i add the points up....i think iam the winner  :lol :lol :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 05 October 2013, 01:41:05 pm »

good thinking FAZERSHARP.....just been looking at your bike and i can see a number of non standard parts,mine has only 2.....mines a bit newer than yours but if i add the points up....i think iam the winner  :lol :lol :lol

............of a towbar  :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 October 2013, 02:23:43 pm »

....there was no way that paul was giving up that fkn towbar!!...him and that hunk a junk"..are now one!!...next thing we,l see is a silver thou" pulling a caravan :\ ...i think this competition was...FIXED! :rolleyes ...oh and nick?...paul also says we got ...girly yellow bikes :eek

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05 October 2013, 03:35:03 pm »

I bought this new in Nov 98, so it's not a contender.

Though, if we're allowed to amend the rules, how about years owned multiplied by mileage covered? That'll weed out those who spend more time polishing than riding. :pokefun
Come to think of it, it might win an "oldest still using original battery" contest too. :lol
« Last Edit: 19 June 2018, 12:01:32 am by Fazerider »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 October 2013, 04:15:21 pm »

....there was no way that paul was giving up that fkn towbar!!...him and that hunk a junk"..are now one!!...next thing we,l see is a silver thou" pulling a caravan :\ ...i think this competition was...FIXED! :rolleyes ...oh and nick?...paul also says we got ...girly yellow bikes :eek

Yeah, but he was probably dribbling as he said it - besides, that one of his that was red, I noticed has faded to a lovely shade of pink  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 October 2013, 06:34:23 pm »

I bought this new in Nov 98, so it's not a contender.

Though, if we're allowed to amend the rules, how about years owned multiplied by mileage covered? That'll weed out those who spend more time polishing than riding. :pokefun
Come to think of it, it might win an "oldest still using original battery" contest too. :lol

high fazerider.......ah yes iam on original battery aswell,cant match your mileage though,owned mine for 12 years now.........iam still on original engine though,if my memorys correct your on your second.............iam still winning  :lol [size=78%] [/size]