Date: 01-06-24  Time: 16:28 pm

Author Topic: Anyone sell a Fazer in Tonbridge Wells yesterday?  (Read 1201 times)

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Anyone sell a Fazer in Tonbridge Wells yesterday?
« on: 25 February 2013, 09:48:20 am »
My lad had his KTM on ebay. Put it on a buy it now of all things!!

Some one with a bad grasp of written English asked a couple of stupid sounding questions and pressed buy it now.
A couple of messages later and he is in Poland but coming over on a Friday morning ferry. Son tells him Friday no good, has to be Sunday so next thing you know it's a Sunday ferry. Alarm bells that were already in my head suddenly got louder, much louder and of course the bike isn't on ebay anymore.

Eventually they turn up. One guy speaking English. They turn out to be a nice couple of fella's, agreed the bike was good as advertised and handed over the cash :) you could have picked me up off the floor :lol

Turns out bikes are cheaper here and his Polish speaking mate was buying a couple of bikes to take home. Hence they already had a 58 plate Fazer6 on the trailer!

The trailer was a brand new two bike and it was superb. Only cost £400 in Poland. It would be more than double that here, so how come bikes are cheaper here?

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
Re: Anyone sell a Fazer in Tonbridge Wells yesterday?
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2013, 10:35:23 am »
Don't think they can import KTM into Poland, I sold an old 300 to a polish chap, Mercedes Sprinter full of bikes, and a car trailer on the back to..
Don't bullshit me, and I wont bullshit you.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2013, 01:52:48 pm »
i know Harleys are extortionate in Germany - my mate sold his Fatboy to a guy in Germany- he came over with a van and took it away.

Germans said they were picking up another 4 bikes in that one trip
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2013, 02:03:39 pm »
I part-ex'd a Street Triple for my Fazer, and the shop sold it to a French lad who came over and took it away.
In the Netherlands vat on any new cars/bikes/luxury items is 25%, so 2nd hand bikes keep their value, and the Dutch come over here to buy 2nd hand. Whilst the £ is at a poor exchange rate it will continue as bikes here seem as cheap as chips.
Around 1995/6 the UK shops were parallel importing from Europe when our exchange rate was so high.