Date: 15-06-24  Time: 23:23 pm

Author Topic: Nitron Shocks  (Read 1212 times)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Nitron Shocks
« on: 10 October 2012, 08:27:20 pm »
My Gen 1 is now 8 years old, done 24k and scheduled to have the 'big' service with valves clearance done. I am also thinking about getting a Nitron Shock as the old one is now probably needing replaced sooner rather than later.
I am not sure which model of Shock will suit me best, I am 6'3" about 16st and my style of riding is pretty agressive throughout and only dry weather blast outs on the weekends with the odd longer trip thrown in. I have a jack up kit fitted, ivanised, slip on Mercury race exhaust, wide renthal 773 bars and down to a 15 tooth front sprocket.
Is there any advice on what model of Nitron shock I should be looking at that suits my biking style that will give me the best performance.
Cheers
BBB

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Nitron Shocks
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2012, 10:05:54 pm »
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR6666666666666666666666666666 Bit of a clue  :D

shameless plug http://www.devilsyam.com/R6%20shaock.htm
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2012, 10:55:59 pm »
I love my nitron top of the range, I got a free upgrade when they made a mistake on a service I had on it. As I wouldn't have splashed out on it.

They will make it right for your style and weight as will any good brand.
If money is no object then the hi/lo speed damping is nice to have but not needed realy.

But if I was to buy it again I would buy the mid range one and get the remote adjuster, for me its much better for real world use than the hi/lo speed damping.

It totally depends on your budget, anything is an improvement of a old worn out OE shock.
Tight on cash I love the idea of the r6 conversion idea

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2012, 07:17:07 am »
Because I wanted to replace like for like I got the Nitron Track Shock as it has the remote reservoir which the basic Sport shock doesn't. It was a huge improvement over the knackered original shock and is definately the best upgrade I've done on my Fazer. Having said that, if I were in your shoes I would probably go with the R6 shock conversion as you'd be spending considerably less money for pretty much all the same benefits.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2012, 09:53:02 am »
Was looking at the NTR Bike Sport version and can have it fitted for £360

tommyteeman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Husqvarna 701 sm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2012, 01:17:38 pm »
got that on mine, massive leap foward over the oe jobbie, cant compare it to the higher end shocks cause never fitted one. Just gave my riding weight and they set it up before sending, havent touched it since fitting, spot on for me. Looks nice and blingy too :)