Date: 16-06-24  Time: 00:30 am

Author Topic: FZS 1000 - Any Interest?  (Read 5818 times)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
FZS 1000 - Any Interest?
« on: 08 May 2013, 03:32:01 pm »
Well due to an unexpected insurance issue (being 21, with a theft and a non-fault accident meaning that insurance was a lot higher than expected), I may have to sell my 2003 FZS 1000 in silver, in order to either pick up a cheaper FZS1000 with more miles/worse condition to save a few hundred quid so I can afford the insurance, or possibly even go for an entirely different bike (ones I've been thinking of at the moment are a CBR600F and a 2002 ZX6R (636cc))

So, is there anyone on here that's thinking of going for a FZS 1000 and wants to take mine off me?
Some details:
2003 model in silver, with just over 18k on the clock. Full service history and service book stamped up until the 16k service. Just had a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's fitted about 1000 miles ago so obviously in very good nick, and the chain and sprockets are in good nick too. Both mechanically and cosmetically its in very, very good condition (checked the exup valve a couple weeks ago and it's fine).

Added extras that will be on the bike: Matching silver bellypan and hugger. Fender extender. Crash bungs. Radiator guard, and a scorpion exhaust (nice and fruity). Apart from that it'll be as standard (bar a Taurus immobiliser) - (I'll be keeping the givi luggage set for hopefully another Fazer!)
Not entirely sure what to ask for it, but similar bikes on ebay are going for about 3.2-3.5k (and up to about 4k for dealers).

It's really breaking my heart to sell it as I've really started to bond with it now the decent weathers come about, but I simply need to free up some cash somehow, and this is the only way I can think of to do it!

Any questions, or if anyone wants any pics, let me know and I'll get some uploaded!

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: FZS 1000 - Any Interest?
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2013, 11:29:45 pm »
 :useless

Later

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2013, 01:13:39 pm »
Should also note I'd be happy to swap my 1000 for a 600 Fazer (really after a foxeye though) with cash my way!

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: FZS 1000 - Keep it, work harder to a get better ins. quote.
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2013, 10:05:08 pm »
Well due to an unexpected insurance issue
  • being 21, with a theft and
  • non-fault accident

• Your age and the thief will mean a higher premium thats a given.
  • But a non-fault accident does not count (ever) and any insurance broker that tries to load you for it not only taking the piss but breaking insurance regulations (and possibly committing fraud) and should be reported.
here is a quick breakdown of facts to help you lower that premium -
  • How many years no claims do you have?  - less than 2 does nothing 3 or more the better.
  • How long have you had a full motorcycle licence for? - again the longer the better, shows your skilled and experienced rider.
  • how long have you owned the the fazer for? - again the longer then better. This is IMHO a fucking joke, but if you have owned the bike less than a year the c*nts load your premium (for example the last 4 bikes I have owned have all bean FZS1000's over a several year period, but they tried loading my premium and I argued with the facts and got my premium reduced)
  • Whats your occupation? - this is a grey area and there is wiggle room on what description defines what job you do or wither you employed or not etc (the cheeky c*nts use any excuse to load you) and unless you work in a high risk job or the entertainment industry you can say you shift boxes in a supermarket because IMHO, it has fuck all to do with them.
  • Taking an advanced riding/driving test is all well and good, but not all brokers give a descent enough discount on your premium for it.
  • Dont pay monthly, paying the whole premium on one go is a simple way of reducing the cost.
  • What premium type are you trying to get? fully comp or 3rd party and theft?  - the latter is far cheaper.
  • Purchasing online can get you upto 15% discount.
  • And lastly as of Oct 2012 it is now illegal to base insurance premium on gender - so if a broker tries this bollox report them.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2013, 02:42:28 pm »
Come on guys, there's got to be someone out there who's after a beautiful FZS 1000, that needs for literally nothing just in time for the good weather?
If there is, send me a PM and we can see if we can sort something out!

carrier

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2013, 04:11:24 pm »
I've got a fzs 600 silver 2002... not very tidy though pm me if interested

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2013, 07:52:42 pm »
Re insurance mine went up after someone ran in to me as I'd been involved in an accident even though I was not at fault. Re 1000 looks very nice but as I only do 1k miles a year I struggle to justify the 600 I don't think the wife would be happy if I spent the holiday money on another bike sat in the garage.
Good luck
Andy

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2013, 08:16:41 pm »
Re insurance mine went up after someone ran in to me as I'd been involved in an accident even though I was not at fault. Re 1000 looks very nice but as I only do 1k miles a year I struggle to justify the 600 I don't think the wife would be happy if I spent the holiday money on another bike sat in the garage.
Good luck
Andy

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Swap it, she'd never even know!  :lol