Date: 28-04-24  Time: 19:45 pm

Author Topic: New fazer owner  (Read 1488 times)

RichieC

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
New fazer owner
« on: 14 December 2015, 10:07:37 pm »
Hi, I was offered a 98 fazer that a friend had taken in px against another bike for the Balance it owed him, which wasn't a lot, after umming and aaghing I bought it, it needed a new battery and I took it for an mot and it sailed through, after charging about on old zed thous and the likes for years I was not sure I was going to like it, but I can honestly say I'm pretty amazed at its performance and handling, I've fallen in love with a paltry 600!! I think a set of renthals and progressive fork springs and a aftermarket rear shock should make it a very nice capable back lane scratcher

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: New fazer owner
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2015, 10:19:36 pm »
Another convert  :) FZS600 all the bike you need. Does everything. Hagon rear shock and progressive springs are plenty good enough if you are on a budget.

RichieC

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2015, 12:21:59 pm »
I'm just interested to find out what can be done to these little gems, I've already found out that horsepower vs crap chassis doesn't work in past projects, I will take onboard what others have tried and go from there

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2015, 01:58:33 pm »
Oh, and add a pair of Pilot Road 3s = wet or dry

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2015, 12:33:32 am »
Welcome to the forum  :)

I'm just interested to find out what can be done to these little gems, I've already found out that horsepower vs crap chassis doesn't work in past projects, I will take onboard what others have tried and go from there

I have to say the Fazer is so good you may just ride it and do nothing  :)

There are few mods people do like dual headlight or xenon, better suspension, rear brake from Fazer 1000.
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2015, 12:36:55 am »
.....or bin it and get a litre ...."all the bike you'll ever need lol) midden has od'd on the fukin bacon again hehe
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

RichieC

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2015, 12:01:36 pm »
The bike has a new set of  bridgestones on so I will see how they fair up, always confidence inspiring on my old zthou, so far no probs, must admit though I'm a bit behind on the choice of tyres around at the min, lots of B roads and country lanes where I live so a 600 is plenty at the min but may think about a thou in the future, my Tl 1000s put paid to my gung ho style on the big bikes lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2015, 11:50:23 pm »
Nah you don't want a Fazer thou. They spend all their time in the yard under a tarpaulin  :rolleyes