Date: 17-06-24  Time: 14:30 pm

Author Topic: Support the air ambulance !  (Read 2190 times)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Support the air ambulance !
« on: 24 July 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
I don't think this rideout has got enough Foc'cer attention so I thought I'd post it under the general topic/guise of helping out the air ambulance as a worthy cause.

Get on your bike for charidee.

Heading off from Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, London (come on you LoFo's) & Birmingham

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,8049.0.html

Thanks to Yellowwolf for posting it.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Support the air ambulance !
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2013, 09:42:48 pm »
There are at least 4 different posts on this now!!! ;)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2013, 09:45:36 pm »
Hell yah.  Hopefully at least one more FOC'cer will read it and sign up eh.  This is the first in the general topic though afaik.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2013, 09:51:36 pm »
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. God forbid you should ever need them, but this is one charity you really ought to support because it may one day save YOUR life, as a motorcyclist. I would definitely not be alive today if it were not for the London Air Ambulance. Apparently, one of their staff came into ITU where I was taken to the day after I was transported there by this service. I'm told he was surprised that I was still alive, given my injuries, but if he were reading this, I'd say "only thanks to you guys".
« Last Edit: 24 July 2013, 09:56:29 pm by nick crisp »

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2013, 10:14:07 pm »
Amen to that1 If you cant manage the various rideouts-join the Air Ambulance Lottery. I know Wales & Midlands services run weekly lotteries- £1 per week payable as £4-34 month by direct debit. If you ever need to use them its good to know you've helped keep them running.They save lives by saving time.
The Navy & RAF Air Sea Rescue service was privatised a couple of months ago-passed RNAS Culdrose(Cornwall) a few weeks back & the old Sea King was stood on the apron outside the 771 Squadron Hangar-my brother-in-law used to fly them. Hope the new service wont involve call queuing, naff music,or call centres in India, or giving your credit card details before they come out to you! :eek

Yellowwolf

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CBR 954RR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2013, 10:37:05 pm »
Yep, the more the merrier. Cheers Simon

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2013, 10:37:18 pm »
To be honest I was hoping for Numberwang.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2013, 11:53:53 pm »
4 isn't numberwang. :P

You going, Simon?
The Deef's apprentice

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2013, 01:29:56 am »
I agree the Air Ambulance does a great job, but (as I may have mentioned before) here's something to think about:

The IAM group I'm a member of used to have the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance as their chosen charity, however when it came to a vote to decide what charity to support for the next year, I did some checking on the Charity Commission's site and found that while the Air Ambulance account was running a healthy surplus, the Basics Team (ie the medical staff who crew the helicopter) were actually *losing* money because their outgoings are exceeding their income.

So whilst supporting the chopper is all well and good, don't forget the people inside it who actually do the "saving lives" business...

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2013, 01:53:31 am »
I is not against the reason for the air ambulance to raise funds as they do a fantastic job. Although every festival and show I have had the pleasure of going to this year they have been present. Never the less they do a good job and need our support so please give if you can.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.