Date: 01-06-24  Time: 18:57 pm

Author Topic: Shit for brains  (Read 3934 times)

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
Shit for brains
« on: 18 September 2015, 02:57:18 pm »
O.K., going in for back surgery in two weeks. For the hell of it, put my bike on Craigslist. Had some morron email me all kinds of interested.... looking for me to "give" the bike to him. When I told him the price is what the price is, I get this email....

$4K for your bike is comical.  I WILL pass on your bike.  So will everyone else.  You value it more highly than anyone so YOU should [no you will] keep it.  I have various bikes lined up at this point from FZ1's to R1's to GSXR's and the season is OVER.  01-02 GSXR1000's can be had in the $3000 ask price or less range.  That is with full bodywork and far more performance believe me when I tell you I know cause I rode one for 100K+ miles before an F150 decided to like it more than I liked it.  They can be had reasonable and I have full aftermarket suspension on the shelf waiting for that purchase.... This summer was a short season when rain was considered and now it's OVER.  Done.  Now.... the market is mine cause nobody else is stupid enough to buy now and most of them have no funds and no storage space.  Correct?  YES.  Now.  I have bikes to ride now and I have funds to spend now.  OR NOT.  Yes I do ride the bikes I already have, so no hurry on buying a low tech, budget bike FZ1.  I hate to bust your silly ass bubble but the Gen 1 FZ1 is a budget bike built to a price point.  I know this better than anyone. I owned an 01 for about 7 years and 75k miles. Its built to a price point.  It performs reasonably at that price point but if you overpay for an FZ1 you are a FOOL.  Look at the frame.  It's a flex steel heavy stupid frame.  It's low tech cheap stuff.  Brakes low tech stupid basically.  Any R1, GSXR, RSVR, ZX, CBR has a better, stiffer, lighter, more attractive frame.  No contest.  Looks.  I mean really>?  No contest.  FZ1 looks like shit... your color sheme in particular looks like shit although it could be argued the silver looks even worse.  It looks plain stupid in the company of any modern motorcycle.  There is no bodywork... cause it's CHEAP.  There is a conventional fork that wears itself out due to stupid design with aluminum stanchion and steel bushings working on the aluminum.  You better change them bushings and that oil every 8k miles or so or you will have damage to the forks.  Did you do it? In the meantime, the forks are not as stiff and flex where upside down forks DO NOT flex and do not wear out due to poor design. I learned the hard way.  Not by not changing the oil but by not changing the bushings with every oil change.  It's a bad design and if you don't maintain it meticulously you will have wear and then you will have play front to back on your forks cause the steel bushings have worn material out of the aluminum fork stanchions.  I know this cause I experienced it.  Go ahead at 12K miles and put it on the center stand, have some gal sit on the back so the forks are up in the air and see if you have play front to back.   If you did not stay on these you probably DO.  NOW... replacing those stanchions is $$$.  The looks.  Why would you pay $4K for such an ugly when you can buy various R1's from 99-2003 vintage to include fuel injected bikes for no more or even less?  I can buy an 02 R1 right now great shape $3100 his offer come get it.  Come get it why???  Bike is worth $2000 to me so no sale till he realizes what it's worth.  It has 28K miles so more than likely tranny wear cause most are TOO LAZY to use the clutch.... "Oh, it hurts my hand to clutch every shift... so I just shift without it.  LOL.  Oh!   OK.  Keep it.  Ba ha.  He might well change his mind in November/December/January etc....  I will be there.. the ONLY buyer.  LOL  Lets get back to your FZ1.  It has good headlights.  Agreed?  Of course not... you don't ride at night.  LOL  It does have great headlights especially with the 80/100 watt bulbs put in place.  But the R1 headlights are the same.  LOL  No advantage.  It has flex handling compared to any vintage R1 cause it's built with a cradle steel frame to be inexpensive.  R1's sold for more when new and sell for less now.  Why... cause stupids like you are asking nonsense prices for your FZ1's.  Sorry to be so frank. I can buy a Gen II FZ1 with lower mileage than yours for what you are asking for yours.  LOL.  Truth.  With the R1 you get lighter, faster, better looking, and cheaper for what you get.  Even if you spend say $200 more you get SO MUCH MORE.  And you are a comfort kit away from having FZ1 comfort.  Just my opinion.    I do know FZ1's, I owned mine for 7 years and it was 75K miles of use on that one alone not to mention the others that I ride constantly.  Yes I ride and I can ride.  Around you and the rest too.  YOU CAN KEEP YOUR  BIKE.   LOL   For the stupid ass money your asking I will buy a newer R1 with similar mileage, better suspension, performance, looks, forks etc...  I will not be buying micro bores ANYTHING.  I deal with privates not dealers.  Dealers charge ridiculous prices for average merchandise because they have overhead to pay for.  I pay what things are worth to sellers who need to sell.  I buy now when there are no other buyers.  Is your phone ringing off the hook with buyers for this bike?  If so, please do contact all the other sellers of FZ1's across NYS, Michigan, Ohio, PA etc.. and there are a shit plenty bunch of FZ1's available and I have bikes right now offered at $2k on Gen 1 FZ1's.  I have a guy will sell me his 01 FZ1with 3300 miles for $2400.  The bike is mint but he cut the rear fender too much, changed the turn signals, footpegs etc... and so I will have to screw around taking that back to stock they way it should have been left.  LOL  How many miles on your bike again?  Been through the forks?  The rear suspension linkage?  EXUP valve I surely hope cause they are a PROBLEM and need CONSTANT maintenance which you probably never did you were so busy washing your bike LOL It is clean.  Your bike is worth maximum what NADA shows for trade in value.  It is.. of course.. SEPFUCKINGTEMBER=STOREITALL WINTER season.  LOL  WATHEFUCKEVER KEEP YOUR BIKE YOU VALUE IT MORE HIGHLY THAN >>>>> ANYONE <<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No offense but I have plenty of perfectly good bikes myself that are worth basically nothing.  So I keep them and ride them and whatever.  I don't even waste time trying to sell them cause they're worth more to me.  You are trying to sell yours so you need to get real.........  The bikes 12 years old and bikes that sold for much more are selling for less than what your asking now.  But you could get comfortably with it and get cozy all winter cause you will at your unreasonable ask.  I'm probably gonna go R1 02-03 cause they have the fuel injection, better frames, looks, and they are available low mileage reasonable.  It's like having an ugly woman.  You can do that but you wouldn't want to pay top dollar for her.  And how do you reasonably justify when your friend got a much hotter gal and she can do everything your ugly can do and cost NO MORE.  I will give you $2300 for your bike.............................................   Only reason being as I have a penske shock, a rear rack with cargo box, Ivan carbs, a basically new chain/sprocket from my deer hit wreck, and I have a TOLERANCE for the ugliness.  Well, no... you can keep it because you >should< .  Anyone ever delt with a twat like this?

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Shit for brains
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2015, 03:12:16 pm »
That made my eyes bleed.

I'd probably send him a photo of a cock and note on it that's looking in a mirror

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2015, 03:18:45 pm »
To think I was nearly going to buy one of those horrid bikes! Good job I read that good factual report first.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2015, 03:21:16 pm »
Nope. Negative. Have not dealt with such moron yet  :rollin :rollin

But I know what I would do.

Tell him you have seen the light, apologise politely for the high price and say you have decided just to give off the bike for free.

Arrange a meeting in Point Barrow, Alaska for him to pick off the bike for free  :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Barrow

http://seaice.alaska.edu/gi/observatories/barrow_webcam
« Last Edit: 18 September 2015, 03:26:31 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2015, 03:23:24 pm »
Fookin ell...i thought i could type....i feel sorry for the handfull of prescription drugs he has just snorted through his asshole sideways whilst tossing himself off to R1's
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2015, 03:35:46 pm »
Fookin ell...i thought i could type....i feel sorry for the handfull of prescription drugs he has just snorted through his asshole sideways whilst tossing himself off to R1's

I'm seriously worried by your replies Noggy - a prior college life maybe  :lol

You do crack me up though and now ive got a friggin vision of a dick head lying on his side, next to a bike bay with his trousers round his knees - thanks  :rollin
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2015, 05:54:02 pm »
Do you have his email address
If so post it on every forum you can and get everyone to bombard him
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2015, 07:16:54 pm »
What a knob    :rolleyes
One, is never going to be enough.....

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2015, 09:17:40 pm »
[size=78%]lloh h[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]oh hell, noggys long lost brother has reared his head[/size]
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 September 2015, 09:18:42 pm »
I guess after all that, he doesn't want to buy your bike then.... :rollin
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 September 2015, 09:19:03 pm »
[/quote

Try again,,,foocin hell, has Noggys long lost twin reared his head ?

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2015, 09:24:37 pm »
Just email him and say,

I am very very sorry that my price offends you so much, that you felt it necessary to have to write such a long , but very interesting email.
However I do believe that only a complete idiot with absolutely nothing else to do would go to the trouble of writing such an email.
I could not in all honesty consider selling my bike to such an imbecile who takes such offence to my price and then proceeds to insult me.
I would in all honesty suggest you keep taking the tablets and return to your psychiatrist as it is obvious you are not on the correct dosage.
Now fuck off and annoy somebody else who might give a shit.

Best Regards

:lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 18 September 2015, 11:59:01 pm by unfazed »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2015, 09:28:08 pm »
It sure is afunny letter,good bits,,he must of been pissed or high,,

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2015, 11:24:43 pm »
Bollocks tried to do spell check on knob heads rant. My money says he has been sexually abused as a kid.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2015, 04:31:35 pm »
Well the puzzling part is, why the frig contact me about buying her if they're such a piece of shit? Plus the fact that in a previous email, said he had one... tagged a dear.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2015, 04:36:06 pm »
If you gave this even one minute of your time to read, that's one minute he owes you. So far, as I write, 218 Foccers have read this - please write to him asking for our 218 minutes back.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 September 2015, 07:09:17 pm »
a frustrated writer by the look of his drivel

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2015, 05:13:22 pm »
Would you believe that asshole found my bike on eBay, now I'm getting shit emails through them. Boy, for someone who hates that bike, he's sure making a big stink about it, I guess rejecting his $2300.00 offer really bent his wand!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2015, 06:15:02 pm »
He must be selling something himself......or eventually he will...he has an ebay account...and of course he has so many bikes......id put money on his stuff for sale being far more............uninspired......

I would store as many of his details as you can...locked away in a secret place .......just waiting..........then use an "additional" ebay account to unleash hell :evil :evil :evil
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2015, 11:08:30 pm »
Would you believe that asshole found my bike on eBay, now I'm getting shit emails through them. Boy, for someone who hates that bike, he's sure making a big stink about it, I guess rejecting his $2300.00 offer really bent his wand!

C'mon....post up his Ebay tag so we can bombard the muppett. Be even funnier if he has stuff to sell which we can rip the shit out of  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2015, 01:43:14 pm »
His eBay name.... curvecrazy..... couldn't find anything on him though. Do have his phone number and email addy. Gonna put some ads up for him in the personals... hope he like little boys!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2015, 01:57:02 pm »
:rollin
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

SteayEddie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - '94 YZF750R
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 September 2015, 03:04:03 am »
Puzzling thing is.... he's hates the shit out of my bike and the bee paint job, yet he's followed me to eBay!!