Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:47 pm

Author Topic: Unlucky Foccer  (Read 906 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Unlucky Foccer
« on: 15 February 2013, 11:19:18 pm »
Went to see a mate of mine tonight to catch up and play some drums in a new studio he's started teaching in, come out after and my bike is leaning on the back of a Corsa and knocked over on its side  :( . Police were surprisingly already there and the area is very busy at that time so there were a lot of witnesses who think they may have got the guys number plate. Apparently somebody in a big black jeep parked on double yellows next to my bike ( I was right at the end of the legal parking) then reversed straight into my bike and knocked it over, then got out, looked at it, was confronted by people from across the road, shouted and swore at them then sped off leaving my bike and the car it landed on.

Really, really pissed off and gutted the bike is 13 years old and was in fantastic condition. I'm only 20 and at college with a part time job so not made of money and now run the risk of having to pay my insurance excess and lose my 4 years no claims or just pay for it myself to get it fixed when I've just paid out for chain and sprockets and some other stuff... It's ride able but needs a new mirror which I already upgraded brand new for foxeye ones when I bought the bike, new rear right fairing, front fairing is damaged, stock exhaust muffler slightly scuffed and dented. It's stuff I can live with for now but has really annoyed me... Anyone have any similar stories or advice?

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Unlucky Foccer
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
Ah sorry man, same bad luck I had rencently but mine was my own fault.

Know what its like, but I think if you lookat all the big stuff, you may be able to repair the fairing bits to save some money.

Had somebody reverse into my car and drive off this morning, luckily my neighbour caught the number plate but its bloody outrageous!

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2013, 11:55:41 pm »
Shitty luck fella. Hopefully the guys over the road have the twats number plate?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2013, 12:02:44 am »
Yeah already reported it, bloody farce though, called 101, reported it, got a crime ref, and then the guy on the phone said go to a police station and report it.....

sat in the police station for an hour before I had to go!

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2013, 12:23:48 am »
alex, I kinda meant the OP, as you'd said you already had the plate...

As for telling the boys in blue though... a few years back, a tosser in a corsa decided he wanted my lane, the fact I was already there was irrelevant to him. Fortunately I was in the cage, and he bounced off - he didn't see fit to stop though. After a few choice words at the next traffic lights, I was convinced he had no insurance, so phoned the bobbies.

"Bring your documents into any police station"

Why the fuck would I have phoned you, if they weren't in order? The whole conversation was as if I was in the wrong. Respect, I don't think so. Never did bother going to see them.

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2013, 12:31:10 am »
Oh yeah, sorry! Teaches me to have 20 tabs open at once. Sleep time I think :)

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2013, 12:34:10 am »
Hope you get your shit sorted :thumbup