Date: 17-06-24  Time: 14:17 pm

Author Topic: silly season,its started  (Read 21315 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
silly season,its started
« on: 07 May 2013, 11:46:37 am »
riding back from work yesterday i saw a sports bike rider coming the other way......trainers , shorts and a helmet.....nothing else  :eek

thats going to hurt when he comes off  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
Re: silly season,its started
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 12:19:34 pm »
Aye but thats up to him really innit?
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2013, 12:27:18 pm »
Aye but thats up to him really innit?
yep spot on tiberius, they say where there's no sense there's no feelin & its only gonna hurt him :'( :'( :'(   

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2013, 12:38:22 pm »
Wrong, I see these muppets in A&E all the time through the summer and it doesn't only hurt them, the list is long:

It hurts anyone who witness the devastation a 10 second slide on tarmac does to the unprotected body, horror movies do not come near it.

It hurts the NHS who have spend thousands of £s putting them back together when that money is needed elsewhere.

It hurts their family and friends who have to worry how they will cope with treatment such as skin grafts and then afterwards with disfigurement and associated psych issues.

It hurts them financially as they have to have time off work and may not get paid, or...

It hurts all other tax payers who have to support them as they can't work

It hurts every other motorcyclist when they come to renew their insurance as the deemed risk is higher

They are selfish, irresponsible idiots.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2013, 12:57:47 pm »
Streetbudgie, I agree with you, NO Gear, No Idea!!!  Yes its their choice but they dont give a second thought to any aftermath whatsoever. Even if I'm off to the shops its jacket and gloves for me everytime.

Buck

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 01:06:21 pm »
Wrong, I see these muppets in A&E all the time through the summer and it doesn't only hurt them, the list is long:

It hurts anyone who witness the devastation a 10 second slide on tarmac does to the unprotected body, horror movies do not come near it.

It hurts the NHS who have spend thousands of £s putting them back together when that money is needed elsewhere.

It hurts their family and friends who have to worry how they will cope with treatment such as skin grafts and then afterwards with disfigurement and associated psych issues.

It hurts them financially as they have to have time off work and may not get paid, or...

It hurts every other motorcyclist when they come to renew their insurance as the deemed risk is higher

Hey this topic's heating up, someone grab the fire extinguisher tsssss!!! :sun

I can see both sides here, i nipped round the corner yesterday 6am to get fuel & check tyres prior later ride out, first time just in shorts & t shirt, didnt feel safe,rode like a granny,wont do it again. :(

Appreciate the stuff youve seen streetbudgie but at the end of the day its not against the law so people doing it are perfectly entitled to the healthcare they've coughed up for.& if they're a biker they probably work & pay too much into the NHS already to cover all the mutants sponging the system who dont even ride bikes.

It's like folk saying that folk riding bikes shouldnt get treated coz they should have a car, & car drivers shouldnt coz they should drive a tank.

I also think red is generally right that it is a bit worrying that some folk dont care about their own safety but hey ive seen some bikers wearing all the gear & equally jeopardising their safety by doing stupid overtakes that mr shorts rider might not have done.

Its all about perceived risk i think.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2013, 01:12:13 pm »
well said STREETBUDGIE......the idiot did`nt even have a t-shirt on  :rolleyes 

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2013, 01:17:06 pm »
well said STREETBUDGIE......the idiot did`nt even have a t-shirt on  :rolleyes

Maybe he was combining riding whilst getting a tan :lol

& streetbudgie before you say it i know you werent advocating not treating these folk

We all have our pet hates

& 2 wrongs dont make a right

But honestly how many people have been on a bike, front or back, as a kid or a wife or a mate getting out for a pillion spin without wearing full PPE.

Id say most people have.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2013, 01:21:49 pm »

Nice one quite agree.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2013, 01:21:59 pm »
Do we recycle, smoke, eat processed food, use excessive electricity,  drive big gas guzzler cars, invest in defence companies, use loopholes to pay less tax, and any number of other things that affect any number of other people?

Nestle, Turners, Rio Tinto, Balfours, Coca Cola, Primark, Pfizer *insert big firm here* all affect MILLIONS of people (for worse) and we still buy their stuff regularly in one way or another. And we're not talking a bit of cash here or there or a bit of grief for a lost loved one, but displaced villages and peoples,  scores of people used as test subjects and death, prostitution, trafficking,  neglect, poisoning of homes and habitats and overall abuse of some type on an enormous scale. Real crimes against humanity.
I'm being obtuse here, I know, but only to illustrate that everything we do has a wide ranging effect on people all over the world.  And we are ignorant to the majority of the suffering as a result of western progress and news suppression.

Budgie, I don't disagree I really don't but at the same time, would you enforce that someone wear the leathers etc if given the chance?
What next?

"No Sir, motorcycles cost the state far too much in healthcare and paperwork so we are outlawing them altogether for the safety of everyone. In the back of the van please Sir."

We are known as organ donors by default in many hospitals no matter what gear you wear. All these people are still affected. Death is death whether you are a power ranger *ahem* or not and even the best leathers won't avoid a broken limb in many cases.

Smell ones mother. Yaas!

ponkster

• Weekend Warrior
  • Grumpy Old MF
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - VN 1500 P1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2013, 01:53:45 pm »
My pall thinks airbags should be replaced by a big metal spike that deploys if you crash to make us all avoid it at all cost - we could extend this theory to bikes !

It is strage home much safer people feel with a couple of mill of cow hide encasing them - mabee we should wrap everything in bubble wrap and not drive over 30mph

..... H+S pish!

ps I do have a set of leathers - but thats up to me - and it a kink thing!
"Don't Die with Fun in the Bank!"

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2013, 02:02:36 pm »
this guy was just smoking around town but even a low speed off is going to give him some painfull gravel rash,in particular on his unprotected hands....its just not worth it  :'(

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2013, 02:03:50 pm »
Woo-hoo! Tiberius Onklevart for Prime Minister!! You seriously need to get into politics brother!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2013, 02:06:32 pm »
I seriously don't
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2013, 02:23:19 pm »
I think most of us will have rode without the full gear on at sometime, me for one, but I'm of an age when you could ride without even a helmet, although I nearly always wore one.
I do ride in denim jeans in summer butI should invest in a pair of kevlar jeans. It is personal choice what you wear.

What amazes me is watching themon you tube doing stunts in shorts and T shirt.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2013, 02:29:17 pm »
I seriously don't
Or maybe not then ::)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2013, 02:33:35 pm »
this guy was just smoking around town but even a low speed off is going to give him some painfull gravel rash,in particular on his unprotected hands....its just not worth it  :'(

Ive had some serious damage just falling off my mountain bike so yep id dread to think.

Another point for thought,do leathers make you so uncormfortable that they make you more likely to crash?,i know racers obviously decided no, otherwise theyd all be wearing surf shorts but then they are racing & often do come off

A point above is that leathers make you feel safer, but they also make you sweat like a rapist ,you dehydrate & constrict movement, plus its awkward to take a piss & farting generates too much heat, granted you wouldnt wanna try & get yur knee down whilst wearing shorts though :lol  but then again they arent gonna stop you dying if you hit a tree.

Soon we'll all be getting slated for not wearing personal airbags

Ill keep wearing my leathers for now though,

Is it really horse in our burgers or is streetbudgie selling cheap biker meat to the abotoirs :rolleyes

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2013, 02:48:44 pm »
Appreciate the stuff youve seen streetbudgie but at the end of the day its not against the law so people doing it are perfectly entitled to the healthcare they've coughed up for.& if they're a biker they probably work & pay too much into the NHS already to cover all the mutants sponging the system who dont even ride bikes.

It's like folk saying that folk riding bikes shouldnt get treated coz they should have a car, & car drivers shouldnt coz they should drive a tank.

Sorry but this is tripe and exactly the selfish attitude displayed by bikers wearing no protection.

It's not against the law

No it isn't but neither is running full pelt against a brick wall head first - would you do that?

People are perfectly entitled to the healthcare they have coughed up for

I think the NHS should send out letters to idiots who say this and ask "Which life threatening injury or disease would you like so you can get your money's worth?"

You would think twice if you have a loved one's ambulance responding to 999 call for their heart attack delayed because they were dealing with a twat who fell off his bike and has multiple skin lacerations, which if he had been wearing the appropriate gear, he would have just got up and walked away from.

If they're a biker they probably work and pay too much into the NHS already to cover all the mutants sponging the system who dont even ride bikes

What?!! Why does being a biker mean you probably work?

I know unemployed bikers - and we all pay the same for the NHS, that's what your National Insurance is for and income tax is related to how much you earn.

Explain why bikers are more entitled to NHS treatment than anyone else? I can just imagine it "Sorry Sir, we can't treat little Brittany for Fried Chicken food poisoning because you're not a biker"

You want to ban people from using the NHS - start with fat bastards, then anyone with children because they're a proper drain on resources, then the old, as they're going to die soon anyway, oh and anyone with a terminal illness, it's only pain and inevitability after all.

It's like folk saying that folk riding bikes shouldnt get treated coz they should have a car, & car drivers shouldnt coz they should drive a tank

No it isn't, Car drivers have seat belts which are compulsory to wear, this is learned from our mistakes - seat belts save lives. Cars are now fitted with a multitude of life saving equipment, airbags, crumple zones, anti lock brakes - so why should bikers not be sensible and choose to minimize their risk?

If bikers can't choose to do that then they should be made to do that, bring on compulsory protective clothing

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2013, 03:05:02 pm »

Budgie, I don't disagree I really don't but at the same time, would you enforce that someone wear the leathers etc if given the chance?
What next?

"No Sir, motorcycles cost the state far too much in healthcare and paperwork so we are outlawing them altogether for the safety of everyone. In the back of the van please Sir."

We are known as organ donors by default in many hospitals no matter what gear you wear. All these people are still affected. Death is death whether you are a power ranger *ahem* or not and even the best leathers won't avoid a broken limb in many cases.

I'm not ignoring what you said about the global corporate destruction - I just don't think it's relevant to this conversation.

Car drivers are now legally obliged to wear seat belts and deaths from car accidents have lowered as a result of that.

If it keeps one biker out of A&E then yes, protective clothing must be compulsory, it's subsidized anyway. The truth is that a small off will put you in the hospital if you have no protective clothing, why wouldn't you wear it?

If you really want to avoid the banning or over restricting of bikes in any way then you should be advocating the compulsory use of protective clothing, more bikers in hospital = more reason to ban bikes.

Some bikers are known as organ donors, most are not as they wear the right gear and minimize their risk, a broken leg isn't always avoidable, but the queue of morons in front of you in A&E waiting for skin abrasions to be patched up is.

What about back protectors? Can't fit one of them under a t shirt, or elbow protectors, or knee protectors - they all can and do prevent broken bones.

Why does everyone keep going on about leather, all my gear is textile and CE approved as good as leather or better, none of it cost a fortune.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2013, 03:16:42 pm »

Sorry but this is tripe and exactly the selfish attitude displayed by bikers wearing no protection.

It's not against the law

No it isn't but neither is running full pelt against a brick wall head first - would you do that?

People are perfectly entitled to the healthcare they have coughed up for

I think the NHS should send out letters to idiots who say this and ask "Which life threatening injury or disease would you like so you can get your money's worth?"

You would think twice if you have a loved one's ambulance responding to 999 call for their heart attack delayed because they were dealing with a twat who fell off his bike and has multiple skin lacerations, which if he had been wearing the appropriate gear, he would have just got up and walked away from.

If they're a biker they probably work and pay too much into the NHS already to cover all the mutants sponging the system who dont even ride bikes

What?!! Why does being a biker mean you probably work?

I know unemployed bikers - and we all pay the same for the NHS, that's what your National Insurance is for and income tax is related to how much you earn.

Explain why bikers are more entitled to NHS treatment than anyone else? I can just imagine it "Sorry Sir, we can't treat little Brittany for Fried Chicken food poisoning because you're not a biker"

You want to ban people from using the NHS - start with fat bastards, then anyone with children because they're a proper drain on resources, then the old, as they're going to die soon anyway, oh and anyone with a terminal illness, it's only pain and inevitability after all.

It's like folk saying that folk riding bikes shouldnt get treated coz they should have a car, & car drivers shouldnt coz they should drive a tank

No it isn't, Car drivers have seat belts which are compulsory to wear, this is learned from our mistakes - seat belts save lives. Cars are now fitted with a multitude of life saving equipment, airbags, crumple zones, anti lock brakes - so why should bikers not be sensible and choose to minimize their risk?

If bikers can't choose to do that then they should be made to do that, bring on compulsory protective clothing

Pleased to meet you too Budgie.....here take this rattled cage & bag of tasty seed.

So you're enthusiastic about your job & im glad about that coz i dont really care for being treated by folk who cant be arsed.

If someone fell off their bike i'd be sad about it whether they were lacerated or not & i trust those at control to send their resources where they see fit as they are qualified & justified to do just that, if one of my relatives suffers a heart attack because they didnt keep fit & ate pasties every day but someone else is helped then i accept that whether im happy about it or not.

I never said dont treat the spongers any more than you didnt say you wouldnt treat bikers in shorts.

I also never said unemployed people couldnt ride bikes, i implied that spongers were less likely to ride bikes.

I think you should be made to wear a helmet whilst driving a car, not everyone, just you.it will minimise your chance of injury in a crash.

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2013, 03:26:04 pm »
just been up to the spar wearing t shirt troos and lid. rode back with a bag of frozen chips sitting in my crotch region. now THAT'S irresponsible :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2013, 03:30:16 pm »
just been up to the spar wearing t shirt troos and lid. rode back with a bag of frozen chips sitting in my crotch region. now THAT'S irresponsible :)

Buying from spar is irresponsible!!!! :eek

Have you checked the sell by date??? :\

Dont get me started on the chips!!!! :evil :evil :evil

When you cooking them???? :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2013, 03:33:33 pm »
ive had my fair share of hospital visits,not motorcycle related,and have paid my taxes and ni since leaving school,if i continue to be employed untill i retire i dont think i would have paid enough back to cover my treatment,on top of that my son was born with a hole in his heart and underwent heart surgery at the age of 5 to repair the hole,hes doing really well now,this treatment i consider to be my debt.....so the last thing the nhs needs is idiots limping into a&e with injurys that could have been avoided.....these idiots include smokers and the lazy over weight 

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 May 2013, 03:45:35 pm »
ive had my fair share of hospital visits,not motorcycle related,and have paid my taxes and ni since leaving school,if i continue to be employed untill i retire i dont think i would have paid enough back to cover my treatment,on top of that my son was born with a hole in his heart and underwent heart surgery at the age of 5 to repair the hole,hes doing really well now,this treatment i consider to be my debt.....so the last thing the nhs needs is idiots limping into a&e with injurys that could have been avoided.....these idiots include smokers and the lazy over weight

This topic is getting far too personal now.

Red thats a harrowing tale & i dont think anyone would wish to continue with the chance of offending the subject.

Dont forget drinkers, drug takers, skinny folk with high levels of visceral fat, folk that dont eat their greens,folk putting salt on their chips & folk that watch x factor :b

Modern living is detrimental to all our healths.

I dont understand how you feel you havent paid you're way & it's hard to prove or disprove but i reckon you have.its not your fault that the nhs like the millitary pays over inflated prices for all their kit.

& yes that guy in the shorts wasnt sensible.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 03:54:18 pm by noggythenog »

Raymy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2013, 03:56:02 pm »
Some bikers are known as organ donors, most are not as they wear the right gear and minimize their risk, a broken leg isn't always avoidable, but the queue of morons in front of you in A&E waiting for skin abrasions to be patched up is.
Why does everyone keep going on about leather, all my gear is textile and CE approved as good as leather or better, none of it cost a fortune.

Quote from: Streetbudgie on Today at 12:38:22 PM <blockquote> Wrong, I see these muppets in A&E all the time through the summer and it doesn't only hurt them, the list is long:

Methinks that will be why.

The reason I mentioned the global aspect is due to the fact that everything we do is affecting a whole lot more people than we would like to admit and by our buying it we contribute to the suffering. To cherry pick a biker with no textiles or leathers and say about all those people who would be affected is somewhat iffy if you have gold blend or pepsi in the cupboard.

So....fat bastards?

Where are we drawing the line then and who makes your list or worthy and unworthy, indeed, what is the criteria?

There's plenty of fat bastards around here, take thy judgement to them. No doubt you are friendly with some. Will you be vehemently insisting that they change their lifestyle to suit your ideal of a perfect NHS and vision of what it is there for? "Bacon? Get out of here, we only admit celery munchers at this establishment!!!"
Many of us are considered overweight and its as a result

Do you call someone an idiot for not having textile and CE armour on their trouser/shoes or whatever?

Like i say, I don't disagree with much of what you say, however i must question the way in which you say it. Apologies if this is antagonistic but you've came across very bitter here and I'm not sure its warranted</blockquote>
Smell ones mother. Yaas!