Date: 22-06-24  Time: 11:31 am

Linked Events

• Lofo ride Ace CafĂ© / Bicester: 01 September 2013

Author Topic: Lofo ride Sun 1st Sept  (Read 23193 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Lofo ride Sun 1st Sept
« Reply #25 on: 25 August 2013, 08:59:08 pm »
If you check back through this thread ( :rolleyes ), you'll see  that some of you guys will meeting at the Ace. Then the ride will come out this way (Oxfordshire), to pick up a couple more of us - Bicester. Pay attention at the back!

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 August 2013, 09:02:34 pm »
If you check back through this thread ( :rolleyes ), you'll see  that some of you guys will meeting at the Ace. Then the ride will come out this way (Oxfordshire), to pick up a couple more of us - Bicester. Pay attention at the back!

Meh. Still unsure if I can make it, so maybe not always on the ball - the towball that is.  ;)

Parp.

If I bring the trailer, will you guys let me keep up? Either way, not allowed to thrash the bike with the towball on - don't want to risk hitting the chain / sprocket with the frame!  :eek :eek :eek
The Deef's apprentice

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 August 2013, 10:53:55 pm »
This is fish hill for those without knowledge, and a youtube link shall be up shortly!

Did that route for the 2nd time on the way back from Wales today. That vid just doesn't do justice to how tight those bends are! Would be very easy to cock up - there's been what looks like a smashed up GSXR at the side of the road on that last bend for about 3 weeks now; perhaps mute testimony to how hard it is to get that bit right. At first (south/east bound) you're just on fast dual carriageway, lulled into a false sense of security, then you hit the first of 3 or 4 bends that just get tighter and tighter. I'd say you've set a challenge there Stig  :eek

Definitely not trailer territory!
« Last Edit: 25 August 2013, 10:56:10 pm by nick crisp »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 August 2013, 05:04:50 am »
Or even merv territory....
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 August 2013, 08:33:22 am »
Stig, can you post up a meeting point at Bicester? I've never been to that town, so I need a reference point. Red98, are you up for this one?

hi nick.......this sounds good,i have a summer job at weekends which is why i`ve not been out  :o ...been doing it for 4yrs now,time to call it a day and get some good FAZER TIME in....i`ll see if i can join you lot but i wont know untill the last minute.......if iam there or not have a great day and dont forget the pictures  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #30 on: 26 August 2013, 08:39:25 am »
This is fish hill for those without knowledge, and a youtube link shall be up shortly!

Did that route for the 2nd time on the way back from Wales today. That vid just doesn't do justice to how tight those bends are! Would be very easy to cock up - there's been what looks like a smashed up GSXR at the side of the road on that last bend for about 3 weeks now; perhaps mute testimony to how hard it is to get that bit right. At first (south/east bound) you're just on fast dual carriageway, lulled into a false sense of security, then you hit the first of 3 or 4 bends that just get tighter and tighter. I'd say you've set a challenge there Stig  :eek

Yep definitely. Was coming back from Shrewsbury, big top box and saddle bags on, was hooning it a bit, them bends kept getting tighter, kept leaning further, was worried I was going to drag the saddle bags on floor. Began drifting outwards a bit, good job it was two laes going up the hill and nowt coming other way!

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 August 2013, 09:57:18 am »
We'll meet at Bicester services Post code is OX26 1BT,

Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 August 2013, 10:19:32 am »

I didn't notice the smashed up bike, too busy looking at the next bend.
Last right hander I briefly touched the knee, I've only touched once on that first left hander, for some reason I just never have 100% faith going up and around here, but I'm always fully loaded up!
There's a little car park at the top on the left so we'll. stop off briefly for anyone that wants to give it a 2nd go!
Some say...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 August 2013, 10:31:06 am »
Red 98,  kitcrazy, kosmic, steeve666666666, deadeye, christoTtttttt(caravaner) where r u....
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 August 2013, 10:35:12 am »

I didn't notice the smashed up bike, too busy looking at the next bend.
Last right hander I briefly touched the knee, I've only touched once on that first left hander, for some reason I just never have 100% faith going up and around here, but I'm always fully loaded up!
There's a little car park at the top on the left so we'll. stop off briefly for anyone that wants to give it a 2nd go!

I've only done it going up the hill, 2 lanes, and still found it tricky. Downhill, with 1 lane? Might be even harder! I only catch the bike out of the corner of my eye cos you can't take your eyes off the road there so can't be sure exactly what it was - there were 2 bikes there yesterday, don't know if the other had stopped to rape the first, or what. Maybe they're both wrecked! :eek

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 August 2013, 11:25:37 am »
May not be able to make this one :(

I have a feeling work might get in the way and the bike isn't even repaired yet - still working on disassembling the forks. Went and bought a wooden broom handle for assistance today :P

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 August 2013, 01:08:48 pm »
Red 98,  kitcrazy, kosmic, steeve666666666, deadeye, christoTtttttt(caravaner) where r u....

Steeeve66666666 will mostly be going to Devon that weekend, so can't make it, soz.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 August 2013, 03:05:01 pm »
Right, just ridden the route and bizarrely according to my clocks its exactly 100 miles round trip from Bicester, is everyone happy with that or want more miles or what?
Some say...

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 August 2013, 04:28:34 pm »
I might be up for Punkstig's ride out, would meet you at Berkhamsted and ride into Fish hill with you all. I will have to check if I m free.

I am still thinking of joining in with this, as I d be coming from Leicester I could do with some meet up times Bicester looking like the best place to join you all, if this is clear others from this area may wish to join me.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 August 2013, 04:51:48 pm »

Did you know that Little Chef's appeared on the junctions of ley lines about a million years ago, then the roads came and joined them all up? The food is from those early days...

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26 August 2013, 04:56:23 pm »

Did you know that Little Chef's appeared on the junctions of ley lines about a million years ago, then the roads came and joined them all up? The food is from those early days...
It is getting clearer is there a meeting time?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 August 2013, 05:03:02 pm »
So far, 11am at the poison chef in Bicester.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26 August 2013, 05:06:01 pm »
So far, 11am at the poison chef in Bicester.

They do coffee at the petrol station next to the little shit, but either place their right next to each other, and yeah, meet at 11ish for a cuppa!
Some say...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 August 2013, 12:00:14 pm »
Its about an hour ride from ace to bicester so if we meet @ the ace for 9:30 we can leave @ 10. That sound ok with everyone?

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: 27 August 2013, 08:53:24 pm »

Yo LoFo's and Bros, London Calling! Recieving you loud and clear.

Yeah I'm up for this, after much heated discission with her indoors. I have an all day pass to go out and play with me Julie  :lol .

I'll see you at the Ace for breckie about 9:30.
Is there a definate route planned just so I can rehearse my lines while I sleep at night.  :car :z

Weather also looking good for Sunday.

PS Punkstig I still haven't seen any vid from the last trip out to the Badlands.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 27 August 2013, 09:29:12 pm »
Yep, there's a definite route, I ran it yesterday, but looking at the map I'm thinking of cutting off one of the B roads early on that was proper bumpy and heading for an A road instead.
Bicester- head North B4100 up to A422 past Banbury up to Stratford for smoke/ sandwich depending on everyone's opinions.
Stratford- continue heading west A422/ A46 north onto A435
Jump onto B4090 north west and follow it to A441 now heading south, continue onto B4088 follow. That until roundabout junction of A44/ A4184/ A46, stop at services for everyone to catch up.
From here its 6/7 miles to Broadway (fish hill) A46 onto A44 and the real real fun starts!
We follow the A44 all the way through the very idyllic and at this point very noisy chipping norton and just before Fulwell we get onto the B4030, its all 70/80/90 degree twists and turns back to Bicester!
« Last Edit: 27 August 2013, 10:28:59 pm by Punkstig »
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 August 2013, 09:32:25 pm »
As for the vid its on my pc hard drive, but the pc is so old I can't do anything with it until my new one arrives!
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 August 2013, 09:35:59 pm »
Forgot to mention- speed cameras on route-

ZERO!

Doesn't mean we don't need to keep an eye out for plod though obviously!
Some say...

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 August 2013, 10:10:30 pm »
B4030 is right near to my favourite evening ride (when I have the energy!), but I haven't done it yet, so look forward to that. My evening ride turns from Chipping Norton down the B4026 to Charlbury, a cracking little run of tight twisties, point and squirt! You rode the planned route recently, Stig, had they gravelled the B4030 too?
All on my patch and ashamed to say I don't know much of it! :rolleyes
But looks good  :)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27 August 2013, 10:27:46 pm »
I rode it all yesterday, B4030 was not gravelled, surface was good!
I used to follow the A44 to Oxford then on to Aylesbury to get home, but then found the B4030 and have never gone another way since. You have to keep your eyes open on this road, its a decent width but when the chevrons are up denoting a sharp corner it really is a sharp corner many being 80 degree minimum, so be aware, I pretty much guarantee you'll running it more often Nick!
Some say...