Date: 01-06-24  Time: 13:02 pm

Author Topic: Sad time  (Read 7370 times)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Sad time
« Reply #25 on: 20 December 2012, 07:20:44 am »
Nope, I'd probably make sure the suspenders were right, first ... then check out how she handles in oven gloves. :lol

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2012, 05:44:43 pm »
I am 59 and cant wait for the better weather to get back on the Welsh roads- best roads in the country
59 going on 57

tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 December 2012, 09:59:33 pm »
I am 59 and cant wait for the better weather to get back on the Welsh roads- best roads in the country
Never been to Scotland then? All roads are good when the suns shining, you are in the zone and your on a fazer..
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2012, 09:46:28 pm »
yes nothing better than driving in the zone. watch how you go. :rollin
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Bender

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Visit our Italian Yamaha official FazerClub Forum
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2013, 11:52:36 pm »

Don't be sad for the years that flow ! To stop them, unfortunately, there is only one alternative, and no one likes it...
My previous bike was a FZS600 and the day i went to take her home i said to my wife "well, don't worry, that will be the last of my life...". I was 38 y.o. at that time.
Before, i had a GSX600, a GSX400FWS Suzuki, a Honda CBX125 and some fiftys.

Now i'm 48 and  i ride a stunning FZS1000, bought after two ribs broken in a crash with the little FZS600. In my motoclub there are many seniors. The oldest is 73, and does ride curves like a 23 yo guy. Believe me, not a good idea dispose or sell your bike. Suddenly after, you would buy another. ;)
« Last Edit: 09 February 2013, 06:53:41 am by Bender »

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08 February 2013, 11:56:14 pm »
been there done that tried em all well most on me 5th fazer 1000 nowt to beat it in my opinion tick all the boxes
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2013, 05:25:21 am »
 :)   Hi There,

I find it funny (bit strange) that when we are quite young we want to be older, when we are a bit older we wish we were young again and when we get to be quite old (in our own minds only) we kind of brag about it  :lol

Keep the Bike, the Gen 1 is the best out there! Get her cleaned up and looking good again, regain the pride you should never have lost, ride it for fun when you want to, live your life every day, this sure ain't no rehearsal  :lol

Why do I post this stuff .. well me being the boring old fart that some may think I am (I don't care  8) ) .. I hope to influence the thinking of all and any out there who might be talking about being Old and giving up on Bikes. 

I started on Bikes in 1956, had over 50 bikes so far (lost count now) all sorts and everything.  I've now got more metal joints inside me than the Blackpool Tower (Galloping Arthritis)  Can't feel 99% safe trying to handle a big sols bike like I once did .. even more so when standing still.  I'm not completely daft .. so I reverted to three wheels (A One Off Special High Performance Sidecar Outfit, The Spanish Dancer  :b

Ridden Bikes all over the world, good adventures, best hobby, nice leisure time, international camaraderie and so on .. and my better half joins in too .. it helps with the petrol costs  ;)
My advice .. Keep the Bike (My Boy)   

Stay Safe.  Trev.  The Polar Bear  (Now in my 74th year and still dancing in the mountains, gasp, grunt, fart  :rolleyes )

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2013, 05:56:02 am »
Met a guy on a rideout the other weekend riding a BMW 1200 naked, I just sat down and we started talking about our bikes. It turns out that this guy had been riding since he was 16, and had no intention of giving it up. He said his dream was to get on his bike on his 100th birthday,and do 100 mph. He's got a while to go yet he was only 73!
Salt of the earth biker, every respect for him!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
Re: Re: Sad time
« Reply #33 on: 09 February 2013, 08:06:13 am »

Amen brother.
Don't bullshit me, and I wont bullshit you.

Tilts

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gas Gas EC300
    • View Profile
    • Dirtcadets.com
« Reply #34 on: 09 February 2013, 08:12:58 am »
Sounds like you may have other issues that need to be addressed first. If your having to sell to fund a different form of transport to get to work, due to years of riding in all weathers then fair enough, but if its purely because you think your to old, well, someone needs to give you a big hug, and a big slap on the ass and tell you to carry on enjoying life, to me, the day I physically can't ride a bike, is the day ill text the devil to pick me up. Hope you get your mojo back soon.
Don't bullshit me, and I wont bullshit you.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 February 2013, 11:06:18 am »
When I was a lot younger I rode all year round because I had no choice-couldnt afford a car & bus was infrequent & slow with a 30 mile round trip to work each day. I suppose if you have to economise & only have one means of transport then i can understand getting rid of your Fazer. But if its only because you think youre past it then maybe you should re-assesss your life.54 isnt old these days but if you get into the mindset then you will only travel one way-downhill!
Not many of my old biking buddies are still riding but I do get out with a few younger ones now & again and when you swing a leg over the faithful steed & push the start button-well the years roll back & with your visor down & the wind blowing who cares? Guess what im trying to say is Ride for Pleasure-every day is an opportunity to live life to the full. Good luck to you!