Date: 15-06-24  Time: 22:52 pm

Author Topic: looking for a suitable single headlight HID  (Read 759 times)

Tiercel

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
looking for a suitable single headlight HID
« on: 02 April 2017, 01:59:48 pm »
Whilst Im still sat around unable to ride, I may as well start putting my time to productive use and start thinking about how Im putting the Fazer back on the road.

The front fairing is smashed to bits. And lets face it the standard lights on the boxeye are crap anyway. Silver lining to every cloud and all that, its a blank canvas for upgrading. Im going to naked it and put a single headlight on it. But I want something that gives a decent amount of light compared to the stock lights, and will pass an MOT.

Theres so many different types of "universal" headlight out there, and they all look like bargain basement Chinese ebay jobbies that will undoubtedly either not work, suck, or fail an MOT.

Instead of "universal" should I be looking at a particular bike that does naked headlights well? I do like the look of an FZ6n single headlight, but dont know if I want to spend £150+ on one.

Ideally Id quite like to do an HID or LED upgrade too because I love how they look, but I know next to nothing about HID, the regulations regarding aftermarket ones and MOTs etc, I know Ill need to get some sort of projector for it to pass an MOT(?), but dont know what I need and what will fit. There seems to be plenty of LED/HID headlight units out there already but they all look crap, aimed at Harley riders or Chinese junk that will fall apart/catch fire.

So has anyone got any recommendations for a suitable headlight that fits what I need? Or a list of what I'll need to make an HID/LED work?  Preferably round, or similar, I dont like the look of square/rectangle headlights.

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a suitable single headlight HID
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2017, 04:24:35 pm »
You can get good copies of the old rd lc headlight. Heard many a good thing about them and far cheaper than some of the rubbish you see on ebay
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a suitable single headlight HID
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2017, 05:20:55 pm »
Bandit go to be easy enough to get and simple to mount
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!