Date: 01-06-24  Time: 11:56 am

Author Topic: STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner  (Read 8754 times)

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2017, 09:30:17 pm »
Now you're just being an argumentative twat, which I presume was your sole intention in the first place.

Well it wasn't, a counter explanation on why you think your bike needs magic potions to run properly was all i expected not arguement.
 Why the offensive perjorative? How old are you?

Has it ever occurred to you that if someoneone had a clogged jet for instance they may not have the skills, tools, time, shelter from weather, or money to give to a mechanic to sort things out, but lo and behold, for a now bargain priced £7.50 the STP Cleaner may just sort them out, and by simply just riding the bike as normal?
I don't s'pose any of that crossed your mind really?

No it didn't, which is why i was interested in your reasons for using it. Thank you for your reply, it makes sense, why didn't you post this reply in the first place rather than the ill tempered and foul mouthed diatribe you came out with.
 The reason I don't use additives like STP is because I've never had any problems with symptoms that indicate a clogged fuel system. Maybe you should use a different petrol station, ask yourself how impurities are getting into your engine in the first place, although i would doubt there really is any.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 January 2017, 10:34:09 pm »
Now you're just being an argumentative twat, which I presume was your sole intention in the first place.

Well it wasn't, a counter explanation on why you think your bike needs magic potions to run properly was all i expected not arguement.

Has it ever occurred to you that if someoneone had a clogged jet for instance they may not have the skills, tools, time, shelter from weather, or money to give to a mechanic to sort things out, but lo and behold, for a now bargain priced £7.50 the STP Cleaner may just sort them out, and by simply just riding the bike as normal?

No it didn't, which is why i was interested in your reasons for using it. Thank you for your reply, it makes sense, why didn't you post this reply in the first place rather than the ill tempered and foul mouthed diatribe you came out with.
 The reason I don't use additives like STP is because I've never had any problems with symptoms that indicate a clogged fuel system. Maybe you should use a different petrol station, ask yourself how impurities are getting into your engine in the first place, although i would doubt there really is any.
Not that I want to start this up again but contempt breeds contempt and with all due respect your reply to darrsi's original post was a little on the shitty side hence I would suspect his reply.
Just saying what it looked liked to me.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2017, 07:16:44 am »

Let's just clear this up.
You were not "interested" to know why i use this product, you commented simply to put it down and say it was"snake oil".
If you've never had problems then that's just fine with me, good luck to you.
I get ill tempered and foul mouthed when someone attempts to patronise me and my attempt to point others in the direction of a simple bargain of a product that they will still use in the future, as i will, but is currently half the price. It's what people do, they help each other.
Now, as you say you don't use it, why are even having this "debate"?
It wasn't a debate i was after,it was a straight forward point in the right direction, and buy it or don't buy it, it's really not a problem if you don't, as it's not me selling it.
As for impurities in my engine, i do short journeys, most days all year round, the bike is for commuting purposes. So there's that small chance i could and probably do get deposits left in the system over time.
And d'ya know what, rather than me stripping my engine down with time that i haven't got i've found this novel way of given the insides a clean up using this additive at high strength by running it through a full tank of fuel.
My personal view, it works fine for my bike, no harm done, it's not breaking the bank, even more so now as the gear is half price, maybe it is a placebo effect but no i don't have photos of the inside of my engine to prove any real results, but then you have none to prove otherwise either, so we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
In future though may i suggest if you want to discuss or debate something that you take a more subtle approach, rather than just prodding me with a stick, 'cos i will bite.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2017, 07:57:12 am »

If you don't want it then don't fucking buy it you whingebag, nobody's forcing you are they???
Crikey, I try and do people a favour with stuff I've used over the years, and due to my short commutes I've found it to clear up any throatiness my bike has developed over time.
If you don't believe me, then I couldn't really give a shit, I'm not spending your money!

So, I see, you want to use this forum as a noticeboard for your own personal proclamations and those who don't agree with you can expect an infantile response.
 I thought forums were for discussion, I merely stated why I don't use this stuff (and by the way, most of us don't) and the reasons why.
 Doing people a favour? Well, saving them money is a favour too.

All you've done is slag the product off, most likely without even ever trying it no doubt, which is your choice, and have indirectly hinted that it's totally useless.
Well i think you're talking bollocks, that's my opinion.
And great, you don't use it, bully for you, but that doesn't make anyone else an idiot for giving it a go does it?
You weren't discussing, you were sniping.

Using STP just for the sake of it is like taking chloroquine every day just in case that cough you have is 'probably' malaria.

Coughing is not a symptom of Malaria......... Just saying.......... :thumbup

There an old saying and that is 'Nobody likes a smart arse' me I love smart arses. He he <<<< that was a laugh not a cough. No malaria here.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2017, 08:00:28 am »
:lurk

Agrees with Skipper, this I'd better than the movies.  :lurk :uhuh

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 25 January 2017, 09:45:02 am »
Totally agree with darrsi If someone wants to put additives in their fuel why shouldn't they ? Surely it's their bike their money and their choice and all darrsi was doing was putting it out there that he does and it's half price at the mo and it works for him, I'm not mechanically confident enough to dismantle carbs and I'd think about it to help my fuel system If it saved a few hundred a quid for a mechanic to do the work Like mtread said let's go back to arguing about politics , it's sooooo much more fun  :D

Yes it's up to you to waste your money if you want, I'm not stopping you. But new riders read this forum and as an engineer who has worked on hundreds of marine engines (replacing some injectors this morning in fact) I feel that i probably have a reasonably valuable opinion on what you put in engines - and what you don't put in engines.

As I said before, just use BP Ultimate if you must.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 January 2017, 11:02:38 am »
Totally agree with darrsi If someone wants to put additives in their fuel why shouldn't they ? Surely it's their bike their money and their choice and all darrsi was doing was putting it out there that he does and it's half price at the mo and it works for him, I'm not mechanically confident enough to dismantle carbs and I'd think about it to help my fuel system If it saved a few hundred a quid for a mechanic to do the work Like mtread said let's go back to arguing about politics , it's sooooo much more fun  :D

Yes it's up to you to waste your money if you want, I'm not stopping you. But new riders read this forum and as an engineer who has worked on hundreds of marine engines (replacing some injectors this morning in fact) I feel that i probably have a reasonably valuable opinion on what you put in engines - and what you don't put in engines.

You kind of omitted the fact that you're an engineer, which would also explain why you have no qualms in stripping engines down, with the training/ experience, access or ownership to all the correct tools and no doubt a lovely workshop with every facility you could ever possibly need at your instant disposal.
Not everyone has that luxury unfortunately.
By the way, I'm not knocking it, I'm quite jealous actually.  :\

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 January 2017, 11:18:11 am »

You kind of omitted the fact that you're an engineer, which would also explain why you have no qualms in stripping engines down, with the training/ experience, access or ownership to all the correct tools and no doubt a lovely workshop with every facility you could ever possibly need at your instant disposal.
Not everyone has that luxury unfortunately.
By the way, I'm not knocking it, I'm quite jealous actually.  :\

The engine has been underwater for a fortnight and is stinking out the workshop. You wouldn't have envied me yesterday slopping out the mud and rotting weed from the engine bay, lol.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 January 2017, 11:56:21 am »
Not trying to stir the pot but what exactly is in BP ultimate that cleans the engine? What is the Active technology that is meant to do this? Is it just not their version of " snake oil "?
Opinion seems to be divided as to whether it does anything at all with some people claiming more mpg and better running and others saying that they have not noticed any difference except costing more to fill up!

Kenbob

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 January 2017, 05:44:22 pm »
I bet the dreaded ethanol  has caused quite a few problems in the fuel system of many a bike, especially one stored incorrectly over winter or not used that much so that degradation can occur in fuel lines.
Just a thought.

Wharfe

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 January 2017, 01:18:06 pm »
I thought STP was a political party.  :lol

No,no,no, its a disease that people who are lucky enough to have a sex life catch.

So - let me get this straight - this stuff WON'T do diddlysquat for my fuel system, but it WILL get me laid? For £7.50? I'll take two...  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 January 2017, 08:10:07 pm »
Are they pro Brexit ??
For FOC sake don't get VNA involved and started as well
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 January 2017, 09:04:12 pm »

No,no,no, its a disease that people who are lucky enough to have a sex life catch.

So - let me get this straight - this stuff WON'T do diddlysquat for my fuel system, but it WILL get me laid? For £7.50? I'll take two...  :lol

Iv'e been told you shove the whole lot in in one go. I'm gunna get me £30 worth, with the frequency of my sex life that should last till my toes go permanently vertical. :lol

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 January 2017, 06:51:52 am »
Darrsi, *wispers*  shhhhhh don't tell anyone...... I've put it in my engine before....... I might even buy  some at the reduced price....... cheers for letting me know. :thumbup
« Last Edit: 27 January 2017, 06:52:25 am by HarryHornby »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 January 2017, 11:28:10 am »
Darrsi, *wispers*  shhhhhh don't tell anyone...... I've put it in my engine before....... I might even buy  some at the reduced price....... cheers for letting me know. :thumbup

Best to look online first and see what shops have any in stock.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 January 2017, 07:05:59 pm »
Are they pro Brexit ??
For FOC sake don't get VNA involved and started as well

:lol

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 January 2017, 07:18:27 pm »
Does anybody know where I could buy some Snake Oil and is it expensive

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 January 2017, 07:43:47 pm »

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 January 2017, 10:30:29 pm »
never mind snake oil, what about snake milk?

have you ever milked a snake :eek
fire never sleeps

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 January 2017, 09:28:34 am »
I've met many a snake milker in my life, They tend to ride or drive BMWs 🤔😉

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 28 January 2017, 12:56:56 pm »
Got me a clogged pilot jet at the moment. I'm gonna get a bottle and give it a go,what's 7. 50 in the grand scheme of things.  I'll report back when I have some findings
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

darrenc

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28 January 2017, 08:02:20 pm »
Hope it sorts it out Toady

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28 January 2017, 08:30:47 pm »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 January 2017, 04:28:43 pm »
I've got the album....its VG
still think Copperhead Rd is the best track.................."I learnt a thing or two from Charlie don't ya know"
fire never sleeps

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 February 2017, 04:03:12 am »
Got me a clogged pilot jet at the moment. I'm gonna get a bottle and give it a go,what's 7. 50 in the grand scheme of things.  I'll report back when I have some findings

And it worked a treat,I'll definitely purchase  and use it again if  the  need arises
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that