Date: 17-06-24  Time: 12:37 pm

Author Topic: Controversial Topic  (Read 10896 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Controversial Topic
« Reply #50 on: 18 September 2013, 12:27:26 pm »
Well we all know that the Fazers are good all around bikes, but I thought I'd go out and ask a properly damnable question - what, if anything, are you all planning on getting next, and why?

The next bike I'll be having will either be either another late model ZX9R (2000-2004), or an early GSX-R1000 (same years), funds allowing.
I miss the acceleration and handling of a proper liter sports bike, yet both of these bikes are more than comfy (for me at least, the 9 I imagine pretty much for anyone) and have enough luggage options and tank range that mean I'll still be able to do long distance riding. I think the only real downer will be the pillion provision won't be as good, but then in fairness that's not exactly that much of a surprise!

If I could go back to sports bikes, the GSXR thou K4 is definitely the one I'd be considering. Have you read the latest PB mag? Some good write ups on this one in there, and as they say, the last one before Euro 3 emissions put all the ugly, heavy power-strangling cans on.. I also remember it being said at the time that this was about the most capable sports bike going - the appeal to me was the acres of mid-range and best handling yet of any of the thous. Definitely a benchmark bike.

It has just occurred to me that this would have been a cracking engine for Suzuki to have based a Fazer-style all-rounder on - missed opportunity there! The Japs really need to take a leaf out of Aprillia's book and stop messing around with de/re-tuning their sports bike engines for such bikes, or at least don't overdo it, when they've got a good one like this. The Fazer thous seem to be the only ones that are really right, or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: 18 September 2013, 03:34:01 pm by nick crisp »

rayburn600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger Sport- V-Strom
    • View Profile
Re: Controversial Topic
« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2013, 10:12:31 pm »
Just for you Simonm...