Date: 16-06-24  Time: 02:39 am

Author Topic: HELLO FROM BOLTON - FZS1000  (Read 1740 times)

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
HELLO FROM BOLTON - FZS1000
« on: 02 June 2012, 10:25:17 am »
Hi all,
My name's Tom. I live in Horwich just outside Bolton (just around the corner from the well known biker haunt - Rivington Barn).

I've had about 40 bikes over the years and most of them have been Hondas, but mixed in there have also been Triumphs, Moto Guzzis, BMW's, Suzukis and even a brand new FJR1300. Yesterday, I walked into a dealership and bought me a 2007 Fazer Thou. It's actually the 2005 model but it wasn't registered til 07. I'll be picking it up in a week or so and I'm VERY much looking forward to it. I'm currently riding a CBR600 and love it (I've had four), but I just spotted this Fazer and thought "Mmmm, I've always fancied one of those", so I bought it.

I'm knocking on a bit now (53), so the upright position of the Fazer is probably much more sensible than the CBR's.  I'm looking forward to having 150BHP on tap and lots of torque. I bought a new CBF1000 in 2006 but found it to be very dull - the Fazer seems to have so much more "ooomph"!

Anyway, here's the only photo I have of the bike until next week (and then I'll be boring everyone to death with pix) lol.

MY WEBSITE...
http://www.mcqart.com
« Last Edit: 02 June 2012, 10:40:14 am by MadDogMcQ »
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

mcyoungy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO FROM BOLTON - FZS1000
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2012, 10:33:49 am »
Nice looking machine. Just don't expect CBR600 handling from it!

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2012, 03:11:28 pm »
Wow .. couple of interesting points in your post Tom . .  good web site too  :)  Welcome.

Bolton must be one of the most 'exotic' locations on the membership hideout list .. bit like Brum  :\

I am amazed if you really have found a 2005 FZS 1000 (Gen 1) that was sitting in a Dealers Shop for two years before registration  :eek  How did that happen .. two years is a long time.

The bike still looks very nice today  :b .. more or less Bog Standard. You are not so old yet son .. loads of time to get many more merry miles on that clock .. you can find all the help you might ever need in here .. just ask.

Enjoy yourself Buddy, Stay Safe  ;)    Polar Bear    (A Brummy in Spain)

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2012, 04:36:51 am »
The late registration thing is not that rare PB - I've seen it before on a few occasions. The bike (as you said) is bog standard and will pretty much remain that way apart from fitting SatNav and maybe some Renthals.

I very nearly bought a 2001 FZS from my cousin a couple of weeks ago but it only had one key and at the time, neither of us knew if Fazers had  chipped immobiliser keys like Hondas do, so I pulled out because generally speaking, new key sets and ECUs cost about a grand.

It turns out they don't, so I needn't have worried after all. To be honest though, I think my cousin was pleased because he liked the bike anyway and it certainly was a minter.
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!