Date: 16-06-24  Time: 00:32 am

Author Topic: Bedford autodrome £79  (Read 2130 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Bedford autodrome £79
« on: 02 July 2013, 10:07:43 am »
Track day booked for next Monday 8th, weather forecast is good, there's less than 9 places left, if anyone's interested its through focused events and only £79 for the day.

If you want to go but its too far for you I'm only about an hours ride away, you are more than welcome to come stay at mine on the Sunday evening, just send me a message.

God I'm so looking forward to this, only done silverstone and Rockingham (where I rode my T'cat off the tyres on a banked bend!  :lol ) both times in the inters group, so staying with that and see if I'm quick enough to move up!
Some say...

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Re: Bedford autodrome £79
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2013, 10:26:45 am »
Isn't that where BaronVonGrumble goes?

Have fun, mate!  :)
The Deef's apprentice

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2013, 10:27:56 am »
Isn't that where BaronVonGrumble goes?

Have fun, mate!  :)

Never heard him mention that one, I believe he goes to the airfield down south somewhere a lot!
Some say...

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2013, 05:17:03 pm »
I'm really tempted with this one.  It'd be nice to get some novice time in.
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2013, 08:01:48 pm »
My funds are always questionable so if I do look into track days it has to coincide with relatively new tyres and I have to know its going to be dry otherwise I'm just pissing money up the wall.

That being said this is a 2.8 mile circuit for only £79, as far as track days go that's the cheapest you'll find for a whole day, I did silverstone south circuit (I think they call it the international now) that's 1.8 miles long and was about £100.
The circuit itself is quite wide, and its anti clockwise so you get more practice on your left turns!
I say go for it!
Some say...

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2013, 10:20:14 pm »
So....... update ?

Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2013, 08:29:02 am »
Cheapest track day going and it was brilliant, I have but one single complaint about the track and that is its flat, no hills or dips which is a shame, other than that its spot on, surface is aggressive which is good for grip with no untoward bumps to unbalance the bike anywhere.
As expected I was out gunned on the 1km straight but nailed them on the brakes (which I still need to improve on) and corners.

Although an anti clockwise track it has 2 fast sweeping rights and a not so fast but still nice other right hander,
3 chicanes, one of which is a fast left right followed by a fast left.

There's a couple of corners that until you have a vague idea of the correct lines really draw you in and before you know it gone way too deep into it.

Group 3 got red flagged due to crashes every single session.

The venue itself is decent, food was a good quality with petrol on site and not far from the track.

I will most definitely go again let me know if you decide to go!
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2013, 08:29:35 am »
Oh, and. Was allowed to use the gopro, footage will be up when I can source a pc!
Some say...

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2013, 08:34:00 am »
Thanks for the details, you're a valuable resource, the site is lucky to have your input.  :D

Looking forward your video's when you do them.  You on YouTube ?

I'll hope to go when I have a bit more experience, I don't want to hold people up or go too far out of my depth.

It would be nice to meet up, have a buttie and do a track day, it sounds awesome.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2013, 10:56:49 am »

I'll hope to go when I have a bit more experience, I don't want to hold people up or go too far out of my depth.

Get that way of thinking out of your head immediately,
Slowing people up/ being in the way is not your concern (similar to skiing/ snowboarding)
It is entirely the responsibility of the person coming from behind to pass you safely, either on the straight or on the brakes!
There were Middle aged women there happily pottering along enjoying themselves, we're they slow- hell yes, did they cause any problems- hell no.
Newbies have yellow vests and everyone respects and gives them plenty of room.
There are strict rules in place and anyone deemed to be riding like a twat and endangering others is simply told to leave!
Some say...