Date: 06-05-24  Time: 22:01 pm

Author Topic: What to buy?  (Read 3347 times)

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
What to buy?
« on: 15 January 2012, 07:41:02 pm »
Looking to spend a few hundred quid on my fazer after an insurance payout from my old bike... decided not to part with it for a more pillion friendly bike.

So it has...

Rear Hugger
K&N
Exhaust
radiator cover

Unsure on what to buy, i was thinking a new can, aftermarket fairings (any idea where i can get these?) and a jackup kit, possibley braided hoses (do they make much of a difference?

Advice welcome/pics of your mods to persuade me!

wraith600

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2012, 09:55:54 pm »
braided hose def those std ones will be near the end of there life fazer1000 rear calaper as the stock one is crap stiffer fork springs with 15 or 20 weight oil dont wory about the rear till you get the front end sorted as its a bit under sprung & damped . if you still need it to steer faster drop the yokes 10mm .try a fazer1000 shock on the rear
follow me and ile show you were to crash

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,484.msg2583.html#msg2583

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2012, 07:17:52 am »
will a standard thou shock fit a foxeye easilly?

wraith600

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2012, 08:40:10 am »
found this on the old site

"I finally got hold of a thou shock at a reasonable price,now fitted to my 02 600 foxeye , it works a treat, to the point where the rear suspension is forgetable, before I had pogo effect when pushed hard , Now twisty bumpy roads are a much more pleasant experience, Fitting involves swapping the 600 spring onto the thou shock, for this you will need a spring compressor "can be done with big jubilee clips" an angle grinder and a bench grinder is usefull. the spring collet retaining washer on the thou shock needs to be reduced in diameter also plastic spring seat reduced, "bench grinder" also the spring tension adgusting bracket will have to be ground away "angle grinder" on the side away from the gas can ( otherwise it will wear away the coolant overflow tank)  I set my shock spring at one click from softest . For my weight 10st this is perfect pre load .Then I moved the said coolant tank to the backside of the mounting on the nearside of the bike "same reason" This is a bit fiddly you may have to devise a retaining clip . no big deal as it is still mouted firmly on the otherside of the bike and there is no weigh/load on the tank . apart from setting the rest of the shocks adjustements to medium that is it. The adjustment on the spring is now fiddly but no more adjustment seems necessary.best mod since home made vario"

another option get in touch with devils yam about an R6 shock mod this would probably be easer
follow me and ile show you were to crash

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,484.msg2583.html#msg2583

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2012, 04:10:57 pm »
sounds tricky :eek  just bought some wezmoto braided hoses

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2012, 12:54:53 pm »
Whats the quality of the Wezmoto braided hoses? I was looking at those and wondering..... :rolleyes

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
Braided hoses are great. Fitted them to every bike I have owned, including my CBF125
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2012, 12:56:08 pm »
Ive fitted Goodridge and HEL Stainless brake pipes to other bikes, just wondered if the 'Wezmoto' ones are as good. :D

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2012, 07:42:42 pm »
Ive fitted Goodridge and HEL Stainless brake pipes to other bikes, just wondered if the 'Wezmoto' ones are as good. :D

Fitting the Wezmoto hoses today, they are great, seem like good quality. Only draw back was no cable tie in the kit.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2012, 09:45:18 am »
It will be good to know how you get on with these.
Question on there description on the ebay site, they say two break lines to replace the front ones, where as my bike and i assume many others has one line to a t-piece and then two lines down to the caliper therefore 3 lines.
does this mean you run both from the master cylinder direct to the calipers, bypassing the t-piece?
cheers
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2012, 09:54:22 am »
Question on there description on the ebay site, they say two break lines to replace the front ones, where as my bike and i assume many others has one line to a t-piece and then two lines down to the caliper therefore 3 lines.
does this mean you run both from the master cylinder direct to the calipers, bypassing the t-piece?
cheers

Yeah thats right, they supply a longer nut so two hoses fit to the master cylinder.

donkey93

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2012, 02:23:42 pm »
2 bolts from my hel kit which i got yesterday

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2012, 02:53:42 pm »
cheers

Yeah thats right, they supply a longer nut so two hoses fit to the master cylinder.

Ok thats great thank you for the info.
Sounds like my next upgrade if they are up to standard.
cheers

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 January 2012, 08:05:11 pm »
Yeah I reckon I'll give them a go too  :D

thom_1991

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 January 2012, 08:20:31 pm »
Best/most cost effective improvement i made was to get linear springs in the forks. For 11 stone me with occasional track days .90kg/mm rating (i think) is spot on. Of course then the shock will feel distinctly average...

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2012, 09:38:52 pm »
Ordered my braided lines and reconditioned rear caliper today.... looking forward to having some brakes!!  :rollin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2012, 09:32:29 am »
where did you order your brake lines from? Did you order 2 front and one rear, with stainless steel fittings too? Just looking for best deal at the moment  :)

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2012, 01:55:48 pm »
Good old Ebay... went down the Goodridge route... Item number 270786814672 - Cheapest Gooodridge front set on the site & Item number 290644425172 - for the rear  :rollin looking forward to test riding the beast now!!  :D  my fazer has been getting a right treat this week!! Renthals/Motrax Grips/New rear Caliper with EBC HH Sintered pads & Goodridge all round... just need that stainless downpipe set now!!  :lol
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2012, 02:43:53 pm »
Cheers for that, I'll have a look. Enjoy your new brakes.... :)

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
  • Me and my fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2012, 08:30:36 pm »
@Fazer Jake I adore your fazer, i want one like that in blue but if i can't have it, i'll have it in silver or sunshine yellow!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My and my beloved fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!!!