Date: 01-06-24  Time: 17:17 pm

Author Topic: DL 650 hand guards  (Read 2188 times)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
DL 650 hand guards
« on: 10 July 2012, 04:21:08 pm »
Just ordered myself a set of the DL 650 handguards i know a few of you have used.
Couldnt seem to find a guide to fitting them but often mentioned is needing to modify them a bit.
Just so i know what im going to need when they arrive can anyone shed a little more light on it? or will it be one of those things that smack you in the face like a brick its so obvious when you see it lol

tomlinscote

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: DL 650 hand guards
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2012, 08:12:12 pm »
I had to fabricate little aluminium extensions to mine because they fouled the levers but someone else on this forum posted pics of a really neat job, just can't rember who it was, DOH!
They do work well though, in summer almost too well my hands now get hot!!! Maybe I should get some summer gloves!!

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2012, 10:19:15 am »
It'll be obvious when you set about fitting 'em, and nothing major to worry about.

What bars are fitted - may cause slight screen fouling on the LHS. Mine does, and I remove them just before every MoT

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2012, 12:28:50 pm »
Renthal 758's with the fuzzy mirror mod.
Though im off today to see if i can find anywhere with some 658's in stock and change them over today as im day off. trouble is cant seem to find anywhere local with them in stock :(

fazer69

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Tiger 800 xrx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2012, 02:50:29 pm »
Ive done pictures of mine on here somewhere, they need a bit of tirmming where they bolt on & the bar end of the guards need opened up a bit with a drimmel, for a good fit i finnished off with a heat gun, iam not to handy with spanners & it took meb 30 mins a side, if i can find my pics ill repost.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2012, 06:39:48 pm »
No prob, they arrived this morning so i had a go at fitting them.
It needed the hole opened up a little on the right hand side and on the left i trimmed it up to fit over the clutch switch. other than that it was a simple bolt on. not to keen on the bolts supplied with the kit (ok i know they are ment for the DL650 lol ) but they aint pretty. the fzs 1000 ones are a little short to get away with useing them.
will most likely keep an eye open for something better.

they do foul a lot before i get to full lock, this might be mostly down to having the fuzzy mod on the mirrors. bike is compleatly ridable but is a little restricted when moving it around tight spots.
the 658's might make a diff when i finaly get some.