Date: 01-06-24  Time: 14:28 pm

Author Topic: Akrapovic race can  (Read 1267 times)

samsung

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Akrapovic race can
« on: 06 May 2013, 06:57:17 pm »
The Akrapovic carbon slip on race can i am looking at (not road legal)is offered for sale new at £320 +postage.Is that a good price or not?Mike did the slip on ivans mod a couple of years ago.I have got a road legal BOS can fitted at the present time.I would like to know the pro's and cons of riding with a Akrapovic can fitted,ie will i get pulled by the old bill etc. :rolleyes

chaparral02

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - DiamondBack Mountain bike
    • View Profile
Re: Akrapovic race can
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2013, 07:14:15 pm »
Yes the old bill can nick you if they wanted to for using a race can on road...

I no idea what the fine is on the mainland..
08 Graphite Grey FZ1 ABS..
Yoshi CF R-77 Full system, FCE, Ivans Flies, PC-V + Autotune Kit, DNA Aifilter & Airbox Mod, Speedo healer ,16T front gen1 sprocket,
Sargent front & rear seats, Fender eliminator, CA Intergated Rear Led, MRA Vario Screen , Givi mono rack & V46 topbox

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2013, 07:18:21 pm »
I have the titanium Akrapovic can on my Gen 1 (Race) and it is fine for noise due the volume of the silencer. They are well made and I have had no problems with mine and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Your only problem would be for MOT as they are marked not for road use. I ground and polished the wording out and have had no problems.

Oh yes chaparral is correct the old bill will nick you if you leave the wording on and can be funny if they don't find the BS or kite marks
« Last Edit: 06 May 2013, 07:20:46 pm by Tmation »

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2013, 07:23:10 pm »
Considering I paid 1099 notes for my road legal full Akra that is a good price for an endcan.
I won't buy 'race only' since being ticketted. The Bos is a good can though & the Akra is unlikely to see you gain any performance benefits.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2013, 09:26:36 pm »
Dek's absolutely right about the performance gains being negligible over the Bos can.  Save your cash and put it to something else, like fuel or tyres, or better still something to improve the suspension. :)

samsung

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 06:54:44 pm »
Many thanks for the input,I will be keeping the BOS can. :)