Date: 19-05-24  Time: 21:35 pm

Author Topic: Lofo ride Sun 4th Aug.  (Read 14537 times)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Lofo ride Sun 4th Aug.
« Reply #75 on: 04 August 2013, 07:41:26 am »
Bad luck chaps.  It's always good to have a buddy there to help you out.

I hope you have em fixed soon.  Good to know I'm not the only one.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 04 August 2013, 09:28:44 am »
... will have to try and source a generator cover which will definitely be the hard part
Have a word with Red98 when he gets back from touring the UK. He may still have the cover I gave him (he only needed the generator/pickup assembly from it), it had had a repair at some point in it's life so won't get the bike back to concours standards but was sound.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 04 August 2013, 09:53:02 am »
Wonder if you might get a claim out of whoever's responsible for road maintenance where it happened? After all, they don't need to know you were distracted at the time?!
If forks just need realignment, then probably as you said - loosen off, or just give it a judicious wrench through the front wheel, realign. But if they're actually bent, they'll need proper re-straightening, which should be ok as long as it's not so bad that they've creased. Take a good look where they go into the yokes, common place for this to happen.
Cam cap holed? Did it lose any oil?

I could try, I suppose. The road (a back road) has been marked for repair, but hasn't been done yet. I don't want a long legal battle for a relatively small repair job.

As for the cam cap, it's the round, aluminium cap that makes the rocker cover look prettier - nothing structural.

Doesn't look creased anywhere, but looks like both are leaning right slightly, so praying it isn't the headstock.

Get photo's of road asap.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 04 August 2013, 10:00:05 am »
Thanks bozboz, appreciate it!

The only thing I think I'm concerned about is the central bracket that holds the front fairing. It was twisted quite badly so I'm uncertain as to how much damage has been caused to it until I manage to rip off the current fairing and inspect. Luckily I have some spare front forks and a new front fairing already, will have to try and source a generator cover which will definitely be the hard part

Those brackets bend quite easily,especially if you're not shy with a rubber mallet!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 04 August 2013, 10:02:31 am »
It's more about whether its taken any significant structural damage which will prevent me from using it after a repair, fingers crossed though

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 04 August 2013, 04:11:57 pm »
ANOTHER CRASH TODAY !!! Arthur dropped his bike but was ok to continue the ride. Top man. Quite an eventful ride today.  Stopped by police again for a free bikesafe burger. 25 min held up. Then 15 min later dimitris got stopped for dirty number plate. Anuvver 10min wasted and then 20 min later arthur dropped his bike on a very tricky corner. So we didnt make it to royston.....BUT.... As the royston mob had waited long unuff they started on there way to finchinfield and passed us on the royston/saffren walden road when we were tryin to sort arturs bike after his drop. Waves and foccer salutes were echanged and guess what? THEY DIDNT STOP!!!! Just carried on with their ride and after us drivin up there to meet them. WTF!! Very unfoccerly behaviour. Shame on u. But they did pull up at high beech just after u guys left so dont worry lofo's as they were duly told off. Bad foccer juju eddie.

Neenaaaneeenaaneeenaaa
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 04 August 2013, 04:27:45 pm »
Wot the foc is up with the foccers!?!? We're dropping like flies!!  :eek :eek :eek
The Deef's apprentice

Yellowwolf

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CBR 954RR
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 04 August 2013, 05:05:38 pm »
Glad you're all ok. You'd never have kept up with us anyway ;)

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04 August 2013, 05:07:48 pm »
Glad you're all ok. You'd never have kept up with us anyway ;)

Get down to Loomies Wednesday after next, and try us...  ;) ;)
The Deef's apprentice

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 04 August 2013, 05:33:28 pm »
ANOTHER CRASH TODAY !!! Arthur dropped his bike but was ok to continue the ride. Top man. Quite an eventful ride today.  Stopped by police again for a free bikesafe burger. 25 min held up. Then 15 min later dimitris got stopped for dirty number plate. Anuvver 10min wasted and then 20 min later arthur dropped his bike on a very tricky corner. So we didnt make it to royston.....BUT.... As the royston mob had waited long unuff they started on there way to finchinfield and passed us on the royston/saffren walden road when we were tryin to sort arturs bike after his drop. Waves and foccer salutes were echanged and guess what? THEY DIDNT STOP!!!! Just carried on with their ride and after us drivin up there to meet them. WTF!! Very unfoccerly behaviour. Shame on u. But they did pull up at high beech just after u guys left so dont worry lofo's as they were duly told off. Bad foccer juju eddie.

Neenaaaneeenaaneeenaaa

Nice finger work Exup :-P.  Sounds like an eventful day anyways. 
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #85 on: 04 August 2013, 09:02:20 pm »
Not quite as planned, but a good ride out. Thanks chaps. Bike ain't too bad, bit of a scuff/crack in fairing. Bracket is a bit bent, shall have to remove fairing show it the rubber hammer. Can popped off, fixed that, bracket to pillion is a bit bent mind. Belly pan/bobbins bent, again. Though TBH I've still got an outstanding insurance claim that'll cover the damage to all these parts anyway - fingers crossed court case plays out well. Ride safe chaps.

Btw can recommend the bike safe day. However we bumped into Essex force who charge £60. London MET police are currently charging £25 for summer, they get big TFL subsidy.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05 August 2013, 06:42:30 am »
hello gents, sorry to hear about the weekends offs, hope everyones ok. Im glad i was working now. still hope i can join you on the next one.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #87 on: 05 August 2013, 01:46:56 pm »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07 August 2013, 08:14:19 am »
@ DEADEYE.....i still have the generator cover if you want it....minus the workings,its been repaired and has`nt got the fazer script on it .but still in working order.........iam planning to go to the ACE tonight,could leave a bit earlier and bring it up to you...cheers red98 
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 07 August 2013, 09:26:35 am »
That would be awesome red! I'm not too worried about the condition since the previous one was scuffed to all hell before the crash anyways (previous owners :P)

If anything, this just kicks me in to getting my rebuild project sorted

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 07 August 2013, 01:15:16 pm »
its yours mate......came to me via FAZERIDER to help out with "the stuttering one"....only needed the pick-up coil....could bring it up this afternoon / evening if thats any good to you  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 10 August 2013, 09:55:29 am »
I swear you guys plan these for weekends when I'm busy  :rollin   Anyone up for a ride out today/tomorrow/this week?

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 10 August 2013, 01:19:15 pm »
I swear you guys plan these for weekends when I'm busy  :rollin   Anyone up for a ride out today/tomorrow/this week?

Rescue Rideout on the 18th?  :)
The Deef's apprentice

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10 August 2013, 01:21:35 pm »
Busy on the 18th :D. Meeting up with Exupnut for an hour or so shortly, moulsham electronics, cm2 0lg in chelmsford at 2 if anyone fancies a short run out :)

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10 August 2013, 07:20:54 pm »
Went out for a bit with Mr Exupnut this afternoon, quick run up to Safron Waldon then swapped bikes for the way back.  Nice roads, not much traffic and good weather so it was a good run  :)

As for the cam cap, it's the round, aluminium cap that makes the rocker cover look prettier - nothing structural.
I've got some of these if you need any, they'd need painting though.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 10 August 2013, 07:32:51 pm »
Missed all of this as been offline ages due to moving house!  :eek Bloody hell hope you're all alright! If you still need a generator cover Deadeye pm me as I have a spare.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 10 August 2013, 07:50:18 pm »
Went out for a bit with Mr Exupnut this afternoon, quick run up to Safron Waldon then swapped bikes for the way back.  Nice roads, not much traffic and good weather so it was a good run  :)

Are those per chance the cam caps you got from me? :P

Missed all of this as been offline ages due to moving house!  :eek Bloody hell hope you're all alright! If you still need a generator cover Deadeye pm me as I have a spare.

Mr. Red98 was good enough to provide one, but thank you for the offer Fuzzy :)

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 10 August 2013, 07:53:33 pm »

Yes please! I just need the one. Sending you a PM.
The Deef's apprentice

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 10 August 2013, 07:53:47 pm »
Lol yes they are, never got round to cleaning them up for my bike :D. Plus the moron that painted all the red bits did parts of the camcovers too. I'm just waiting for it to all get covered in road grime so it doesn't show :D