Date: 23-06-24  Time: 03:02 am

Author Topic: Centre stand  (Read 5336 times)

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
Centre stand
« on: 28 May 2012, 08:10:28 am »
Hi all

Now that the good weather is here I'm finaly getting a few miles on my new to me,  08 FZ1n,and loving it. The only gripe for me is there is no centre stand which is a pain when it comes to washing the bike and chain maintenance. I don't want to go the paddock stand route as they are awkward to take with you !! so I am looking at buying a centre stand. Being a bit of a spanner monkey the questions are, Is this doable / easy to fit ?  And does anyone have one for sale ?

Many thanks
Russ

Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Centre stand
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 12:44:58 pm »

very easy to fit, line up one bolt and get it through then use some leg power to line up the second bolt against the spring tension.... should be a 5 minute job.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZ1-FZ-1-FZ1N-FAZER-1000-CENTRESTAND-CENTRE-MAIN-STAND-SPRING-/320906608042?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4ab7863daa

i powder coated mine, it chips off a little at the very bottom but it's a stand at the end of the day...
is it clean enough?

slap

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - XS750 & GS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 09:55:41 pm »
Sorry to jump on this link, but I am also interested in fitting a center stand to my FZ1-N ABS, but have been told an ABS model can't have a center stand is this correct or has my leg been pulled... I also have a Akrapovic end can which may hinder the stand.
Does any one have similar & fitted a stand?
..is that it...?

taksi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2012, 10:13:15 am »
Shoudn't be a problem. My '58 plate gen2 has a centre stand and a full Akro and is bob on. Couldn't do without it.

Taksi
Taksi

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2012, 08:26:41 am »
Thanks peeps, I'll get it sorted after the springmeet. If anyone has one in good condition for sale let me know please.

Cheers

Russ
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2012, 09:15:17 am »
Can see the reasoning for not factory fitting centre stands to out & out sports bikes in interest of weight saving but for Fazers which are used for everything from scratching to touring! To me its exploitative greed by Yamaha. Do you know what the list price of a centre stand is? Its pure cost cutting /hidden price increase. The cost of fitting @ factory is minimal & would allow purchasers of new bikes the option of using or removing.  :rolleyes

slap

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - XS750 & GS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2012, 08:01:06 pm »
Hi all thats interested, I have today (08/06/12) fitted a center stand to my ABS model FZ1 bought from everyone's favorite site 'EBAY' for a princely sum of £40.00.
I came off a none ABS model. I have to fit the 'off-side' bracket to the bottom of the bike frame which involved removing the small ABS wire retaining bracket which was bolted into the holes needed for the bracket. Once Stand & bracket was fitted I simply cable tied the wires to the new bracket fitted. Hardest part of the job was attaching the spring. Will have to look at fabricating a new stop for the center stand when not in use as it now rests on the suspension linkage as the rubber stop is now in mid air as I have the Akra Chimney instead of the standard. Oh I also had to source a couple of M10 x 1.0 pitch bolts 30mm long for the offside bracket. You can also get these off of 'EBAY' pair of stainless ones will be about £3.00

Hope this helps anyone...??
..is that it...?