Date: 23-06-24  Time: 20:50 pm

Author Topic: Got a NIP in the post  (Read 2003 times)

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
Got a NIP in the post
« on: 21 February 2013, 09:56:44 pm »
Unbelievable! I got a NIP for supposedly doing 35 in a 30 and I know it's incorrect so I have challenged it. I knew the 'cash cows' were out on the road so pootled along under the speed limit in the car. 25 minutes earlier I had been on that road giving my daughter a driving lesson so I knew where they were. To be fair I never speed in built up areas. My missus was in the car with me and we were actually discussing the 'cash cows' being on the roadside at this time of year so I was purposely watching my speed, as was she, so we both know I was sitting on 30.

I have requested the video/photographic evidence and asked to see the callibration certificates for the equipment. I suspect they will ignore my request and pretend they never got it. There is no way I was speeding and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Got a NIP in the post
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2013, 10:11:41 pm »
Too damn right, fight the system!  :evil

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2013, 10:27:49 pm »

Always send any mail recorded , and signed for, That way they cant  say they did not receive it. ;)
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Got a NIP in the post
« Reply #3 on: 22 February 2013, 03:34:35 pm »
Was there a vehicle comin the other way at the same time that could have set it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2013, 05:07:58 pm »
Bit harsh as they allow for 10% meaning you are only 2 mph over

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2013, 06:44:47 pm »
Lying bastards got me in 1991 with Vascar. 91.98mph in a 70 zone. Was absolutely convinced I was not speeding, but they said yes you were, and we are plod so you are guilty.
There was a bloke on another bike infront of me, doing the same speed, didnt pull him though :\
Saw the same bloke about 3 months later on the same bike. Turns out it was a Kawasaki z200, they do 72 mph flat out with a tail wind, off a cliff.
Too late by then...........
Fucking fucking fucking fucking shit fucking turd eating pair of cunts. Dont stop for plod anymore. Fuck em :D
Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

jon

• FOC-U Crucifixion Consultant
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CRF250L, Stage 1 tuned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2013, 07:51:54 pm »
Dont get me started on those lying corrupt target-driven wankers...

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2013, 08:42:02 pm »
+1 from me, got an appeal going on atm for illegaly parking in a loading bay in my work van while I was dropping off a document at gone midnight even though there is only a restriction between 07.00 to 19.00....Pricks. Then, driving towards Bank underground station the other night I noticed the police behind me at the traffic lights. I pulled away on green and held my speed at 30 mph, I noticed that they were holding back then sped up to close the gap. At the next set of traffic lights they pulled along side me and said I was speeding at 40 mph. When I said I wasn't they got verbally aggressive and threatened to take me to court if I wanted to argue. If my van had been fitted with a tracker it would have given me great pleasure to embarress them both in court but, both their words against mine, didn't fancy my chances so decided to wipe my mouth...leaves a bad taste I can tell ya.

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
Few years ago my mate was stopped for 50 in a 30 limit. He had just pulled out of a petrol station and was stopped 50 meters later.
He contested this saying it was impossible for him to be doing that speed in such a short distance and provided eye witnesses. He also challenged the calibration of the equipment as this was in the days when traffic cars calibrated equipment using "markers" at the side of the motorway and a stopwatch giving an element of human error.
Judge found in favour of the Police advising that there had not been an earthquake in Scotland strong enough to move the road markers  :\
Result..........12 month ban!