Date: 01-06-24  Time: 14:45 pm

Author Topic: how do I get back to mobile version of the site ?  (Read 845 times)

Carter

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - DT200WR
    • View Profile
how do I get back to mobile version of the site ?
« on: 15 June 2016, 09:14:44 pm »
I've managed to get on to the full site somehow but need to get back to mobile version to save data as I use phone for interweb.
Being a Luddite I'm a bit lost . Any ideas please ?
Cheers
Nick.
Rust never sleeps !

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: how do I get back to mobile version of the site ?
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2016, 10:58:13 pm »
Nick,
your on your phone but logged on to main site I presume?

Go to home (topleft)
Then scroll down keeping to left hand side where you'll see moderators etc below that there's a section, hard to describe but it's where you can change how your page looks when you sign in, you want the bottom one that says SMF 4 mobile or similar then underneath that option it has a tick box for permanently, obviously tick that then press apply.  voila you should arrive back in mobile land.

Oh BTW, it's irrelevant if your on full site or mobile site regarding your data, that's a WiFi issue :lol

And he reason you keep going to the full site is as when it's on mobile site you hit the button at the bottom of the screen that says "go to full site"
(Don't ask how I know that!) :rolleyes

Good luck fella.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2016, 11:04:25 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Carter

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - DT200WR
    • View Profile
Re: how do I get back to mobile version of the site ?
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2016, 05:28:19 pm »
Thanks Sinto, that seems to have done the trick, I'd accidentally tapped the full site button thing.
It's not the same style of page as it was originally but at least I know how to chop and change now.
Thanks again
Nick.
Rust never sleeps !