Date: 16-06-24  Time: 05:38 am

Author Topic: Handlebar Clamp Risers.....  (Read 1208 times)

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Handlebar Clamp Risers.....
« on: 25 March 2013, 10:15:01 am »
Bought these for my Renthal Flat bars just to give more clearance at the fairing and the tank. The product will raise your bars by 3 cms. They cost £20

I bought them on ebay but they are not listed there now. The company is a bike shop called Moto Tempo in Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. www.mototempo.co.uk.

The product is made by a company called Bike it.co.uk

First Impressions:

1. Well made product.
2. Fits Spot on. Slight negative would be that the product might be a universal clamp, so it's not flush fitting around the clamp area. The half-moon area is spot on and flush, though. When painted black to match the rest of my handlebar area, this won't be too noticable.
3. As you will see from the photos, it gives excellent clearance both on the fairing and on the tank. It also made the riding position more comfortable for me.
4. It also helps further to keep your throttle, clutch cable, and front brake hose away from the dash area.
5. Will enhance comfortability for touring to those with standard bars. So I would add a set to my kit if I tour with my bike or if I did high mileage day to day. They can be easily swapped back to the originals for those days that you want a sportier feel on the track.

So outside them not being totally flush fitting....and excellent product IMO.

I'll send the photos in two posts. Post one will have the product, the before and after clutch lever clearance, and tank clearance photos. Post two will have two shots of the clamps close up and an overall photo of the bars.

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Re: Handlebar Clamp Risers.....
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2013, 10:17:02 am »
more...