Date: 05-05-24  Time: 14:26 pm

Author Topic: landing gear on a fazer  (Read 9658 times)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: landing gear on a fazer
« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2011, 10:46:36 pm »
thank i'll check that out

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 October 2011, 10:23:22 pm »
 small update: I got a quickshifter this week that will allow for clutchless upshifts and down shifts so I’m hoping to add that on to the bike. I’ve been talking to a few people about using pneumatics and they've all said it would be possible but the problem is how to run the compressor. Trucks use compressed air to power their brake but they have a mechanical link from the engine to the compressor which I can’t really do here so if I was to use compressed air I’d probably have to run it off the electrical system of the bike but I don’t know if I would be able to get a 12v compressor that would be reliable enough and to use. I’ve seen high performance 12v compressors for pumping up truck and tractor tyres but they pull a crazy amount of amps and theres no way a bikes electrical system could run one of them so I’m still not sure about the compressed air system. Another thing I’ll have to look at is a way of locking the landing gear when it comes down. I could size the actuators so that they have a high enough break force to resist anything pushing them back up or I could come up with a mechanical way of locking them when they are lower like some sort of pin that could be lock in place and then released when you wanted the landing gear to be raised again. Lots to think about anyway

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #27 on: 15 October 2011, 01:29:32 pm »
IIRC there are air horns available for bikes which run off compressed air, although I don't know how the compressors are driven, but they might be worth looking into.

wraith600

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 October 2011, 03:24:28 pm »
would it not be better to trike it  :D
follow me and ile show you were to crash

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,484.msg2583.html#msg2583

wraith600

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 October 2011, 06:06:27 pm »
a couple of less radical ones
follow me and ile show you were to crash

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,484.msg2583.html#msg2583

Sunny Intervals

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 October 2011, 09:46:38 am »

Another thing I’ll have to look at is a way of locking the landing gear when it comes down.

If you look at the video you first posted,
You'll see they rotate the legs down past the vertical, so that any downward force on them pushes the leg back up the opposite side of the legparked/travelling position.

Some sort of block stop near the top of the leg,  perhaps on the frame mounting where the leg rotating/pivot shaft is, will stop the leg collapsing