Date: 01-06-24  Time: 15:54 pm

Author Topic: Goodwood F.O.Speed ,anyone been to it ?  (Read 2537 times)

hawkeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - CD 175 1974
    • View Profile
Goodwood F.O.Speed ,anyone been to it ?
« on: 17 September 2013, 07:36:27 pm »
Goodwood festival of speed as above ,been fancying this for years and few years back was talking to a coach driver who was also a biker , he reckons that you can get accomadation in the college/uni opposite the ground real cheap as its empty of students , anyone been there and done that ?
If so can you pm me some details for contact and prices please , any info much appreciated .

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Re: Goodwood F.O.Speed ,anyone been to it ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2013, 08:26:44 pm »
Been to Goodwood F O S quite a few times in the past (four times) but not in the last few years. When I've gone this is where I've stayed. They get pretty booked up well in advance. But it's one of the nicest B&Bs I've stayed at.

http://www.theoldstoreguesthouse.co.uk/
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

hawkeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - CD 175 1974
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2013, 04:36:49 pm »
Been to Goodwood F O S quite a few times in the past (four times) but not in the last few years. When I've gone this is where I've stayed. They get pretty booked up well in advance. But it's one of the nicest B&Bs I've stayed at.

http://www.theoldstoreguesthouse.co.uk/

nice but bit pricey for me ,was told that the college just across the road from Goodwood F.O.S. was cheap and close but still havnt been able to find the name of it or location to book for next year .

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2013, 07:00:02 pm »
Went in 2009 my lad got complimentary tickets it was a great day and the sun shone

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2013, 09:14:13 am »
Last time I went was a couple of years ago on the black Fazer 1000 as a friend had been given some tickets, did marshal there a couple of times which was great as we were fed and watered, but still had time to look at cars etc.
[/size][/color]I normally ride down on the day as relatively near and the roads are awesome anyway. Have a couple of spare beds and a caravan plus room for bikes for next year FOC near Sevenoaks Kent.[/font] :sun
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

hawkeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - CD 175 1974
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2013, 08:20:44 am »
Last time I went was a couple of years ago on the black Fazer 1000 as a friend had been given some tickets, did marshal there a couple of times which was great as we were fed and watered, but still had time to look at cars etc.
I normally ride down on the day as relatively near and the roads are awesome anyway. Have a couple of spare beds and a caravan plus room for bikes for next year FOC near Sevenoaks Kent. :sun
Your links didn't work , were they for f.o.s.

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2013, 06:04:10 am »
Don't think the links were important, but offer still stands. Going down that way Sunday to RSPB place, also love Amberley biker friendly cafe at Houghton Bridge on the river, and not far from Arundel Castle, more lovely cafe's on the river and Clymping, though they now charge for parking there.
[/size][/color]Goodwood is great even on a non Festival day, as there is a lovely cafe there overlooking airfield and the track, as they run driving experiences in all sorts of exotic cars, plus there is a little go kart track, something for everyone![/font] :D
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous