Date: 16-06-24  Time: 06:17 am

Author Topic: Another one bites the dust!  (Read 19918 times)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Another one bites the dust!
« Reply #75 on: 17 September 2013, 04:01:09 pm »
I'm still reading ^^

I just have nothing useful to say... at the moment ;)

hey...iam still reading.....i never have anything useful to say  :o .....do you want to buy a towbar ?

Even if i was, sleeping beauty must now be on his afternoon siesta! :lol , it'll soon be Pot Noodle o clock though!

We don't do siestas in France, I've just been driving a digger!

Buy it. You know you want it.  ;)
The Deef's apprentice

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 17 September 2013, 09:31:30 pm »
I'm still reading ^^

I just have nothing useful to say... at the moment ;)

This could be of interest Deadeye - speed up to 90 yesterday.....forgot to even think about it but no noticeable buzz through the renthals & thats just with the renthal bar end plugs which weigh about a quarter of the original weights.

Mine were a nightmare, buzzy as hell, but thats not the fault of the bars...

Ended up buying some bar end weights and using Rawlplug trick to attach them - bars are much better now. There is still some buzziness at the top of the rev range so sat on the motorway does make my hands and feet go numb after a while. On the A roads it hasn't been much of an issue so the vibrations must be around the 6-7k mark primarily

In any case, its an engine problem and the engine is going to be replaced so :P

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 23 September 2013, 04:07:43 pm »
Still not finished but couldnt resist getting a few pics up  :)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2013, 04:24:34 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 23 September 2013, 04:32:04 pm »
Way to go Nog! Looking cooooooool.
If you don't plan on breaking anything else off, it might even be finished while you're still young enough to ride it  :lol
If those are LED indicators on the front, somebody correct me if I'm wrong but you'll have to fit same on rear with resistors to get the flash rate right. The fast flash of LEDs without resistors is an MOT fail.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #79 on: 23 September 2013, 04:33:01 pm »
Looks good. I reckon if I trash my fairing any more, then I'll be going down the streetfighter route too!

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 23 September 2013, 06:32:09 pm »
It does look nice!

However...

I never do like streetfighter'd Fazers when the stock fairing is left at the back - as most of them are. The rear width of the bike doesn't go somehow with the new angularity of the front. Planning on doing anything there?

PS - I still have an intact rear fairing for you to butcher, should you want one...  ;)
The Deef's apprentice

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 23 September 2013, 06:49:30 pm »

Thanks Chaps, still got my new fender in Black to get fitted once the bolts are drilled out.
Will be fitting a Black Pillion grab rail to try & continue the Black theme towards the arse end.

Stainless downpipes coming soon from Cristo's bike.

& i need to sort the indicator flashing out, Nick i've actually got another 2 of those mini indicators that i can fit but i've had a guts full at the moment so ill cuff it for now & try getting a few rides in before the winter strikes & then sort the remaining jobs when it is off the road.

Cristo..nice try on selling me more of your stuff..im officially outta funds though!

Well i have to say, i miss the old  :faz & i like the boxeye fairing but i've at least got a bike to ride now even if it aint pretty.For all it's cosmetic faults the engine is superb & never gives me any hassle so for now i'll just enjoy it while it lasts. 8)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2013, 07:15:36 pm by noggythenog »

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 23 September 2013, 06:53:16 pm »
On a practical note...

How does the Dominator headlamp compare to stock (shitty) one?
The Deef's apprentice

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 23 September 2013, 07:20:53 pm »
nice one noggy,calipers ,grab handle and pipes posted today.....my spares bike has had the streetfighter treatment,its too good for spares so iam going to make it my next project......i thinking lightweight,single seat,k+n cone filters,two 2into1 exhaust just for looks,not sure on colour yet but it might be......................................RED  :lol     
One, is never going to be enough.....

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 23 September 2013, 08:10:48 pm »
Looks awesome mate!!  8)

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 23 September 2013, 09:02:53 pm »
I like the look of that, I've been watching this with interest as your Fazer looks just like mine and this is something I've been thinking about doing before I even bought my bike. I quite like the fairing, just sometimes it just focuses wind blast right into me and looks a bit iffy from certain angles. I think if I do it I will probably use a traditional single headlight and I agree with Christo the back needs to be smartened up a bit somehow, maybe with a tail tidy / undertray or whatever. Nice work though!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 23 September 2013, 09:04:21 pm »
On a practical note...

How does the Dominator headlamp compare to stock (shitty) one?
Gotta say, i havent even tried it yet :rolleyes , but im not expecting much & the bloke in the garage said the same, but the standard box eye is rubbish so ill wait & see.I basically just use day lights anyway, fair weather biker & all that.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 23 September 2013, 09:12:32 pm »
I like the look of that, I've been watching this with interest as your Fazer looks just like mine and this is something I've been thinking about doing before I even bought my bike. I quite like the fairing, just sometimes it just focuses wind blast right into me and looks a bit iffy from certain angles. I think if I do it I will probably use a traditional single headlight and I agree with Christo the back needs to be smartened up a bit somehow, maybe with a tail tidy / undertray or whatever. Nice work though!

cheers Yama :) , ye it'll look much better with the stainless pipes & especially the new front fender.I'll post up a side on picture with the bike on the flat at some point, the rear end looks a bit better from that angle & with it being jacked up is fine for me anyway but im not a massive fan of the sticky up tail sections & i still wanna keep my pillion seat.fundementaly the bike is still a standard fazer so if i ever come across a good standard fairing in future or want to convert it back it'll be easy to do so.
I'll post up more pics soon, hopefully tomorrow with the bike actually out somewhere on the road 8)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 23 September 2013, 09:34:45 pm »
Side on

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23 September 2013, 10:02:13 pm »

cheers Yama :) , ye it'll look much better with the stainless pipes & especially the new front fender.I'll post up a side on picture with the bike on the flat at some point, the rear end looks a bit better from that angle & with it being jacked up is fine for me anyway but im not a massive fan of the sticky up tail sections & i still wanna keep my pillion seat.fundementaly the bike is still a standard fazer so if i ever come across a good standard fairing in future or want to convert it back it'll be easy to do so.
I'll post up more pics soon, hopefully tomorrow with the bike actually out somewhere on the road 8)

I wasn't going to suggest sticky-up, more of what Wraith has done to his bike. That thing is a beaut!
The Deef's apprentice

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 23 September 2013, 10:10:40 pm »
Looks good side on to be fair, and yeah not sticky up I hate the look of that it's pointless (wheyyy). How difficult was it to wire in the headlights etc for the high and low beam? Also looks like you've just mounted the new headlight onto the old fairing bracket which doesn't look too bad and makes holding the speedo etc a lot easier. That's going to be my biggest head scratch if I decide to go for the naked single headlight approach. Also, on the renthal streetfighter bars, does anyone know if you HAVE to have the bar brace part in the middle or can it be removed?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 23 September 2013, 10:30:37 pm »
Looks good side on to be fair, and yeah not sticky up I hate the look of that it's pointless (wheyyy). How difficult was it to wire in the headlights etc for the high and low beam? Also looks like you've just mounted the new headlight onto the old fairing bracket which doesn't look too bad and makes holding the speedo etc a lot easier. That's going to be my biggest head scratch if I decide to go for the naked single headlight approach. Also, on the renthal streetfighter bars, does anyone know if you HAVE to have the bar brace part in the middle or can it be removed?
I got the garage to do the headlight wiring, they didnt cut into the loom or anything.the guy didnt know my bike had the both lights on mod done & he reckons i shouldnt have full beam on for too long as it might melt the wiring :eek , im not fussed, it's only to pass the mot.

i really was keeping things back to basics as im not that mechanically savvy so that's why i kept the original fairing bracket on.got a man with a plan, & a large garage to heat & bend the bracket back to almost straight then i re painted the whole bracket with Hammerite.
finding a fairing that would strap on plus cover the bracket became troublesome so i thought foc it the bracket will just have to stick out like big ears, because it's black it kind of blends in.
The Renthal brace IMO is purely cosmetic.i bought it seperately, i suppose it stops a little bit of the vibration.i went a bit overkill getting a Blue one, Silver woulda been better.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 23 September 2013, 10:36:00 pm »
Actually Nog, considering what you had to get done, plus constraints of work etc, 1 month is pretty good going to get it back on the road like that!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 24 September 2013, 10:26:14 am »
Also, on the renthal streetfighter bars, does anyone know if you HAVE to have the bar brace part in the middle or can it be removed?

Nope, its completely optional (think you have to pay for it actually). It does add some stiffness / strength to the ally bars but this can cause a few more vibes I believe (instead of less)

I bought some Renthal 758's as well and I don't have the brace :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 24 September 2013, 07:07:46 pm »
More fannying around today...managed to break 2 sets of cheapo mirrors....was in despair thinking id have no mirrors & a sore neck......then realised i could mount my original mirror brackets & mirrors on the front sub frame :think

Re positioned the indicators...got the mirrors on.....foccin things now foul the bars, my knuckles hit the mirrors on too much lock :o ....the mirrors are great though & ive been for a spin & all is good but my bike'll fail the mot for that now & i cant figure out how they foul if they were on the bike previously, perhaps its the Renthal bars or somethin???.

Oh got my black grab rail off Red & it looks sweet! 8)

ChristoT

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 24 September 2013, 10:37:34 pm »
More fannying around today...managed to break 2 sets of cheapo mirrors....was in despair thinking id have no mirrors & a sore neck......then realised i could mount my original mirror brackets & mirrors on the front sub frame :think

Re positioned the indicators...got the mirrors on.....foccin things now foul the bars, my knuckles hit the mirrors on too much lock :o ....the mirrors are great though & ive been for a spin & all is good but my bike'll fail the mot for that now & i cant figure out how they foul if they were on the bike previously, perhaps its the Renthal bars or somethin???.

Oh got my black grab rail off Red & it looks sweet! 8)

And the downpipes?!?!?  :lol :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 24 September 2013, 10:46:41 pm »
I havent unwrapped them yet cristo.........dont wanna blind myself with the brightness!!!!

They will finish the bike off nicely :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 03 October 2013, 04:10:26 pm »
Here we go Cristo, got the downpipes nice & clean today.quite a ice addition to the living room actually!.........before & after pics:-

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 03 October 2013, 04:36:53 pm »
They look like your coffee table
« Last Edit: 03 October 2013, 04:37:52 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 03 October 2013, 04:45:12 pm »
nice one mr nog  ;) ...what did you use ?
One, is never going to be enough.....